Sad Puppies 3: The Ensaddening.

sad_puppies_3_patch

It is that time of year again. If you’d like to nominate good books, stories, and related works for the Hugos so that the biggest award in sci-fi/fantasy isn’t just a Social Justice Warrior circle jerk, you need to get yourself a supporting membership to Sasquan before the end of January.

Supporting memberships are $40. If you registered last year as part of Sad Puppies 2, you are still eligible to nominate this year.

Because I’ve been swamped with Sons of the Black Sword and a new Warmachine novel, I’ve not had a chance to prepare any new Heart Felt Plea cartoons (and I am a remarkably slow and untalented artist) so let’s recycle some old ones!

color-sp-1

So please watch this very special commercial that we prepared last year, which in no way was ripped off of Sarah McLachlan’s sad puppy video.

Last year’s Sad Puppies campaign accomplished it’s goals of raising awareness about Puppy Related Sadness, but the struggle continues…

color-sp-2

Now our SP3 spokesmanatee would like to share a few thoughts about why it is so important that you help to combat the scourge of PRS. .

wendell2 (2)

Thank you, Wendell. That was so profound I may have shed a single manly tear.

This year we will be expanding the suggested slate to include several other authors, artists, and creators who are usually locked out by the SJW voting block. The men and women of Sad Puppies want to get more fans involved, even if they’re the *wrong* kind of fans. We want people to vote based on what they loved and enjoyed, not on what sends the approved message or checks the right box.

You need to register now in order to be able to participate, but your actual nominations are not due for some time. In the comments feel free to suggest other eligible works that you think we should take a look at.

And please tell your friends. Help spread the word, because only you can stop PRS.

EDIT: For those just joining us who missed last year’s controversy, here is a recap of what happened when a bunch of barbaric outsiders got nominated:  http://monsterhunternation.com/2014/04/24/an-explanation-about-the-hugo-awards-controversy/

EDIT 2: Hello to the GamerGate readers who’re stopping by because of Nero’s plug. To clarify, normally all supporting members get a packet of ebooks consisting of all of the nominated works, so they can read them before judging. So the membership is $40, but you normally get way more than $40 worth of reading material (and if we get our way, it won’t all suck!).

My schedule at SLC FanX
I'll be on the Geek Gab podcast tonight

124 Comments on "Sad Puppies 3: The Ensaddening."

ratseal
ratseal
1 year 7 months ago

Enjoyed the youtube podcast from Daddy Warpig. Never having met you in person, I was expecting a booming baritone that I JUST knew had to accompany the 6’3″ height, tetsubo and Manatee Wrangler persona.

Your voice was quite mellow. Not Yardmoosey at all!

ratseal
ratseal
1 year 7 months ago

For anyone else that was interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1CP9IbbYUg (the podcast)

Raptor
1 year 7 months ago

Oh my god! I never saw those comics before… I can’t breathe! Laughing too hard!

Mike
Mike
1 year 7 months ago

Is the “supporting” membership all I need to get the voting packet ebooks? I want to register just because the voting packet is some awesome fiction.

salgak
1 year 7 months ago

Not ALL nominees provided ebooks. Orbit provided samples last year, as I recall. And, of course, I already HAD the Correia books (grin)

RightWingProf
RightWingProf
1 year 7 months ago

Where’s mah popcorn? This is a sequel that I’m definitely looking forward to. One question (not for Larry since he’s Mormon) – which alcoholic beverage would go best with popcorn while watching the lamentation and auto-destruction of the SJW wimmen-men? I’m usually a single malt guy, but that doesn’t pair well with popcorn.

1 year 7 months ago

For popcorn salted with the tears of Progressives? Cheap beer is the way to go. But if that’s not to your taste, tequila.

Kevin Findlety
Kevin Findlety
1 year 7 months ago

As a home brewer, I recommend a nice shanty. If you can’t find one, Blue Moon is a good choice.

John Cunningham
John Cunningham
1 year 7 months ago

Which alcoholic beverage? all of them.

Tristan P
Tristan P
1 year 7 months ago

Being a Rum guy I would recommend either Zaya, or if you can get it, Roggen’s Rum.

But if you’re interested only in the destination and not the journey, Bacardi 151 will hasten the trip like a Veyron running down an empty US-101.

