RIP Twitter

I’m done with Twitter. If you follow me over there, I’ll leave the account open to post blog links back to here and book ads, but other than that I’m not going to use it for any sort of conversation.

You’ve probably heard about how Twitter is falling apart. Their stock price has been tanking.

Recently they created a Trust and Safety Council, to protect people from being triggered with hurtful dissenting ideas. Of course the council is made up of people like Anita Sarkesian, so you know how it is going to swing.

They’ve been unverifying conservatives, and outright banning conservative journalists. Then there were rumors of “shadow banning” where people would post, but their followers wouldn’t see it in their timelines. So it’s like you’re talking to a room that you think has 9,000 people in it, but when the lights come on you’ve been wasting time talking to an empty room.

For the record, I don’t know if that’s what happened to me or not. Some of my posts have just disappeared from my timeline entirely. Other tweets seem to show up for some followers, but not others, and it wasn’t just replies. Beats me. Either something weird was going on and I’ve violated the unwritten rules of the Ministry of Public Truth, or their technical interface is just getting worse (never attribute to malice what could just be stupidity). Either way it is enough of a pain that it was getting to be not worth the hassle.

Then today they disappeared all of my friend Adam Baldwin’s tweets. Ironically, his only visible post (out of 8,000) was a link to an article about how Twitter is banning conservatives. That was the last straw.

So I’m done there. Twitter can take it’s Orwellian “Trust and Safety Council” and stick it.

Series II Challenge Coins: Update VIII
Yard Moose Mountain 2

292 Comments on "RIP Twitter"

Steve
3 months 6 days ago

Actually, it looks like Adam Baldwin has all of one post on his wall. What the heck?

BigFire
3 months 6 days ago

He ran afoul of MiniTru. You will not question SJW.

3 months 5 days ago

If you were a science fiction Christmas Carol my love, Ray Bradbury, Larry Niven and a Heinleinian writer who never was – aborted by the SFWA – would force 770 to read nothing but LesSoc SFF, eat gay wedding cakes and watch future award ceremonies where racially and sexually androgynous one-eyed dwarves with a club foot all named Dick van Dyke would all win a magic inclusive sphincter-shaped Anoos Award for writing harassment policies. 770 would be awarded the Special Noble Sphincter-Clasp for just watching and then kicked down a flight of special Ringworld stairs which never end.

Horrified, 770 would wake up and hopefully wake the fuck up.

Until then File 770 needs a new and more appropriate name: File 101, a room also famous for parties: the Inner Party and Outer Party.

Book
3 months 6 days ago

The only tweet that shows for Adam is his pinned tweet. His TL is stuck on a perpetually loading loop. Even his photos & vids are gone. His is the only profile that has this “problem.”

If Twitter weren’t screwing around with so many prominent conservatives on their site, we might be able to wave this away as just a bug in the system. But now they have a reputation for juvenile behavior. It can’t be so easily dismissed.

3 months 1 day ago

Mary Robinette Kowal
@MaryRobinette
Feb 26
Theordore Beale is the Donald Trump of Science Fiction

Mary Robinette Kowal retweeted
Daniel José Older
@djolder
Feb 26
When you’re trying to convince He Who Must Not Be Named you were his loyal servant all along (referring to Christie-Trump)

Daniel José Older
@djolder
Feb 26
This legacy of giving endless props to white mediocrity coupled with rabid insistence on american exceptionalism…it’s so trifling.

Daniel José Older
@djolder
Feb 26
Because airtime is a finite resource and it goes to white mediocrity instead of black & brown brilliance, again and again

Daniel José Older
@djolder
Feb 26
Morning. Fucking. Joe. And no MHP (Melissa Harris-Perry canceled) @MSNBC?? What in the iapplauding mediocre white man hell? #IStandWithMHP

Can anyone connect the stink of those dots? Try talking about “black mediocrity” and see how long you last at the SFWA. Use the phrase “white mediocrity” and watch how quickly you get a nomination. Twitter too. Yes, RIP Twitter. RIP SFWA. RIP Hugos. RIP SFF.

2 months 29 days ago

Kowal is to American citizenship what Cheetah the Chimp was to acting.

Kristophr
3 months 6 days ago

I’ve been getting around the shadowbanning by using tweetdeck, which ignores shadowbans, but it looks like the writing is on the wall.

Even though I can see their posts, if the majority cannot, the posters will just leave. It looks like Vox Day will need to push his schedule for a twitter alternative forward a bit faster.

Kristophr
3 months 6 days ago

And my account is deleted. Buh-bye, Twitter.

elwoodpdowd

Adam Baldwin is now officially gone from Twitter:

TBF he did it himself, and it was not done to him. But he’s also gone.

BigFire
3 months 6 days ago

I’m convinced that Twitter management is actively shorting their stock and trying to push the stock price lower. It’s not like they’re making money.

Isaac Skarstedt
3 months 6 days ago

Well, looks like I’m gone too. I really only went on to find conservatives like you, Mr. Baldwin, and Milo Yiannopoulos.

Dave H
3 months 6 days ago

I’ve quit Twitter 3 or 4 times over missing tweets from people I followed, including yours, over the past 4 years or so. I complained so many times they fixed it by removing all support & feedback options regarding missing tweets. (God help you if you want to talk to a real person.)

I kept coming back because trying to keep up with people on Facebook makes me suicidal. (Oh, uh, trigger warning.) At least on Twitter the whining was limited to 140 characters at a time.

But I don’t think the missing tweets are social engineering. I think it’s incompetent engineering.

Vince C
3 months 6 days ago

I don’t know about this being attributable to incompetence. Speaking as a software engineer, I know that I would out of my head worried if a significant number of my highp profile clients suddenly were not visible on my software. The twitter platform is mature, and stable. It’s been around for a long while now and the code has matured.

The fact that your not hearing howls of outrage from SJW’s about missing posts on timeline, that there’s a new “Ministry of Truthiness” at Twitter, and everyone that has been noticing the changes and noting it on other platforms are exclusively from the right side of the aisle is, in my opinion damning.

I know that Hanlons Razor says “never assume malice when stupidity will suffice”, but in this case there are to many coincidences to my mind.

Book
3 months 6 days ago

Exactly. Far too many coincidences.

