Leland Yee, Super Villain

Senator Leland Yee (D California)

Senator Leland Yee (D California)

I’ve got to hand it to Democrat state senator, Leland Yee. Most political scandals are the typical drug use, hookers, or bribery stuff. This guy reaches for the stars.  He isn’t messing around. There is no half assed corruption here. If Yee had a machine that could control the weather he’d be a Batman villain.

The part that makes this all so awesome and hilarious is that the only reason people like me know who Yee is, is because he’s the primary asshole behind disarming law abiding Californians. Yes. He is the anti-gun poster child. He has an A+ from the Brady Center morons. (Hmmm… Now that he’s been caught smuggling rocket launchers to Muslim rebels, but he’s still a democrat, they might downgrade him to a B).

So, regular Californians can’t own an AR-15, but Chinese drug lords, no problemo. Law abiding citizen protected by the 2nd Amendment, go to hell. Murderous scumbag criminals, good to hook. This plan seems to work for Eric Holder too.

The other part that makes this funny as hell is that he is also the anti violent video game guy… Yee is the crusading liberal who has been out there trying to get violent video games banned. Because won’t somebody think of the children!

Let that sink in for a delicious moment.

Grand Theft Auto? Hell, he doesn’t need to play it. Leland Yee LIVES Grand Theft Auto. If only he hadn’t been exposed to Call of Duty, then he wouldn’t have been so tempted to smuggle machineguns to MILF. And yes. The rebels were actually called MILF (Moro Islamic Liberation Front) So when you hear that a Green Beret bagged a MILF, it really could go either way.

Of coure you probably haven’t seen too much of this on the regular news, because Yee is a democrat, and thus his scandal is totally not newsworthy. I saw a thing where Yee’s bust had gotten a grand total of like 30 seconds of coverage on CNN, in between long reports of how Chris Christe may possibly have blocked traffic.

Think about that. Sure, I know that CNN is basically the marketing department of the DNC, but this story has everything. It is implausible. It is ridiculous. It is Breaking Bad only more absurd. His Chinese mafia contact was named Shrimp Boy Chow! How the hell can you not report on a respected elected official making millions of dollars from rebels MILFs and a mob boss actually named SHRIMP BOY CHOW!

Nope. You’re gonna get long reports about boring ass Chris Christie and his being a jerk. I’m not a Christie fan, at all. He’s a republican electable in New Jersey, enough said. But oh no! He might have shut down a bridge out of spite! That’s worth hundreds and hundreds of hours of coverage…

But, but SHRIMP BOY!

Yee is like the tenth democrat busted recently for corruption, only he is so much more awesome at it than those losers. Mayor with hookers and blow? BORING. Yee smokes those chumps. He is a rock star. And before the moral equivelency police show up to bark at me about how the parties are exactly the same… Holy moly, you must suck at statistical analysis. But democrats being corrupt shouldn’t come as a surprise, since for the last five years their highest echelon has been allowed to totally get away with insane scandals like Fast & Furious, or using the IRS to punish political enemies. When that kind of behavior is excused, why wouldn’t it trickle down? The fish rots from the head. And with the supposed watch dogs of the media not doing their job, what’s a little gun smuggling between friends?

I’ve already seen some democrats trying to explain away Yee, like he was no big deal. He was just some minor little dude… He’s only a state senator after all… (and I believe the 3rd or 4th California democrat state legislator to get arrested recently). Except for the part where he was a state super star, and he was running for Secretary of State. And when Harry Potter finally finds and destroys Nancy Pelosi’s last Horcrux, then Yee was going to take her spot. (I’m actually not sure if California even still has elections or if their godking just appoints the democrat of his choice to oversee the peasants in their various fiefs).

Leland Yee should be all over the news, but since he’s a democrat it will be the duty of us crusading journalist type bloggers to spread the truth. These are the facts I have so far:

– Leland Yee originally came to the FBI’s attention after selling guns to a motorcycle gang known as the Sons of Anarchy. Ron Perlman was unavailable for comment.