ZeeWulf
ZeeWulf
1 year 7 months ago

Sad puppy beer. It’s my homebrew.

ka1spriggs

Reblogged this on Kal Spriggs and commented:
And for those of you interested in taking back fandom, here’s a message from someone way funnier than I am.

Pugmak
Pugmak

Heh.

Didn’t know you had a site. Now I can find all your books.

I’ve only read the one but you’re already in my fav authors favorites folder.

Leo Champion
1 year 7 months ago

Another of his, Fenris Unchained, coming late February from Henchman Press.

ka1spriggs
1 year 6 months ago

Glad to hear it, I hope you enjoy the others!

Kristophr
Kristophr
1 year 7 months ago

I just re-read that April 2014 post.

About that Wyoming pickup-drag incident … I talked to some folks here in Cheyenne about what really happened.

The person who did the dragging was also a homosexual, and was invovled sexually with the draggee. He was also involved in the meth trade.

The reason the guy was dragged had way more to do with his stealing tens of thousands of dollars in drugs and cash from the dragger, and nothing to do with his sexual orientation. The SJWs need to be a bit more careful about who they pick to be their martyrs.

gibreaux
gibreaux

Random

Kristophr
Kristophr
1 year 7 months ago

Not really. Larry included the link in this post, and I re-read it.

Posting my comment on it there would insure no one would ever read that comment.

junior
junior
1 year 7 months ago
The SJWs really don’t care when they pick their martyrs. They know that most people will see the narrative that has been “helpfully” provided, and not bother to dig deeper. Several years ago I read an article about another guy that the SJWs wanted as a martyr to the gay movement. This particular one was a high school student who had been killed (shot) by one of his fellow students. Of course, it wasn’t until you got a ways into the article that you found out the meaty details of the shooting. Specifically, the shootee had been sexually harassing the… Read more »
60guilders
1 year 7 months ago

Where was this article, may I ask?

junior
junior
1 year 7 months ago
Unfortunately, I don’t remember where I read the article. I couldn’t even remember the name of the kids involved. But doing a quick search got me that information. The dead kid was Lawrence (Larry) King, and the shooter was Brandon McInerney. The shooting happened on Feb. 12, 2008, at E. O. Green Junior High in Oxnard, California. The article I read way back when didn’t mention the results of the trial. My search just now revealed that the jury couldn’t decide between Voluntary Manslaughter and Murder, but they did decide he wasn’t guilty of a hate crime.
60guilders
1 year 7 months ago

Are you referring to the Matthew Shepard incident?

Tristan P
Tristan P
1 year 7 months ago

Reason doesn’t apply to SJWs. They will twist anything to meet their agenda. There’s a whole reddit devoted to their shenanigans: http://www.reddit.com/r/tumblrinaction .

The latest “game” they are doing is this: take any SJW posting, and replace the race/sex/whatever in the post with jew and see how close it gets to Mein Kamph. It;s frightening how close the SJW posts sound like Stormfront posters when that’s done. Racism is a problem, just not in the traditional way the media, Al Sharpton, and his ilk are peddling today.

1 year 6 months ago
Intersectionalism is a supremacist racist cult. SJWs have adopted intersectionalism as their ideology based on a false premise it is for equality and diversity. What does “white privilege” have to do with equality? What does “rape culture” have to do with diversity? In principle, well over 80% of last year’s Hugo nominees supported a Stormfrontish viewpoint of humanity. That was perhaps the single biggest disgrace in the 100 year history of fandom in SFF, keeping in mind they had huge flamewars in the letters sections of the old Munsey magazines that far predate Weird Tales and Amazing Stories. The goal… Read more »
Mary
Mary
1 year 6 months ago

They do not care. I have seen with my own eyes a comment saying that the difference between the last rape hysteria victimizing innocent men and the Scottsboro Boys is that the boys grew up in a racially oppressive culture.