Let’s make a list:

* Trending hashtags started by conservatives disappear from the trending list.
* Prominent hashtags such as “#gamergate” or other wrong-think type tags don’t autocomplete. They’re replaced with tags like “#gamergatersarentgamers”, “#gamergatefailed”, and “#gamergateishate” instead. (go ahead. try it.)
* Wrong-thought folks posting and their tweets never show up for followers, they never show up under the hashtag they’re posting on. (this is called “shadow-banning”)
* A “Glitch” in the system causing a prominent conservative’s page to be stuck in a perpetually loading loop. Even searching his name on the site does not bring up his tweets.
* Suspending the account of a conservative journalist on twitter and refusing to give him a reason why.

I’m sure that’s not even all of it.

3 months 6 days ago

Incompetent engineering that never hits “feminists?” Are you kidding me?

Dave H
3 months 6 days ago

Have you checked for missing tweets by feminists? Or are you just assuming they never disappear because nobody has complained?

I’ve seen tweets from cartoonists and other authors (including John Scalzi) go missing. I haven’t done rigorous testing, but for now I’m still pointing toward the “stupid” side of the stupid/malicious gauge.

3 months 6 days ago

How many of Scalzi’s cult of stupid have you ever seen banned?

Dave H
3 months 6 days ago

I don’t follow such things, so I have no data.

3 months 6 days ago

I did follow such things – for over 2 years. The correct answer is zero. Meanwhile I can name you a dozen anti-feminists who’ve had their accts. in just our local “SJW” arena alone repeatedly suspended over nothing, including a guy’s girlfriend (they reported her just to get at him) and – get this – his cat’s satire acct. SFWA member Beth Bernobich can wish we all die in a fire and “anti-harassment” feminist Randi Harper can put the home phone number of a collection agent who was just doing his job on Twitter with no problem. I could list hundreds of lopsided things like that just in SFF and Gamergate alone. Go look at the 600,000 combined Tweets of over 6 years of anti-white racial incitement from theTrudz and Mikki Kendall. N.K. Jemisin’s Twitter feed reads like Stormfront and the SFWA just gave her her 5th Nebula nom as a reward for “social justice” smeared onto shitty novels.

3 months 6 days ago

That is not a typo: six… hundred… thousand… Tweets over a six year+ period by just two women.

Were-Puppy

The SJW Convergence is on Twitter – it won’t last forever

Finrod
3 months 6 days ago

If you have any doubt, read the Reason article about RS McCain’s banning, then go down into the comments. A Twitter engineer posts that other than the technical people, it’s all SJW all the time there now:

Gay_Cynic
3 months 6 days ago

I smell… opportunity for the technically inclined with a taste for objectivity and fairness

Keith Glass

Such things are in development. But more than that, I’m NDA’d

Shadowdancer
3 months 3 days ago

That’s good to know. I hope you’ll let us know when it shows up so we can move to it. I’ve been wanting to move to a different service from Twitter; G+ I simply didn’t trust for that sort of thing because of SJWs and most of my friends were on Twitter.

Bugmaster
3 months 6 days ago

Last year, I attended AWS re:Invent, where they were demoing Kinesis. Their demo went like this: “Ok, this is how you create a Kinesis stream; it’s less than a page of code. This is how you allocate a shard. One shard is free tier. Five or six shards are enough to run the entirety of Twitter. You can allocate up to 12 shards.” So yeah, I don’t really foresee any technical obstacles here…

IAmDevinThomas
3 months 5 days ago

This reeks of filthy free-market capitalism. Begone, wrongthinker!

jic
3 months 6 days ago

I never really understood the appeal of Twitter to start with.

Peaches N. Cream
3 months 6 days ago

Me either, other than for business purposes: “Hey, everybody, my new book, Son of the Black Manatee, comes out 12 April!”. Why you’d want to use it for social purposes beats me. In any case somebody’s going to make money off the new politically incorrect Twitter-equivalent, with its built-in customer base of the banned.

Radioactive
3 months 6 days ago

IIRC from Websters, Twitter is defined as “Organized stupidity in the form of a “reasonable” discussion”. SJWs brook no such thing and despite an obvious business appeal, it’s just too stupid to put up with

Were-Puppy
3 months 6 days ago

I think it’s the bite sized comments and such that appealed to ADD types

Daniel Ream
2 months 12 days ago

It was originally a TCP/IP implementation of SMS. That’s why the character limit; it’s the same as the limit for text-only SMS messages.

Book
3 months 6 days ago

I can’t help but think this was/ is Twitter’s goal. F things up for conservatives enough to be truly annoying, to the point where it’s too much of a hassle to use.

Interesting, too, that they don’t use the same techniques across the board. Adam’s TL has a “glitch”- it will only load the one tweet. They Shadow-banned Daddy_Warpig , this was proven only because he was posting using a certain hashtag. People took screenshots showing that none of his tweets were showing up. It’s subtle and insidious.

This is what happens when a SJW is given even a little bit of power. Twitter should have never of hired Jack Dorsey. He’s the McCarthyite that Democrats are always wailing on about. I’m sure you’re all shocked to know that the real McCarthyite is one of them.

ThomasD
3 months 6 days ago

These people are not McCarthyite. They are the ideological descendants of the people McCarthy tried to warn us about.

Were-Puppy
3 months 6 days ago

And they will wail and gnash teeth when there is any pushback

Dorothy Grant
3 months 6 days ago

Not to worry. They annoy too many of their users too fast, and a platform will come along that offers fixes to the most annoying errors, bugs of its own, and easy migration. Twitter has forgotten the lesson of Myspace. (And Friendster, and Livejournal, and…)

Were-Puppy
3 months 6 days ago

I just recall Napster, but it had a different problem

Sam M
3 months 6 days ago

I deleted my account. I’m sorry but after the crap they’re pulling later, they can suck my left toe.

3 months 6 days ago

Congratulations, Anita Sarkeesian: you just killed Twitter.

And she’ll be rewarded for it, just you wait and see.

Khazlek
3 months 6 days ago

Are the exlcuded folk numerous enough to deny Twitter enough users to matter? They might just see it as cleansing Twitter.

KnuckleDragger
3 months 6 days ago

We had to destroy the village in order to save it…

Av willis

20 bucks says she gets nominated for a Nobel Peace prize

Were-Puppy
3 months 6 days ago

I thought you had to have zero accomplishments to get one of those.

3 months 6 days ago

That means she’s already in the running . . .

Robert Evans
3 months 6 days ago

I get the feeling that the Left wants to drive conservatives out of social media entirely, or into an ideological closet, as is the case in Hollywood, where a lot of conservatives have to keep their heads down and tug the forelock in order to get work. Minor annoyances such as refusing to allow conservative politicians the use of music hits for their campaigns is just part and parcel of this.

