So I just got a 24 hour ban from Facebook for Violating Community Standards, because I insulted the imaginary people of an imaginary country. Which is kinda hilarious.
Long version. About a year ago an author friend of mine was putting up snippets of his alternative history story, in which the fictional country (Neu Saxony) experienced a terrorist attack. One guy thought it was real, and a whole bunch of us ended up having fun arguing on behalf of our made up countries about who was really responsible. It was pretty funny.
I ,of course, came to the aid of noble Krasnovia, a nation of peaceful sandwich makers, who were being falsely accused of these heinous crimes. (We were obviously framed)
So a year later the memory reminder thing on FB is bringing this back up. Another friend of mine created this post:
Remember your brothers killed by Krasnovians. #OnlyGoodKrasnovianIsADeadKrasnovian
Now let me share with you the silliness which ensued, which resulted in my terrible violation of community standards.
- Eudyptes Diabolicus: the media never warns people about the krasnovian menace. I think they’ve been corrupted
- Jarrad E Truog: Eudyptes Diabolicus collusion
- Larry Correia: I am disgusted by your Krasnoviphobia.
- Jarrad E Truog: Larry Correia look man you weren’t there when the Horde cut down my men
- Eudyptes Diabolicus: It’s not a phobia. It’s rational caution
- Larry Correia: Krasnovians are a proud people, known for their fine sandwiches, and genocide, but mostly the sandwiches.
- Cathe Smith: If only they could approach the genocide with the same careful attention to detail that they approach sandwich making.
- Jarrade E Truog: Larry Correia I didn’t think we had a Krasnovian Apologist here.
- Larry Correia: I’m a member KAIR. Krasnovian American I something Relations.
- Jarrad E Truog: I knew it.
- Cathe Smith: Krasnovian American Interfellowship Relations
- Jarrad E Truog: The Neu Saxony princess was murdered by Krasnovian Separatists #NeuSaxonyStrong
- Larry Correia: That’s a conspiracy theory! There were Krasnovian immigrant members of the brave Uhlans lost that terrible day.
- Eudyptes Diabolicus: suicide assassins don’t get to be counted as “lost”
- CJ Hyatt: As a card carrying Mojavian, Krasnovia can ETADIK.
- Jarrad E Truog: LOL
- Harman Meyerhoff: Free Nogovia!
- Larry Correia: It’s sad, just because you invade a country and genocide a bunch of Pinelandians one time, everybody forgets about all the wonderful things Krasnovians have given to the world… like the waffle maker, or… uh… well, several different AK-47 variants.
- Jarrad E Truog: I mean they are Communists so are they really people?
- Cathe Smith: Admittedly, the use of a waffle maker in perpetuating a genocide was a new spin on things.
- Larry Correia: Indeed, those Pinelandian dogs never saw that coming! HA HA! Oh, wait… err… I mean, that was a tragic misunderstanding over a border incident, in which the peaceful Krasnovians were unjustly attacked.
- Eudyptes Diabolicus: Just because those pinelandian scum are scum doesn’t excuse krasnovian aggression
- Cathe Smith: The Pinelandians aggressively planted Pinelandian pine trees on Krasnovian soil.
- Larry Correia: It wasn’t aggression. It was self defense! Our column of T-80s were just minding their own business when set upon by savage Pinelandian villagers.
- Jarrad E Truog: Were they minding their own business in Pinelandia?
And my comment which got deleted for violating community standards…
- Larry Correia: It was a “disputed” area, originally settled by peaceful Krasnovian sandwich makers, and then invaded and occupied by filthy Pinelandian goat rapists.
So there you go. I’m banned from Facebook for 24 hours. Rest easy everyone, Mark Zuckerberg is on the case! Facebook will not tolerate satirical posts about a bunch of genocidal sandwich makers saying cruel things about people from an imaginary country.
I will admit, when I saw the ban window pop up for my cruel attack on Pinelandians, it was the best laugh I’ve had in a while. 😀