– FBI investigated and discovered that an RV registered to one Wynn Duffy was parked in Leland Yee’s driveway. It is believed that Leland Yee was the triggerman who recently shot Chief Deputy Art Mullen.

– Leland Yee is part owner of a chain of fast food chicken restaurants named Los Pollos Hermanos.

– Leland Yee must sacrifice a girl with green eyes so that he may be made flesh again.

– Leland Yee would have got away with it too, if it hadn’t been for you meddling kids.

EDIT: BREAKING NEWS! It was just confirmed that to replace Leland Yee, California is appointing respected educator and heroic cancer survivor Walter White to take Yee’s seat.

Today is the Deadline for SAD PUPPIES!
The Drowning Empire, Episode 50: Shogun Wedding

302 Comments on "Leland Yee, Super Villain"

David Kantrowitz

Chinese girls do not come with green eyes.

Patrick Mathews

Shane

That takes me back…

jimmythetulip
jimmythetulip

Beautiful.

robertpinkerton

As a general rule, you are correct that they don’t. However, as film-makers are not bound by reality, Big Trouble In Little China made the intended victim a green-eyed girl.

David Kantrowitz

I was quoting directly from the brothel madam.

😛

Chuckles
Chuckles

Then you aren’t doing it right.

pavepusher

Green “eyes”? Or… “Green-eyed monster”?

michaelzwilliamson

I’m glad you covered it. I wasn’t going to touch it with a pair of Tongs.

Though I understand when he met with the FBI, he thought he was interviewing for Eric Holder’s job.

Or maybe he thought he was creating a single payer gun industry.

And remember: Guns for Yee, but not for thee.

SirBrass

You had me at “pair of Tongs.” If this keeps up, this will trump the great Cookie Monster thread.

michaelzwilliamson

On the bright side, this Yee case seems to indicate there are federal agencies that can investigate and enforce federal arms laws without the ATF’s expertise or shooting someone’s dog.

Tarl
Tarl

Yeah but if anyone deserved a pre-dawn no-knock raid from the Stosstrupp Eric Holder, it was Yee. He was a gun runner in league with terrorists, for God’s sake!

SirBrass

The whole “Army Rangers bag MILFs” sounds like a duffleblog headline.

salgak

And just LOOK at the sentences on the menu. . . with TWO guns, you get Hard Time. . .

pavepusher

….and maybe even Long time…..

pavepusher

…baby….

mekadave5

“Pair of Tongs”! Mike, you owe me for Mountain Dew-spray-related monitor damage! LOL!

Kristophr

I have a WoW character named Rheeloi Jenkins … he doesn’t hold a candle to Yee.

CombatMissionary
CombatMissionary

If I was a girl, I would have just peed a little.
Was that gendernormative of me?

Stbeeman
Stbeeman

Pair of Tongs…now I can’t breathe! 😀

David Lawson

It shouldn’t be surprising that a gun smuggler would be a gun prohibitionist. It’s not like he can make money smuggling a legal product.

Geoff Whisler

Moonbat theory here. All the D FBI busts recently to get them out of they way while they save Rs for just before the next election.

LittleRed1
LittleRed1

I was wondering if the CA Ds are cleaning house (and senate) because of an internal political power battle. And Yee and co came out on the losing end. *shrug* I stick at conspiracy games.

junior
junior
It’s possible that this is political payback, actually. The Dems in California’s government thought that they finally had the votes to do away with Prop 209 (the one that officially abolished affirmative action in many state facilities; unofficially…). But at the last minute, the Asian-Americans realized that officially allowing race quotas back in would be a very bad thing (since they’re the one racial minority that quotas always discriminate against). So the Asian-American block of Dem legislators reversed their votes at the last moment. And pretty much immediately after, Yee’s wrong-doing was made public. Maybe it’s a coincidence. That’s an… Read more »
DjWeideman (@DjWeideman)

Not crazy at all. Starting in Aug-Sept. time frame, let’s see how many GOP scandals are broken by DOJ.

Kind of sad that we are now just accepting the idea that pols will be caught with their hands in the till.