jamethiel1
1 year 7 months ago
I am glad to see you post this, My husband and I actually signed up this year just to vote for some of our favorite authors as we believe that they deserve the chance to be nominated. You mentioned that folks can add names to recommend, I’d love to see the following in consideration: Skin Game by Jim Butcher by Roc Publisher To Sail a Darkling Sea by John Ringo by Baen The Sea of Time by P.C. Hodgell by Baen Murder of Crows by Anne Bishop by Roc Novellas- Owner’s Share by Nathan Lowell Cassie by Chris Philbrook- Creatspace… Read more »
Shadowdancer Duskstar / Cutelildrow
+1 for Jim Butcher and Anne Bishop. Also would like to see Monster Hunter: Nemesis on the ballot. I had LOTS of fun with those books! I wanted to sign up this year to vote but I got out of the hospital only a couple of days ago and blew my extra cash on pain meds. (Cesarean. Ow, ow ow ow.) I’m told by TL Knighton that I’m eligible this year because I put out my first solo work, a little novella called Sparrowind but.. *shy shrug*. I may as well ask ahead of time though: Would Matthew Reilly’s The… Read more »
hlvogel
hlvogel
1 year 7 months ago

SD, in a world where “If You Were a Dinosaur, My Love” wins the Hugo, I’d say just about anything you want to call science fiction counts as science fiction.

Trust your gut, even if it does hurt right now. (My sympathies on the Cesarean and I hope you heal quickly.)

Shawna
Shawna
1 year 7 months ago

Skin Game was an amazing, amazing book and should definitely at least get on the ballot.

Are self-pubs eligible? They are, right? (I’m wondering because you mentioned yours, not because I have one of my own. Not yet, anyway.)

Wes S.
Wes S.
1 year 7 months ago

Reilly’s “Ice Station” was awesome and gloriously over-the-top. Surprised somebody hasn’t optioned that one for Hollywood yet…

Shadowdancer Duskstar / Cutelildrow

I had great fun with his Great Zoo of China, his latest offering.

Shadowdancer Duskstar / Cutelildrow

Supposedly someone picked up Contest and Reilly is looking at moving to the US – I hope that it does well, honestly, because Reilly writes really fun, and entertaining stories where I really don’t mind defenestrating Reality for Rule of Cool/Fun. I rank him right up there with Jim Butcher, Larry Correia, the later Clancy novels for the ‘oh, he has new book out, must get now!’ *scrounge around for money* list.

Anne Bishop is entertaining but in a different way; more emotional than ‘things blow up’ way.

Bruce
Bruce
1 year 6 months ago

Congrats on the wee one! Hope you recover quickly.

Somehow I missed the announcement about your novella. Now that that has been fixed, I’ll read it this weekend.

Shadowdancer Duskstar / Cutelildrow

Thank you very much! I hope you enjoy Sparrowind.

And I’ve been blogging about my little bundle of feisty and cute <a href="https://www.affsdiary.com/shadow/2015/01/26/hello-world/"starting here. (and there are posts from then on.)

Murphy’s Law very much likes me, but seems to be sparing him. Which I am grateful for ^^

Bruce
Bruce
1 year 6 months ago

First, Brandon is adorable! Second, Sparrowind…I’m going to buy a second copy to send my nephew as soon as I can find his mom’s e-mail address. That is a great story, and I can see a world of opportunities for you to expand upon it.

Shadowdancer Duskstar / Cutelildrow

Thank you! Brandon is quite the cutie, and happily tolerates his mum going squee over him. ^^ He doesn’t look tiny in the photos, but he is

I’m very happy to hear that you enjoyed Sparrowind, and that you’re getting a copy for your nephew. That is for me, what I hope to achieve as a writer: hearing that people like what I wrote! *grin* Please leave a review! They help ^o^

Blaine
Blaine
1 year 6 months ago
I’d put in Skin Game as audiobook. Because Marsters’s “PARKOUR!!!” was awesome. I started laughing out loud on the bus and people were looking at me weirdly… I just pointed to my headphones and continue laughing more sedatly. I loved Skin Game. Marters does such a superb job. I didn’t like To Sail a Darkiling Sea too much, it was okay, but I think it was just to kill the time. It was money well spent, but nothing I’d re-read in the future (and I’ve ust reread first three books of Legacy of Aldenata…) Thanks for pointing out The Sea… Read more »
Shawna
Shawna
1 year 6 months ago

Oh yeah, I listen to Dresden on audio. Marsters is easily one of the best audiobook readers I’ve heard yet. (Although he needs to learn how to pronounce “chasm”.) (That’s a reference to his narration of the Vampire Empire trilogy, which is also a great series.) I buy them in hardback too, though, and with Skin Game I had to go back through it afterward looking for the little codes that were in that one.