JSchuler
3 months 6 days ago

I think they’d just be happy getting rid of social media, period. It’s not for the masses to be able to talk back to thier betters. We need to be driven back to the days when there were only three shadows on the cave wall, showing the same sillouettes, and no one could look around and disturb them with tales of an outside.

Alan S.

IOW:
Twitter -broadcasting-, without any of the hoi polloi being able to afford (via connections if not money) an account.

Isaac Skarstedt

Nice philosophy reference.

3 months 6 days ago

I also like Mickey’s dog.

JSchuler
3 months 2 days ago

It’s a dwarf dog, James. The American Kennel Club reclassified it in 2006.

Khazlek
3 months 6 days ago

The music thing may be annoying, but I think there are plenty of politicians who I wouldn’t want to use my music if I were a recording star. Why shouldn’t I expect liberal musicians to feel the same way?

It seems that the more fundamental problem is that there are a number of musical genre with a paucity of conservative hit-makers. That can either be because people who are inclined to make those kinds of music are liberal, or the music business gives the cold shoulder to those who aren’t. It’s probably both.

Reziac
3 months 6 days ago

Same in academia. I can’t find the paper again offhand, but a couple years ago someone documented how if you don’t toe the liberal line (as defined by your fellow academics), you don’t get the tenure and might not keep the job.

Ranba_Ral
3 months 6 days ago

I’ve seen the shadow ban lack of posts happening with Larry, Warpig, and Mark Kern’s posts recently. I was just going around it by going direct to their TL’s. What happened with Adam Baldwin is beyond the pale though.

Odd thing is that earlier I’ve noticed the same thing that Larry is complaining about (the disappearing tweets) happening to me, and I’m a small fry. I’ve got less than 200 followers and only about 4k tweets over several years. Makes me wonder if they’re testing automated tools, since some of their earlier stuff about the Ministry of Truth talked about automatic systems based on blocks, complaints, and smart TL’s ‘showing you what we think you want to see’ and such.

Mikeq
3 months 6 days ago

Apart from two large venture capitalists whom I can’t confirm, the large individual investors are the CEO (4.5%), the other co-founder Evans (12%) and the current president (1.9%). Compare that to the largest institutional investor (a Vanguard fund) who hold 1.4% and you can see where leverage lies. I think that one of the largest investors pre B round is a former Alpha Bank executive (.ru), he might have more leverage, but hard to say, since I have’t gone to look at the latest 10k.

Blackrock cut their TWT position by 50% this month. TWTR is down YoY, but got a bounce last week on buyout rumors. Taking the company out public hands would be crazy expensive compared to its revenue figures and slow growth.

Baldwin has 272k followers. What proportion of those followers will care and leave TWTR? Let’s say that they ALL do – which is unlikely. That’s a drop in the bucket of the user base. I think he is the biggest conservative TWTR user, no?

Emery Calame
3 months 5 days ago

A quarter million eyes not seeing the interest targeted ads is insignificant to a company with plummeting value that is alienating its viewership with obnoxious niche viewpoints like Anita Sarkesians? With judgment calls like that no wonder twitter is in the $#!%%er

Brad R. Torgersen
3 months 6 days ago

Can I admit that I am jumping up and down with glee, at the idea of Twitter going the way of MySpace? I mean, Facebook is shit enough, but Twitter . . . Twitter makes me die inside, just a little bit, every time I find myself there. I’ve not ever had an account. Every time I’ve been thinking about seriously getting an account, I wind up like that little meme guy who raises his finger and is about to talk, then his finger droops and his face shows sudden conflict of desire, followed by him just walking away. I put up with Facebook, but just barely. Twitter? Nope. No. No, no, no, no. Die in a fire, Twitter. Die in a fire. Faster, please.

Toastrider

By all means. I brought snacks. We can sit and watch Twitter burn. 🙂

Radioactive

oh, oh…SMORES?

Tomyironmane
3 months 4 days ago

Cooking s’mores over the flames of Twitter burning? Frankly I’d rather cook them over a burning diaper pail. The taste and atmosphere would be better.

Brian Niemeier
3 months 6 days ago

On the one hand, I completely agree with your assessment of Twitter.

On the other, Twitter’s self-immolation kind of sucks for me, since it was the easiest means of staying in touch with my readers.

Shadowdancer
3 months 3 days ago

Yeah. It was helpful for that reason.

Were-Puppy
3 months 6 days ago

FarceBook is indeed a nightmare

Dan Lane
3 months 5 days ago

I had a bad feeling about Twitter. I know, that’s a cliche thing to say. But something about it just seemed… off, for a long time now. It’s just that the minitroos and sjw-types aren’t hiding it anymore.

There are people I respect. Some of them are, or have been on twitter. I like seeing what they have to say. I don’t have to be on twitter to do that…

Shadowdancer
3 months 3 days ago

The only reason I got on it was to keep an eye on Larry’s twitter, because it was hilarious to begin with. Then I got involved reading Gamergate related stuff, then Milo and Daddy Warpig, and some folks passing around conservative related news. Made some nice chattery friends there because I could fit this in short bursts of activity, but I could probably work that better on blogging.

I probably won’t stay if Larry’s gone.

Joe Triscari
3 months 6 days ago

I saw a tweet once that was an idea for a twitter ad below. Not sure who did it and I’m too lazy to look it up.

Idea for twitter ad:
[Guy opens window and starts screaming incoherently at people passing by]
[Voiceover] Twitter. There’s a better way.

Khazlek
3 months 6 days ago

So basically the scene from Network where the guy opens the window and shouts “I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take it anymore”? That movie nailed TV, it just didn’t have the imagination to predict the social media equivalent.

TRX
3 months 6 days ago

“We took the most annoying part of usenet and updated it for the 21st century! “

David MacKinnon
3 months 6 days ago

Never got involved with Twitter. Early on saw how the Left wind blew (Ewww…I punned). Even Google is getting in on the act. See how they forced the change of “Pro Life” to “Anti Choice” for peoples browsers. One of many, and Harbinger (oh, the Irony, it burns…) of more to come. Twitter has become the “Go to” tool of lazy journalism, but once enough people check out, it will go the way of AOL and BBSs. The only thing in the Universe that doesn’t change, is that everything changes.