Expendable Henchman

It’s a power struggle:

Tom

“He got busted in an FBI sting, taking millions of dollars in bribes, to smuggle RPGs and machineguns through brutal Chinese tong gangs, through the Ukraine, to rebel insurgents in the Phillipines. No. I’m not making any of that up.”

Please tell me I’m not the only one hoping this guy makes an appearance in an upcoming Dead Six book?

SirBrass

He might. Or am I the only one who thinks that Salah Jihan is Lo Pan…

Larry’s going to do it somehow. Yee fits in way too well with Majestic.

Tom

I can’t say that I didn’t see Salah Jihan as Lo Pan.

And now I’m flogging myself for the mistake.

Stg58/Animal Mother
Stg58/Animal Mother

He is obviously a gangster who got into politics to cover his crimes. It’s the perfect cover. Who would suspect an anti gun politician of Leland Yee’s stature to be a gun smuggler?

I think it is brilliant.

Thomas Monaghan
Thomas Monaghan
The interesting thing is that it’s going to be a long while before he gets acted upon by the California Senate. It seems if they lose one Democrat Senator they will lose their 2/3rds majority and the way the budget works in CA. they’ll have to get a Republican to support those bills. Take Senator Wright. Earlier this year, Wright was found guilty of eight counts of voter fraud and perjury related to charges that he lied about his residence when he ran for office in 2008. Republican legislators have pushed to expel Wright from the Senate, but he is… Read more »
expendablehenchman
expendablehenchman

He’s from SF, so I doubt the D’s would lose the seat.

Expendable Henchman
Expendable Henchman

Larry, I, Expendable Henchman, am in the midst of moving email addresses, so this is a separate account, but it’s still me. The guy who toted the book with machined covers the other day. Thanks.

Mike in Seattle

We MUST obsessively report on Christie! He’s a Threat! He’s dangerous! He’s clearly twice the man Obama is!
(“By volume.”
*chortles*
“Good one!”)

This other guy is obviously just a patriot Ollie North-ing some Freedom Fighters in some place far away with funny names.

DID WE MENTION CHRISTIE BLOCKED TRAFFIC BECAUSE HE’S A BIG MEANIEFACE??!!!?!
(“See? Pointing out the big there again.”
“Is the meme trending yet?”
“Do more hashtags.”
“Gotcha boss!”)

Joe in PNG
Joe in PNG

And if that fails…”Lost Airplane!” “Lost Airplane!!” “LOST FREAKING AIRPLANE!!!!”

SirBrass

Which is funny b/c it’s not even remotely connected to us (or US, whichever way you want to think about it 😛 ), yet we’ve got to cover it incessently. Granted, I’m darned curious to know what happened (and the sooner they find the data and voice recorders at the bottom of the Indian Ocean, the sonner the conspiracy theories can die the death of being exposed to the light), but it’s hardly our business and can take a major back seat to local issues such as this one.

M. Kupari
M. Kupari

I hope this is fat-free irony, because it is DELICIOUS. NOM NOM NOM.

BobtheRegisterredFool
BobtheRegisterredFool

I’m not sure if the comment about Lee personally being a murderer is serious or not.

On the one hand, Democrats will be Democrats.

On the other, it doesn’t quite fit the pattern I’d expect.

On the gripping hand, I’ve missed enough sleep that I’m not at my best.

SirBrass

Murder for hire certainly does fit the pattern of the corruptocrats in the DNC. Just look at their track record over their history. LOOOONG history of being associated and supporting those people who take pleasure in or professional eliminate people for a living.

I have to say I was surprise by this thing with Yee, but not really. Shocked that they actually arrested him on the substantial charges, not surprised that a democrat anti-gunner from CA was running guns. Not surprised one bit. I am loving the irony, however.

Shift_Master
Shift_Master

“On the gripping hand”, I love that reference!

kylagwolf

Sad thing is even here is Cali we are hardly hearing jack all about this case. And of course he wanted guns band from the law abiding citizens easier to have you gang buddies to do business.

liz
liz

Locally, as a Bay Area resident I’m really surprised that this isn’t bigger news. Living 40 miles from San Francisco its the headlines on every newspaper and the top story in the news. Reporters have been making themselves a nuisances at every residence he owns. “Shrimp Boy” is on the lips of every reporter they are loving this story. Its actually pretty disappointing how this story isn’t getting the national attention it deserves. The public locally is ready to stone the man.