Xenophon
Xenophon
1 year 7 months ago

Now registered, and looking forward to voting. Heh.

Jordan S. Bassior
1 year 7 months ago

You’re so damn funny you should write books and get paid for … wait! You’ve anticipated my thought! 😀

Brian Niemeier
1 year 7 months ago

I questioned the wisdom of continuing Sad Puppies this year. Then I got published. Like a newbie investor who suddenly develops an opinion on the capital gains tax, I’ve come around to the importance of this campaign.

For your consideration:

Best Novel – THE JUDGE OF AGES by John C. Wright

Best Short Story – DOMO by Joshua Young

Best Editor (Long Form) – Toni Weisskopf

Best Editor (Short Form) – Jason Rennie

Best Related Work – SCI PHI JOURNAL

Best Dramatic Presentation (Long Form) – INTERSTELLAR by Christopher Nolan

dyingearth
dyingearth
1 year 7 months ago

I love Judge of Ages. I’m not sure if the format of it hurts its chance. It and the previous novel the The Hermetic Millennia are really one book cut into two.

Brian Niemeier
1 year 7 months ago
The rules allow nominating individual installments of a series, as well as the series as a whole when the last part is released. On the other hand, the format is less of an impediment than the author’s valiant refusal to bend the knee to Worldcon Morlocks. Which is really the whole point of Sad Puppies, and why John C. Wright’s books make perfect nominees. No one with eyes in his head and a heart in his chest can deny John’s superlative craftsmanship. If he’s nominated and loses, it will forever discredit the Morlocks’ already ridiculous objection that SP nominees only… Read more »
Joel Salomon
1 year 6 months ago

Correction: If any part of a series is nominated, then the series as a whole is not eligible afterwards.

Wes S.
Wes S.
1 year 7 months ago

I’ve laid in extra popcorn and whiskey. This is gonna be fun.

John Cunningham
John Cunningham
1 year 7 months ago

I just signed up as a supporting member, it was quick and easy,.

[…] LARRY CORREIA HAS A SCHEME, and you’re invited. […]

1 year 7 months ago
We need more SF stories which marginalize the heterosexual normative patriarchy. We need more imaginative stories without the industrial bases which manufactures feminist clothes, keeps their teeth from falling out of their heads by age 25, mines salt without which they’d all die using great machines beneath our feet, makes the bonded polymers and fractal geometry in their smart phones, creates terrible weapons which bomb people who bomb us, created HTML, and everything else under the sun. A genre of stories about toothless gender-fluid diseased people with short life spans would lead to a golden age of fiction written on… Read more »
1 year 7 months ago

Until the marsupials were declared endangered.

1 year 7 months ago

I’m pretty sure feminists would go extinct before that. They’ve certainly moved SF to a pre-Mary Shelley era.

richard mcenroe (@richard_mcenroe)

Ah, you’ve been to San Francisco…

John Lynch
John Lynch
1 year 7 months ago

Done. What happens next? Info pack from Sasquan? email deluge? nominating forms? e-books? or return here for further helpful tips?

1 year 7 months ago
Setting aside the fact that “white privilege” is a racial demonization theory meant to in essence make all whites party to racism, let me tell you how that works out in reality, even if you’re stupid enough to buy into such garbage. The theory is that whites know whites and give them a pass because whiteness and goodness. In reality when I’m in Brazil or Egypt people commonly ask me for directions. Keep the latter in mind because of all the charges of racism because of the Euro cast of Ridley Scott’s Exodus. Social Justice Warriors assume all of the… Read more »
motion view (@motionview)
1 year 7 months ago

I purchased “Stories & Visions for a Better Future” against my own better judgement (Cory Doctorow) on the recommendation of Instapundit. Gaaaaahhh. Other than Neal Stephenson, the SJW idea of a brighter future requires 9 foot of rope in a 10 foot high room.

One example – Madeline Ashby’s story covers the “dream” of a Mexican couple trying to immigrate to the US via a a corporate security state apparatus being thwarted by having to smuggle in abortifactants. What a glorious future!