Rob
3 months 6 days ago

That wasn’t Google. It’s an extension written for Chrome by some anonymous lefty who’s partnered with an pro-abortion group. Extensions can be created by anyone, and you have to manually go out and install it if you want it; it isn’t something that’s forced on users.

Were-Puppy
3 months 6 days ago

The only reason I look at twitter is to follow a handful of characters, including Trump. And that is only once every couple of weeks. I can easily live without it.

Arwen
3 months 6 days ago

Ding, dong, the twit is dead?

3 months 6 days ago

Too bad. I was looking forward to Larry breaking 10k followers within the next few weeks. Ah well.

3 months 6 days ago

As we’ve increasingly gone from from using terms like “PC” to “SJW” and finally the true gender studies rot at the heart of this, the reaction has been ever more hysterical. That proves that with their increased exposure comes increased scrutiny and journalists and researchers are increasingly appalled at the insane origins of this cult. It’s saying something that Anita Sarkeesian’s devotion to bell hooks is one of the least insane expressions of this cult compared to Judith Butler, Robin Morgan, Charlotte Bunch (of the bloody-faced Milo Rugters talk), Gayle Rubin and Adrienne Rich. Anyone familiar with the peculiar supremacist theories and lingo of those madhatters knows the rhetoric we are seeing today is a 100% match.

These are not “feminists,” and we need to stop using that term, along with “cultural Marxism,” “Alinsky,” “Marxists,” “Leftists” and “liberals.” The KKK and neo-Nazi don’t care whether black folks or Jews are Conservative or liberal and neither does this cult. They have only one single target and that is men, whites, and heterosexuality. It’s not like they haven’t been blaring that on Twitter every single day in round-robin witchhunts.

Robert Stacy McCain was the closest to researching the truth and now he is out. Milo is more of a problem because of his higher profile but he will be next. Twitter will make an assessment of which will be more damaging: leaving him be or banning him. I think Milo will make them ban him to make a point. Whether it’s true or not controlling a narrative is important is beside the point; Twitter obviously believes it is. But I agree. 2009 to present is a classic example of mainstreaming hate speech into the public arena as “social justice.”

I urge everyone to read Kelly M. Sutter’s essay and free PDF “’Nazi Gods’ and ‘Jewish Devils’: The Dehumanizing Rhetoric of Nazi Propaganda.” That mindset is what you’re up against.

KnuckleDragger
3 months 6 days ago

I have some alternative names, in several language, but my mother said never to use those words in polite company…

Alan S.

They aren’t polite.

TRX
3 months 6 days ago

The way I see it, the politically correct are annoying, but essentially passive-aggressive. The social justice warriors go out deliberately looking to cause trouble.

gmmay
3 months 6 days ago

I never made the personal choice to get involved with Twitter. Once it became clear just how leftist many of these tech giants were rolling, I decided to use them as little as possible. I’m this close to canceling my FB account because they’ve just gotten way too creepy.

It’s really starting to affect a lot of megacorps. I’m having fun watching several of them start their death spirals. Couldn’t have happened to a nicer bunch of assholes. I welcome the next dotcom bubble bust.

Khazlek
3 months 6 days ago

Well if they really piss off enough people to have a viable market for an alternative, one will arise. What fraction of Twitter’s users are pissed off though?

gmmay
3 months 6 days ago

Well, they didn’t really seem to be in a position of losing market share, so any loss – and they’re losing people over this – isn’t going to change the existing trendline.

Though I would say that a half-assed boycott isn’t really going to do the trick.

JSchuler
3 months 6 days ago

Twitter had ZERO subscriber growth last quarter. The only way they are not losing market share is if the market isn’t even keeping up with population growth, which puts it in a dying market. None of those is good for Twitter.

That’s why they’re doing this. The company is sick and they don’t know how to cure it. They’re trying bloodletting right now with the Trust and Safety Council. The next step is a mercury enema administered by the new timeline. Who knows, if we’re lucky they might try trepanation with a paywall after that.

gmmay
3 months 6 days ago

Yes, I originally intended to convey that Twitter wasn’t in a position to sustain a loss in market share. Realized the poor wording after hitting post.

TRX
3 months 6 days ago

An acquaintance works for a military subcontractor. The corporation has no internal email or conferencing systems; they do everything on Facebook and Twitter. He had to sign up for a Facebook account to exchange memos with co-workers, and to contact HR to get his tax withholding changed.

“The mind, she boggle!”

Were-Puppy
3 months 6 days ago

That is really really bad. Anything put into Facebook becomes FBs property. Apparently including this guys personal info.

BioChemiker
3 months 6 days ago

I literally joined Twitter yesterday. Today, I wonder what’s the point? I’m sure a more liberal (in the classic sense) competitor to Twitter will takes its place in the market. Even SJWs aren’t going to enjoy Twitter if there isn’t anyone around to offend them… Either that or they’ll start eating their own. Hmm. Maybe I will keep Twitter…

Thomas Wictor
3 months 6 days ago

You have to have a Twitter account in order to achieve high rankings in Google search results.

The Google Web crawlers look for certain things: linked Twitter account, linked Facebook account, linked Google account, outgoing links, interior links, photos, and videos. Traffic isn’t all that important.

If you have a blog or Website, you need Twitter, despite the new Ministry of Truth. My guess is that it’ll backfire spectacularly, and they’ll put things back the way they were.

analogkid
3 months 6 days ago

Well, you were one of three people I opened up Twitter to read (never made an account) and one of them already left.

*keeps reading*

Adam Baldwin’s done too? Well, that’s all of them.

Nothing good will come of a place that made Scam Artist Sarkeesian head censor.

Keith Glass
3 months 6 days ago

I’ve already made my final tweet:

“Goodbye” . . .

Patrick Chester
3 months 6 days ago

At this rate I’m going to be using twitter just to check and see if SWTOR is finished with maintenance or has fixed a server outage. Or with another game.

[…] number of my friends have given up on Twitter for good. Legendary author, Larry Correia, is through with Twitter and I don’t blame him. He suspects his Tweets have been messed with […]

Were-Puppy
3 months 6 days ago

I like the term “Legendary Author, Larry Correia”

Jeff Weimer
3 months 6 days ago

The only problem is, that’s exactly what Anita Sarkeesian wants.

3 months 6 days ago

That’s why I’m hanging around for now. But losing Larry’s smackdowns of idiots on Twitter is going to take most of the fun out of it.