WoodyTX
WoodyTX

“Everybody must get stoned!” – Bob Dylan

av willis
av willis

The second funniest coverage I’ve seen on this story, and even that’s because your version didn’t have danny trejo in it

thewriterinblack

I have to disagree, Larry. He lacks only a fancy name to make him a Batman villain. A weather control device would make him a Superman villain.

Andrew
Andrew

He makes a decent low level Spider Man villain, aside from location.

Andrew
Andrew

Maybe a good Cap villain.

jabrwok

Seems like he might be in league with the Mandarin…

DevlinMcKeon
DevlinMcKeon

Wasn’t Tombstone a gunrunner originally?

mekadave5

I can see the Punisher going after him. Hey Chuck Dixon, we need your expertise!

the Northwestern Diamondback
the Northwestern Diamondback

No, really, call Tony Stark. Doesn’t he live in Malibu? LOL

Maeve

Someone needs to make a reality show out of this.

Michael Brock

Real Politicians of California

Maeve

Exactly! I don’t watch the reality cat-fights, but I could make an exception for this.

COPS: Political Edition

“Bad boys, bad girls, who ya gonna sue, who ya gonna sue after we’ve got the cuffs on you?”

Maeve

I’m just waiting for Law & Order version…

Shrimp
Shrimp
11 months 22 days ago

Yeah, but in the Law and Odor version, it’ll be a R behind his name, and he’ll be trafficking guns to White Supremacist Neo-Nazi Militia members in Idaho. Or something.

ThomasW
ThomasW

This report gives another reason to be glad President Obama was reelected. With a Republican president this would be labeled a right wing political attack, now the left is reduced to arguing against electing crooks to office.

Andrew
Andrew

Now taking odds on his reelection.

The Childlike Author

DANG IT! I thought Breaking Bad was fictional, not a documentary! But Walter White is taking Yee’s seat. Now I have to readjust my entire worldview.

At least, it would be easier than swallowing some of the stuff the media tries to feed us.

Eccentric Cowboy

I find this hilarious, as just last week I predicted this crap would happen. Hooray for shameless self promotion! http://eccentriccowboy.blogspot.com/2014/03/gun-control-why-it-is-unofficially-dead.html

But WOW this takes the cake. I thought Philipino bush gunsmiths and Mafioso-esque smuggling were worthy of pause for thought. But now it’s like the democrats are actively trying to prove us right. I don’t even have to come up with well constructed arguments anymore with this kind of crap going on. All I have to do is point to these dudes and say “Told ya so.”

Ygolonac
Ygolonac

Videogame nerds should immediately assume that this is all the Alternate Reality Game run-up for a sequel to the awesomely violent 2012 release, Sleeping Dogs.

“LELAND YEE, M**********R!” (leaps onto a BART train in slo-mo while shooting an MP5k)

CombatMissionary
CombatMissionary

Will Samuel L. “M***********G” Jackson be doing the voice acting for that game?

baloocartoons
baloocartoons

You write funny, and I really appreciate that sort of thing. You’re linked here:

trackback

[…] (Read the rest HERE. It continues to be a scream.) ——– Quibcag: I don’t know who the girl is, but I found her HERE. […]

M. Kupari
M. Kupari
Joe in PNG
Joe in PNG

Meanwhile, at Minitru, the Party members are busy filing stories about Mr. Yee- right down the old Memory Hole.

Fred
Fred

I actually read the article on Yahoo the other day. The article talked about Mr. Yee and then some Republican Governor from NJ and it wasn’t until I got to the end of the article did they even mention he was a democrat. I still say vote all incumbents out regardless of party. That’s been my voting policy for 25 years.

Wes S.
Wes S.

I suspect that the only reason the feds busted Yee is because his efforts were taking gunrunning business away from the ATF, and they wanted to eliminate the competition.