1 year 7 months ago
Ashby’s a stiff. She was on an all-white panel on multiculturalism and they all apologized to the audience, “many of whom were people of color.” Those are the same feminists whining on Twitter every day about why men can’t put more women in epic fantasy if they can put in dragons and concluding maybe men don’t hate dragons. They’re on a trip without the LSD. The Wheel of Time is the most famous epic fantasy of its generation and one of the most famous of all time and you couldn’t possibly stuff more women in it. You have to be… Read more »
trackback

[…] to give you a GIF post, but I’m still too tired.  Maybe tomorrow.  However, cry no more, because the inimitable Larry Correia has done a GIF post. […]

Tom Mays
1 year 7 months ago

Reblogged this on The Improbable Author.

salgak

Instalanche incoming !!!

trackback

[…] would say, GOOD.) Sultan Knish: The Hollywood Jihad Against American Sniper Monster Hunter Nation: Sad Puppies 3 – The Ensaddening RIPPED FROM THE HEADLINES American Power: Double Blow To Germany’s Leadership American […]

Wyldkat
Wyldkat
1 year 7 months ago

This may be a stupid question, but are those digital copies readable on a desk-top? I don’t have an e-reader. I’d like to join, but if I can’t read the nominations then I can’t make an informed opinion.

VD
VD
1 year 7 months ago

Yes, the nominated works are generally provided in multiple formats, including PDF, EPUB, and MOBI. You can use Calibre, which is a free download, to read all of them.

Wyldkat
Wyldkat

Thanks.

One of these days I’ll break down and buy an e-reader, it is just that there is so many things (like good books) that I want first. 😉

1 year 6 months ago

Calibre will turn any format into any other format so you can use whatever file is most easily opened on your device. For example Mac people usually turn mobi, lit or epub into PDF, txt or rtf.

RightWingProf
RightWingProf
1 year 6 months ago

Get Calibre (free desktop software). It can also convert easily between formats (I read epub, my wife reads Kindle).

artraccoon
1 year 7 months ago

Hmmm…”Sexy Libertarian Space Pirates Attack”…I’ve got to do the anime style illustration treatment of that!!

jabrwok
1 year 7 months ago

I don’t know if they’re libertarians, but the sexy space pirate is already out there: http://preview.tinyurl.com/muzujon

Junior
1 year 6 months ago

And don’t forget SPANC – Space Pirate Amazon Ninja Catgirls – a card game published by Steve Jackson Games.

Anthony
Anthony
1 year 7 months ago

Will there be Retro-Hugos this year?

Shawna
Shawna
1 year 7 months ago

I went ahead and signed up. As much as I do want to join in the sad puppies thing, it was the idea that they provide copies of nominated works that convinced me. I like that we aren’t expected to go out and get our own copies of everything. Having copies provided will make it much more likely for me to read everything and therefore vote more fairly.

Rod
Rod
1 year 7 months ago

The Sasquan website looks like it was put together by 3 4 year olds during nap time. What a crappy way to present something. I’ll be waiting for the list to see who are Sad Puppies.

Guess
Guess
1 year 7 months ago
Nominate bay12games.com for best related site. This is the site for Dwarf Fortress. It has been in development for 10 years. You can make the argument that it is related because the game generates stories and it inspires people to write stories about their adventures. This is the best year to nominate it because Worldcon is in the developers home state. The game is 100% free. He is also the developer of Liberal Crime Squad. Basically its a comical simulation of the Symbionese Liberation Army. It is not mean spirited at all, Tarn Adams stopped working on this several years… Read more »
Alan S.
Alan S.
1 year 6 months ago

Dwarf Fortress is epic. There are entire story arcs involving magma-in-trade-depot, babes-in-arms, treehuggers, beer-based demolitions, and kitten biscuits to outrage pretty much anyone motivated by outrage.

Yes, the stories are often “just” fairly accurate recounting of what’s happened in a fairly simulationist environment (with a few… interesting bugs). But there would be a very large screech about how the random-number generator is clearly racist and sexist.