Patrick Chester
3 months 6 days ago

That’s pretty much why I’m not deleting my account. If they want me to leave they’ll have to force me out. Though I don’t really post much anyway. (I recently broke… 600 tweets a day or so ago.)

Hm. Maybe I should make a snarky tweet or two about #MiniTrust every once in awhile? I’ve used the term in a few tweets, but I haven’t actually made it into a hashtag.

Mark
3 months 6 days ago

There must be an “auto-tweet” app that could do your tweets for you. Something with a good insult generator?

Khazlek
3 months 6 days ago

I think there is a more fundamental problem than the Ministry of Truth. Twitter, even when it works perfectly, and isn’t shadow banning, is largely a pointless waste of time. It’s as if we’re being invited to read the whole country’s collective supply of restroom walls.

Were-Puppy
3 months 6 days ago

Enough people are finding some value in it, even if you arent

J. C. Salomon
3 months 6 days ago

Some folks are suggesting the GNU Social network of sites (create an account on one, follow people there or on any other) like GNUTan or Quitter.se or FreezePeach.xyz; I think there’ll need to be many new “instances” of GNU Social before this becomes a feasible option. (Especially since the Quitter.se site is even more explicitly SJW-friendly than Twitter.)

Kent Shambaugh
3 months 6 days ago

I deleted my twitter account the day I found out that Sarkeesian was put on their Trust and Safety Council.

Luke
3 months 6 days ago

I just deactivated my account.

ZogTheFuzzy
3 months 6 days ago

I just deactivated my account. Good riddance, Twitter!

hobanwashburne
3 months 6 days ago

You mean I’m too late to join Twitter while anyone interesting still uses it?

RandyGC
3 months 6 days ago

I only have an account for work so that I can monitor feeds from local news, national weather service, and affiliated organizations to get a heads up when something happens locally that I might have to deal with. I’ve never “twitted” once, I only need a receiver, not a transceiver.

For that reason, I’ll maintain that account, but have never seen the value of one for outside of work. I have enough RSS feeds to keep me busy in my recreational web surfing.

Hopefully this means Larry will have more time to create ways of emptying my bank account!

Mike
3 months 6 days ago

LC, did my post on TWTR investors etc. run afoul of moderation rules here?

Wes S.
3 months 6 days ago

“Stupidity *or* malice?” I’d say you really need to embrace the healing power of “and.”

The SJWs now calling the shots at Twitter are obviously perfectly cool with destroying the entire platform, if it means that people like Stacy McCain, Larry and Adam Baldwin can’t use it. Remind me again: Which administration made “We had to destroy the village to save it” a national catchphrase?

Rob Crawford
3 months 6 days ago

It wasn’t an administration, it was Peter Arnett. The quote was from an “anonymous” source.

TRX
3 months 6 days ago

That’s hardly unusual. Most of the companies I’ve worked for, their own management seemed to be quite comfortable with sabotaging their own company for trivial or no reason… even when their bonus was keyed to the profit margin.

Writing/publishing isn’t the only field”…and then you get paid” sits in some sort of aphasic blind spot…

DanC
3 months 6 days ago

I’d Tweet this, but I cancelled my Twitter account 2 hours ago. F- ’em.

The Political Hat

There is an alternative to Twitter: Quitter.se

Unlike Twitter, the Quitter platform is decentralized similar to E-mail.

Adam Lawson
3 months 6 days ago

I decided to scale back, then saw the Sarkeesian thing… and then RSMcCain. But now you and Baldwin?

Fuck ’em.

Andrew
3 months 6 days ago

A note on “missing tweets”.
Given the technology used in Twitter, it’s possible, even likely, that different users will be out of sync with each other. The database that Twitter uses doesn’t operate in the same way as the one your bank or credit card uses. In tech terms, it lacks “atomic transactions”. There are lots of good technical reasons for this, in an environment like Twitter or Facebook. Missing tweets can be a byproduct of this.

Trust and Safety Council and Shadow Banning…yeh, those are the actions of people who want to control what you see and hear. Of course, it’s their business.

Seems like an opportunity for someone else’s business to me.

Rob Crawford
3 months 6 days ago

TBH, banks don’t use “atomic transactions”, either. They use eventual consistency — which is why you can be overdrawn.

TRX
3 months 6 days ago

No, but the messages should show up eventually. If they don’t show up, they’re losing data, either through bad design, incompetence, or deliberate action.

Austin
3 months 6 days ago

It’s sad because I don’t use Facebook and I always enjoyed the beat downs you administered during your loading screens. But the whole place is getting more and more toxic. Turning into a massive echo chamber.

Emery Calame
3 months 6 days ago

Larry, thought you might get a kick out of this! Your age of blimps that almost was might be on its way back for a 2nd try.

Captain Comic
3 months 6 days ago

I don’t twit (twoot? twhut?), and I’ve only been a point on two twit-storms.

I checked. Dori Smith’s OUTRAGE about my freebie table offerings is still there.

So we can all sleep safe, I guess.

LIBERAL bias?

Pffft…don’t be silly.

Smashmaster
3 months 6 days ago

I just deleted my account. Adios Twitter!

Emery Calame
3 months 5 days ago

Same. It stinks in there.

Wil
3 months 6 days ago

I will bet you that after the 2016 November Presidential election, Twitter ( if they are still around) would issue a massive apology to all its users stating they still stand for free speech and freedom of expression but will blame a large group of users( read conservatives) who had caused emotional and mental anguish to the vulnerable members( read- SJWs and Progs) that caused Twitter to ban these users from using Twitter.

al

Good riddance, Twitter.

Many high-profile users are discovering just how pointless the site is. It sucks that certain political groups get the shaft, I know, but if it’s any consolation, I can name dozens of big-name liberals who either never joined or quit the service out of frustration. Stephen Fry quit earlier this month, for example.

And artists and creatives will hopefully redirect their focus to crafting remarkable content–which is the way it was before these digital panopticons squirmed their way into the public. Even the New York Times forces its contributors to have Twitter accounts (which certainly explains their journalistic decline, as they are more focused on followers than creating compelling narratives).

I just can’t think of a way to save the site, and I don’t care. These media need to prove their worth to US; we are not obligated to accept all of them at face value and then figure out how to squeeze them into our lives. They need us.

So please, everyone, stop giving them all your information for free. Don’t feed the machine. Take pictures because you want to–not because you think it’d make a good status update.

JSchuler
3 months 6 days ago

“I just can’t think of a way to save the site, and I don’t care.”

I have $20 set aside, so in about five years I’ll just buy Twitter and give it a go. Yeah, it’ll still be a total waste of money, but if I totally screw up I should still be able to recoup a fiver out of it.

jic
3 months 6 days ago

“Stephen Fry quit earlier this month, for example.”

Doesn’t he do that at least four times a year?

Cole
3 months 6 days ago

twitter is turning into tumblr

Austin
3 months 6 days ago

When I’ve wanted to ask a question or bring something to your attention, I’ve used Twitter in the past. Where should we do that now? I hope the only answer isn’t Facebook.

The beard with no name
3 months 6 days ago

Trashy twits tweet truthless taunts to tout tarnished tabernacle.

[…] #FREESTACY: Larry Correia, shadow-banned, abandons twitter. RIP Twitter. […]

toadold
3 months 6 days ago

If company insiders are shorting the stock they run a risk of criminal prosecution for insider trading. Also once a company gets a stink on their product name even when you change the name the stink will be talked about by someone. Twitter is just the Internet equivalent of a vanity press now. They’ll find there are not enough SJW to keep them afloat by banner add sales.

3 months 6 days ago

[…] IS PC: RIP Twitter. Larry Correia is shadow banned, says “Twitter can take it’s Orwellian “Trust and Safety […]

Shatter
3 months 6 days ago

Twitter… Turning into the new Tumblr.

With a profit loss to match.

3 months 6 days ago

“The first division of labor, in pre-history, was based on sex: men hunted, women built the villages, took care of children, and farmed. Women collectively controlled the land, language, culture, and the communities. Men were able to conquer women with the weapons that they developed for hunting when it became clear that women were leading a more stable, peaceful, and desirable existence. We do not know exactly how this conquest took place, but it is clear that the original imperialism was male over female: the male claiming the female body and her service as his territory (or property).”

“…heterosexuality is crucial to maintaining male supremacy.”

“Race, class and national oppressions come from men, serve ruling class white men’s interests.”

“Lesbianism is the key to liberation and only women who cut their ties to male privilege can be trusted to remain serious in the struggle against male dominance.”

That’s radical lesbian Charlotte Bunch in 1972, the woman who started and has headed up Rutgers’ women studies program since 1989. She has traveled to China with Hillary Clinton, been given an award by President Clinton and is influential at the U.N. It is her creations who smeared blood on their faces at Milo’s Rutgers talk.

It is John Scalzi himself who taught us about “intersectionality” by directing us to this quote by lesbian and “shamanic power” Audre Lorde who points out the privilege of the “white, thin, male, young, heterosexual, Christian, and financially secure.” Lorde in turn once blurbed the dust-jacked of the academic fraud Andrea Dworkin’s book Woman-Hating, with it’s 17th century magic Hobbits who passed on the powers of levitation and telepathy to a secret European coven of witches, 9 million of whom were subsequently killed over 300 years by Christian men.

Do you think it’s a coincidence a political lesbian and former women’s studies teacher like Cat Rambo is now president of the SFWA? I can guarantee you it was Judith Butler, Audre Lorde and other insane women in Rambo’s text books, not photos of women marching for the vote. There was certainly Derrida, Lacan, Levi-Strauss and Foucault; empty-headed French intellectuals who were cherry-picked to “prove” incest and lesbianism were thrown down by men in Bunch’s imaginary pre-history. You don’t really think the “cisheteropatriarchy” came from equal rights feminism, do you? Here’s another example academic topics from Depaul’s “Women’s Gender Studies” dept. webpage:

“intersections of race, class, gender, sexuality; cross-cultural perspectives; violence against women; women in the Middle East; lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, and transgender identities and politics; autobiography; queer theories; immigrant women; globalization; transnational feminist perspectives; antiracism; gender and education; feminist theories and politics; gender and family violence.”

Next time someone uses the word “feminist” to you just laugh in their face and say “Did you mean ‘radical lesbianism?'” Twitter is providing covering fire for this lunatic asylum – there symbolized by Anita Sarkeesian – and for no other thing. We are to believe that hundreds of thousands of great castles, bridges, cathedrals and monuments never once built by women are the result of “misogyny”; heterosexual families too.

“White male privilege cares ONLY about white male privilege, and there is no goal except maintaining that position of power.” – Marjorie Liu, Marvel Comics writer and host of the non-whites-only “VONA Voices: Writing Workshops for Writers of Color.”

rokshox
3 months 6 days ago

I deleted my account. 1900+ legit followers.

Scott Malcomson
3 months 6 days ago

Gonna miss ya. Personally, I plan to ride this thing down like Major Kong on the bomb, screamin’ a rebel yell all the way.

3 months 6 days ago

In my opinion there should be Senate hearings with a view to shutting down every women’s & gender studies programs at universities and colleges in America. Every member of such faculties should be fired and the whole done under federal hate crime legislation and for violating Title IX for group defamation, hate speech, sexual harassment, racial incitement and incitement to hate men.

All such depts. should be reorganized from the ground up. Since these people are so addicted to diversity, let all such programs be ruled by a committee half GOP, half Dem, half women, half men. They would all need to agree on hiring and the text books used.

We cannot allow hate speech to define itself or expect it to end itself.

[…] (Mon­ster­Hunter­Na­tion) Larry Cor­reia and Adam Bald­win both forced off Twit­ter after RS McCain […]

3 months 6 days ago

Brianna Wu assures us that nothing is wrong:

Were-Puppy

That is one fugly dude

Brianna Wu – what a sweet little tart of a gal. LOL

Slim W.
3 months 6 days ago

Here’s the problem: the Left is coordinating with government to silence dissent. They say “well, Twitter is a private company, so they can enforce whatever rules they like.”

The Left is attacking on two fronts: on the public front, they use “hate speech” laws to get dissenting talk out of the public view. On the private front, they use “ownership”.

How long till they come after your internet connection? How long till your ability to “communicate” is destroyed?

Radioactive
3 months 6 days ago

the only trigger I respect is the one on my Colt (my S&W too)

And the Usual Suspects weigh in:

File 770:

“snowcrash on February 23, 2016 at 3:29 am said:

(snip)

(12) – (15) – Well, this is a thing. It’s got that perfect mix of “conservatives/ libertarians” who hold up as totems of their beliefs the practice of being an arsehole. Put this together with them also holding sacred the view that a private enterprise should somehow be obligated to provide a platform.as well as the belief that being criticised, ridiculed, and ignored is somehow “censorship”, and you’ve got a really unique breed of… whatever they are. Is pro-entitlement conserva-libertarianism a thing in the States?”