The Phantom
1 year 7 months ago

Sent my 40 bucks in, except its $51 CDN because thieving BASTAAAAARDS but never mind. It’ll be worth it just from watching all the SJW’s lose their shit. Because as amusing as it was last year, THIS year I’ve got skin in the game so THIS year it’ll be -me- they’re calling a Nazi.

I looooove it when the SJW’s call me a Nazi. Makes me feel like I’m doing exactly the right thing.

Also must concur with Rod, that Sasquan web site was constructed by goofs. And its -ugly- as well.

Lune
Lune
1 year 6 months ago
As a transwoman, and a lesbian. This might piss off the SJWs, and raise some ire from some of your fans who like to troll as well. You’re one of my favorite authors! Your fight scenes are epic. I hope to write action like you one day. You’re also spot on, on many of your rants. Not all but most. Too many SJWs try and tell others what they can and can’t write because they are upset their message fiction doesn’t sell. I don’t want message fiction, life is too freaking complicated for that in my reading. I get enough… Read more »
Pugmak
Pugmak

@Lune:

I’m mostly right-wing and a certified troll.

I read your comment expecting to find ire raising stuffs so’s I could get my rage on. I can’t seem to find it.

Please tell me where it is because my rage gland is all blue-ballsy now.

Kevin Findley
Kevin Findley
1 year 6 months ago

Blue-Balled Rage Gland? Sounds like a permanent condition for many SJWs.

Bruce
Bruce

OUCH! That’s gotta hurt! 🙂

richard mcenroe (@richard_mcenroe)

I saw Blue Balled Rage Gland open for GG Allen and the Murder Junkies at the Whiskey…

Lune
Lune
1 year 6 months ago
Pugmak, Glad there wasn’t anything rage inducing in my post. It’s annoying when people who typically align with me on most things than hate me for who I am. I typically get over it though, as long as they are civil and offer a good debate. After all not everyone can like me. It’s a shame that people I could get along with, go shooting with, fishing, or gaming don’t like me for one small aspect. It can’t be helped though. People like who they like, and dislike who they dislike. As long as people aren’t voting for things that… Read more »
trackback

[…] going to bring Sad Puppies 3 to your attention one last time (note that we will be talking about Hugo nominations later, but […]

jamethiel1
1 year 6 months ago

Once we had our membership, we didn’t get the Pin for voting. There is a link on the website that is a little hard to find that will email you your voting member ID and pin once you are a member. It worked for us.

AS of January 22, 2015 they had 4199 members, 3485 in the US and a total of 1238 Supporting (voting only) members. I am looking forward to seeing if that number goes up a bunch when they update again.

Nathan
Nathan
1 year 6 months ago

Sasquan is doing some things right with the Hugo administration. The page to request your PIN and ID number is pretty useful, and the site emails you your current ballet whenever you make changes to it. Very convenient.

Patrick
Patrick

Supporting membership bought!

BikerDad
1 year 6 months ago

Larry, so it sounds like the abundance of gun nuttery in MHI was gunnie fanservice. Well played sir, well played. Give ’em what they want and leave ’em wanting more.

With that in mind, please, never, ever, write anything targeted to the fuzzy community. (and I ain’t talking H. Beam Piper here!)

ever.

1 year 6 months ago
I recommend Coming Home by Jack McDevitt. Aside from being McDevitt’s usual fine work, its novel treatment of race and sex as being of no account whatsoever is certain to enrage the reactionary conservative SF core of Yankee racist feminists caught in a ’60s time-warp still fighting against Ozzie and Harriet and sanity. McDevitt’s treatment of this thing called “heteronormativity” is years ahead of its time and reportedly all the rage with the kids and Mother Nature. So if you have blue hair or have close friends and family members who frequently refer to you as an “ally” this one’s… Read more »
trackback

[…] will have to do it today, to feed the sad puppies. (Even if the cats […]

jonnybetrue
1 year 6 months ago

Just signed up. Might just attend if I can find the time. Would love to be there when Larry and Vox win.

Viva la Reformation!

alethiophile
alethiophile
1 year 6 months ago

And here I am, just having registered.