“Aaron on February 23, 2016 at 5:43 am said:

(12/13/14) One thing that amuses me about the conservative figures flouncing off of twitter is how they keep mentioning that they enjoyed Twitter because of the ability to “debate”.

Given that their version of “debate” is often “get an internet mob to scream death and rape threats at someone for days on end”, I’m not sad to see them go. I’m not sure why Baldwin liked “debate” – he had a habit of getting tangled up in arguments with people like Sarkeesian and Wu and getting his head handed to him, after which he would go back and delete all of his tweets from that argument. Baldwin is, quite simply, not very bright.”

Twitter:

“Connor Clay ‏@NordRonnoc · 10h10 hours ago

Connor Clay Retweeted

One asshole down. I used to know Larry Correia. Hope he realized what he had done.”

3 months 6 days ago

“All men benefit from structural sexism. Men bragging about moderate views doesn’t make them intelligent, it makes them unaware of privilege.” – Brianna Wu

And if I push back against that, morons like Wu consider that “harassment.” Meanwhile, millions of unknown men without names claiming to be moderate is proof of a lack of intelligence and unawareness of their oppressive privilege, which in this goof’s mind is neither inflammatory nor supremacist. Good thing a guy who thinks he’s a woman has sized up reality for us and chimed in on the side of Twitter today. And of course, here’s the keeper quote from this amusing lunatic:

“Brianna Wu ‏@Spacekatgal So, why do men feel like they know more about sexism than women? You don’t live it day in and out. Just listen – it’s not complicated.”

Good question, Bud; why do they? Here’s yet another example from this moron where they show how it’s harassment when I do it but noble brave rebellion when blissfully insane “feminists” do it:

“Brianna Wu ‏@Spacekatgal It’s amazing, but standing your ground and saying, ‘I hear you. I don’t agree,’ is interpreted an aggressive act of defiance.”

Okay, I hear you and don’t agree [blocked]. Banned.

Those are quotes I picked up from Wu last year. 770 is today kind enough to point out Wu is against Larry on this Twitter matter because “There is no evidence for it whatsoever. None, zilch, zero.”

Keep the quotes from your clownish community coming, Mike. Between the wisdom of K. Tempest Bradford, Wu and your commenters, it makes for an interesting case study and insight into the minds of mentally ill lunatics, racist con artists and pathological liars. Keep telling yourself it makes a real difference Baldwin deleted himself, since he clearly did it in the context of a banning, without which, he would not have done it. Now that we know that, are we all going “Oh, whew! Nevermind then”? No, it doesn’t matter, and 770 has been providing covering fire for this fuckery since the beginning, behaving exactly like Twitter is now.

Look at your commenters about the Oshiro affair; they could’ve been written by one person. How do you come to such a consensus without culling the herd? Gee, you never delete people anymore. How’d that happen? Challenge the commenters you’ve kept in play to stop lying about a “cabal.” There is no need for such a thing within such a consensus, and it is that consensus which creates the Nebulas and Hugos, not a “conspiracy.” There is no need of a Catholic “conspiracy” within a Catholic church.

3 months 6 days ago

The hypocrisy continues: the very Beth Bernobich who wished you and your fans should die in a fire is criticizing Chris Gerrib’s apology for his innocuous comment about the Conquistadores. Were this just politics, it would just be gossip of little interest to me, but the obvious race and man-hatred behind their insane version of a moral ethos is something that needs to be addressed. This is a hate cult. Bernobich being a member of the SFWA, can you imagine how she votes for Nebulas? I can: with her [redacted].

The Phantom
3 months 6 days ago

Have you been following the Oshiro witch hunt over there? I have never seen a member of a protected group under-bussed faster and harder than that poor woman Selina Rosen. What a pack of rabid dogs, holy Toledo.

None of them seem to have the self-awareness to realize the lone Sad Puppy gun nut racist/bigot/homphobe (me) is the one sticking up for the witch they want to burn.

I’m happy to let them rage on, after all The Phantom exists only on the Interwebz, they can’t get at me in real life. I don’t know how Larry and Brad put up with it.

The Phantom
3 months 6 days ago

They’re going f-ing psychotic. Recommend you skip it, the ugly is large and will waste time better spent.

3 months 6 days ago

Someone uttered the word “Cortes” at him and whites laughing while dropping A-bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki from chrome planes with heterosexual nose art of Ann Miller flashed before his eyes.

The Phantom
3 months 6 days ago

Yeah, and you know it really makes me want to attend WorldCon this year, watching 770 tolerance in action. Holy freaking freak.

3 months 5 days ago

770’s commenters are hilarious. They claim we’re seeing a non-existent conspiracy in threads where they’re sharing Gravitar IDs so they can use a script to block each other’s comments. I wonder if they’ll eventually block everyone’s comments but their own. What a crew of daffy fuckers. You’d need an army and a garbage scow the size of an aircraft carrier to unpack all their stupid bullshit.

Emery Calame
3 months 5 days ago

Someone said Paddington to me once and I remembered all the times that Tigger chased me through the hundred acre wood laughing with obscene joy, my blood on his claws, and my lungs raw from screaming. Also that time I caught my mommy giving Santa Claus a handy under the Christmas tree and when Santa saw me he changed shaped so he looked like my daddy and told me to go to bed and I smelled rum all over that immortal elfin home breaker.

3 months 4 days ago

By the way, there is no bigger fan of N.K. Jemisin than Mark Oshiro.

Surprise!

Reziac
3 months 4 days ago

I’ve been reading it too — and shaking my head. A generation ago (“in my day, sonny”) he’d have told her to knock it off, people would laugh about it later, and that would have been the end of it. Now? It’s a full-scale production with three-part harmony and an anvil chorus.

What’s really hilarious are the holes some of the commenters dug themselves while falling all over themselves apologizing for not sufficiently recognising someone’s $ingroupness.

Emery Calame
3 months 5 days ago

“Just listen – it’s not complicated.”

But I have listened to the “TALES O’ SYSTEMIC SEXISM, and it’s not just complicated, it’s dogmatic, paranoid, rejects reality, and prone to becoming incoherent when examined in any sort of detail by any honest, insightful, analytical, or generally life- experienced person. In trying to use academia to imply an automatic position of credibility to feminist views, feminism has succeeded only in making the humanities academia seem fragile, gullible, easily intimidated, incompetent, poorly read, and pathologically obsessed with fads.