I haven’t actually read the latest, but all of Dresden Files is awesome, so second/third/nth the recommendation of that. Also, I’d like to mention The Golden Princess by S.M. Stirling; it’s the latest in his Emberverse series. Which is awesome and you should read it.

richard mcenroe (@richard_mcenroe)

Signed up. Let the enfuckwithing begin…

Jack Blount (Californian and not a part of that crowd)
Jack Blount (Californian and not a part of that crowd)
1 year 6 months ago

This lurker has signed up. Let the fuck fuck fgames begin………..

Christopher M. Chupik
Christopher M. Chupik

Damien, again:

“Damien Walter
‏@damiengwalter Sad Muppets 3 = what happens when a bunch of people who can’t write decide they want an award.”

And how’s that novel coming, Damien?

1 year 6 months ago

The answer is they start whining about privilege and shame others into making room for marginalized voices and write non-SFF essays about the lost legions of women warriors bad menz took white-out to in history books. I remember a Buck Rogers comic strip that ran for decades but not the one about gay men being rained on every time they were gay. Must’ve been neckbeard cis-hets and their white-out again.

1 year 6 months ago

It’s not a Novel, it’s a guidebook. “The Lonely Brit’s Guide to Asian Sex Tourism.” He’s still doing research, but even the Ladyboys won’t touch him.

1 year 6 months ago

What kills me about that guy is he somehow thinks he’s not a member of a thing like Stormfront. They’re all like that. The truth is that for those of us who use a dictionary and single strike zone for everyone, more outright racists and devoted sexual bigots were nominated for Hugos and Nebulas last year alone than evidence exists for the presence of such SFF authors in the entire era 1912-1975. The real search SJWs need to make is in figuring out how they became that racist and that dumb.

Christopher M. Chupik
Christopher M. Chupik

“Damien Walter
‏@damiengwalter The irony is, when I see little cliques feverishly campaigning to get award votes, I tend to assume the work must be crap if it needs that.”

1 year 6 months ago

The even bigger irony is that the current tiny segment of SF fandom that gives itself Hugos for writing leftist tripe is exactly such a clique. Damien just doesn’t realize it because he’s a member.

Christopher M. Chupik
Christopher M. Chupik
1 year 6 months ago

I wonder if he’s this upset by Scalzi’s self-promotion? I’m willing to wager . . . no.

Lune
Lune
1 year 6 months ago

Damien: The final draft is in the post I promise. I had to send it CoD, routed through the future/past but I promise it’s on the way.

1 year 6 months ago

If I may be a little shameless, I have a nasty little novelette that came out January last year… I don’t really think it’s worthy of an Honest Hugo, but if it helps make an SJW’s head explode….

Brian Niemeier
1 year 6 months ago

Brad Torgersen has posted the suggested slate of Sad Puppies nominees.

samwisegilgee
1 year 6 months ago

If there’s anything out there eligible by Jonathan Maberry I would recommend it. I am currently going through the Joe Ledger series and loving it, but I don’t know what his most recent work is or if it would be eligible.

trackback

[…] Larry Correia doubtless will have something to say later, having written a few days ago encouraging his readers to join the Worldcon so they’d be eligible to vote the […]

trackback

[…] ode to Larry Correia and Sad Puppies… It’s that time of year again. THE PUPPIES MUST BE UNSADDENED! Re: The […]

trackback

[…] there are two major factions. The newcomers on the scene are the Sad Puppies, first organized by Larry Correia, with something of his history and reasons for proposing a slate of works to be considered,  here, […]

[…] “Sad Puppies 3: The Ensaddening” – January 26 […]

trackback

[…] The self appointed elites of the Sci fi world are hor­ri­fied that despite their efforts the greater mass of fan­dom that was always able, but never both­ered to vote for the Hugo awards might actu­ally vote for peo­ple who they do not approve of. […]

trackback

[…] Puppies, hush. Sad Puppies, don’t you cry. Sad Puppies, we’ll tell you a story, and there will be heroes to cheer for, and damsels who […]

trackback

[…] Correia, Larry (2015, January 26) Sad Puppies 3 the ensaddening. [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://monsterhunternation.com/2015/01/26/sad-puppies-3-the-ensaddening/ […]

trackback

[…] as Wendell T. Manatee: CFO of CorreiaTech. Crusaders against Puppy Related Sadness know him as the spokesmanatee for Sad Puppies. But this aquatic American largely remains an enigma to his legions of adoring fans and whiny […]