3 months 5 days ago

Aaaand over at Vile they’re very upset that Larry made a comment about the Oshiro thing without doing research first. This, coming from people who by their own admission, comment on what we Puppies say without reading what we actually said. For example, this week a whole bunch of them got mad at MGC for “insulting” Katherine Rusch, based on the one paragraph Glyer excerpted there. Anybody who knows MGC knows how ludicrous that statement is.

3 months 5 days ago

Honesty is no defense. You should know that by now. 😉

The Phantom
3 months 4 days ago

They’re angry because I called them a bunch of witch burning psychotics, and now they’re taking it out on you. My bad.

Although I must say I’m surprised at Mr. Glyer, combing through your comments threads. Seems kinda teenagerish.

3 months 4 days ago

They are psychotic. They remind me of back when I used to be conflicted between watching The Three Stooges or Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker on the 700 Club, because they were on the same time every morning. Tammy used to sing songs and she cried every time, causing her incredibly thick mascara to run in black streaks down her face. Plus, like that scam in the movie The Producers, they sold 1800% of lots they had in some Godlandia condo asylum or whatever it was. That’s what these freaks are – File 700 Club. If I measured these pre-Enlightenment Huns in winces I’d look like an old pioneer prairie women.

60guilders

Zsuzsa
3 months 4 days ago

“Larry Correia does not need a new mountain. There’s a rent-free space in Glyer’s head for him, right next to the Mad Genius Clubhouse.”

Good thing that there’s plenty of empty space in there.

Wes S.
3 months 3 days ago

Well, with Vox Day also in there even Glyer’s headspace is becoming pretty crowded . . .

Heck, Vox is living rent-free in so many SJW heads he’s become the biggest slumlord on the planet . . . 🙂

matthew
3 months 4 days ago

That’s been his MO for years. You should see what he does to Sarah Hoyt.

3 months 4 days ago

Today it’s because you’re old. No, really.

“Ray on February 25, 2016 at 6:20 am said:

@Vivienne Raper
How many people attending Worldcon in 1976 were under 40?
If the goal of the Puppies is to attract young people to Worldcon, how is it served by having Torgersen, Correia and Beale as ringleaders, and constantly harking back to the fiction of the good old days when men were manly?”

3 months 4 days ago

Well, you’re not a vital young man in your prime like David Gerrold or Steve Davidson, but you manage to get by.

Brian McGoldrick
3 months 3 days ago

I’ve been seeing this behavior pattern in damn near everyone else for years now. You call these moronic clowns “liberals” or “progressives”, the label they give themselves. There is not one damn thing about them that is liberal. They are wanabe Totalitarians, who think they god’s gift to everything, even though they adamantly decry their disbelief in any god.

People who can think outside the dogma of their Political Correctness need to stop using their self-declared labels. Call them what they are: Totalitarians, Fascists, Authoritarians, Oligarchs, anything but liberal or progressive, which are outright lies in regards to them. People who make a living out of the use of language following along with their Ministry of Truth redefinition of words just furthers their agenda.

I’ve stopped calling them liberal, except as a caveat toward their lies.

Brian McGoldrick
3 months 2 days ago

Over the past twenty odd years that I’ve actually been paying attention to the political use of liberal and progressive, I have seen them both in continuous usage. The Slick Willie election was what made really start looking at the Orwellian nature of how language was being used in the media. With the exception of people like the ones you find on this site and other groups that already understand the outright lies that are masked by their use of the terms, I have yet to see any swings or revelations in the understanding of the general masses. You highly overestimate the ability of people who have been inculcated by the media’s use the terms see beyond the walls of the box of lies. So except for preaching to the choir, using their own terms for the libs and progs is not having much effect.

Radioactive
3 months 4 days ago

that’s how you know that you must be doing something right!

The Phantom
3 months 4 days ago

So it seems. Today they’re raging on at me because I use a pseudonym to comment.

Because I it’s very inconvenient that they can’t silence me by calling my boss to try and get me fired, I guess. Maybe something else though.

What’s striking today is they don’t seem to connect “censoring twitter” with “BURN the witch!”. If there really was an impartial Trust and Safety Committee, (stop laughing you guys!) then File 770’s witch burning thread would be shut the hell down. Because White Male slagging Gay Female over hearsay, my decoder ring says that’s bad. Maybe I need an update.

3 months 4 days ago

Half the people on that blog use pseudonyms to comment. The mind boggles at the hypocrisy on display.

The Phantom
3 months 4 days ago

All in all, the chances of me ever letting these scooter driving freaks near me is getting smaller and smaller. Attend WorldCon? Maybe in a Mobile Infantry powered suit. Otherwise, not so much. I’m staying right here in my fortified compound with my alligator filled moat.

analogkid
3 months 3 days ago

“That’s a killer, eh? I’ve got some dickweed named “DriveByFruiting” telling me off for posting as “The Phantom”.”

He screwed it up, too. It’s a run-by fruiting. Didn’t he ever see Mrs. Doubtfire? Oh well, too late. A good SJW can’t watch it now. It’s much too transphobic for [CURRENT YEAR].

And yeah, people saying “if you really believe what you say, put your real name behind it” was stupid when I got on the internet over 20 years ago, it was stupid when it was probably going on well before that on the first BBSes, and it’s extremely stupid today, even without the hypocrisy.

matthew
3 months 3 days ago

They can tell it to Silence Dogood.

analogkid
3 months 3 days ago

I was thinking the same thing, matthew. 🙂

The Phantom
3 months 4 days ago

“…you weirdo Santa Claus looking…”

BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!

Thanks, Larry, for that cleansing bit of hilarity. My ribs hurt now.

Bibliotheca Servare
3 months 2 days ago

Ditto! I think I’ve broken something, laughing so hard…

SPQR
3 months 5 days ago

They lie. A lot.

David Jack Smith
3 months 6 days ago

What we need is a new FREE SPEECH platform similar to the user interface of Twitter..

PLUS the ability to IMPORT all your Twitter followers like one does with importing your sat IE browser bookmarks to Firefox browser.

That would clean up. If technically possible.

3 months 6 days ago

But how do we keep the platform from falling into the hands of the Seriously Judgemental Weasels?

matthew
3 months 6 days ago

Keep it privately owned by a small group? What would the capital costs be, anyway?

And would it be designed to profit, or be a community service?