Draven
So um… short version of the plot (I read the entire affidavit so you won’t have to) FBI Is investigating a Tong. Donation packager from Yee gets the Tong’s front recognized by a CA Senate proclamation in exchange for campaign donations. FBI is still investigating Tong. Guys with connections to the Tong sell guns and body armor to the FBI (including body armor stolen from the FBI.) FBI guy wants more guns. Yee offers to set up a deal with a Russian arms dealer. (again in exchange for campaign donations) Deal never happens. Yee instead offers to set up a… Read more »
Expendable Henchman

Late breaking news: Philippine Gov’t must have just found out that the MILF has US Democrat backing, because they just signed a peace agreement.

So apparently Yee isn’t really that unqualified as a secretary of state.

Kristophr
Kristophr

Obama will always support the war against US hegemony.

thewriterinblack

Obama will always support the war against US hegemony.

In other words, he will always “adhere to their [The United States] enemies, giving them aid and comfort.”

I agree. Where we may disagree (depending on whether you were serious or sarcastic) is in the implications of that.

C.S.Gilmore
C.S.Gilmore

I am almost unsure if this is real or not just because of the craziness of it, or maybe its just the fun way Larry presents it.

Anyway, it’s not all that surprising really. Thanks for sharing something awesome about stupid government officials.
Note if there are any smart government officials reading this than I wish you the best of luck dealing with the stupid ones. 🙂

junior
junior

California State Senate Leader Darrell Steinberg explains that gun-running wasn’t covered during ethics training (contains video) –

Draven

Apparently, they have to explicitly cover what is legal and illegal for members of the CA Assembly, because they, apparently, assume that normal laws don’t apply to them once elected.

Patrick

Larry, so when you gonna get around to selling a Best of MHN posts? This is another one to make the cut!

8HeadsTall
8HeadsTall

Nancy Pelosi will not meet her end by the destruction of Horcrux. Her end will come by a bucket of water. And she will leave behind a bunch of flying monkeys we will have to deal with. Poo flinging flying monkeys at that.

terresamonroe

Great piece Larry… Submitting as my non-council submission for The Watcher’s Council this week. Here’s my take from yesterday: http://noisyroom.net/blog/2014/03/28/leland-yee-gun-runner-terrorist-enabler-progressive-communist/ Just too good to pass up. Golden. 😉

Terresa Monroe-Hamilton
NoisyRoom.net
trevorloudon.com / New Zeal
KeyWiki.org

Kevin Findley
Kevin Findley

Yee has been suspended, but is still drawing his almost $100K salary. Anyone out there hear if his accounts (at least the legitimate ones) have been frozen by the FBI yet?

warpcordova

You guys are missing the obvious here. I’m kind of surprised.

If (as all Dems would have you believe) all conservatives who are against gay marriage are secretly homosexual, then all anti-gun liberals are secretly gunrunners.

WE HAVE EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE NOW!11!1!

hygate
hygate

I happened to watch “Big Time in Little China” on netflix last night, so I found this post to be exceptionally awesome.

hygate
hygate

Also, totally OT. I selected funk radio on Pandora, and they are playing Michael Jackson tunes on occasion! Michael Jackson is not, in any fashion whatsoever, funk. Got to down thumb that.

B
B

Aaaaaand over on the East Coast, you have the Dem mayor of Charlotte getting busted last week for….well, just read it:

“Patrick Cannon, the Mayor of Charlotte, NC was arrested today and accused of accepting nearly $48,000 in bribes during a four-year-long FBI sting. A good portion of those bribes came in the form of a quote-unquote investment into one of Cannon’s business ventures: a “feminine hygiene product” called “Hers”.

x21133

Reblogged this on Enlightening, i'n't it?.

Jonathan
Jonathan

The Taiwanese have not overlooked this story, but created this funny animated clip:

mekadave5

Epic! I love those Taiwanese animation videos.

dyingearth
dyingearth

Here’s the video in English

Levi
Levi

Worth watching to the very end! Awesome.

dyingearth
dyingearth

Yes, he dropped the soap.

Daddy Warpig
I’m (re-)writing a P&P RPG setting, the auld game Torg. It’s an action-movie RPG, and as I’m writing the background, I put in the most cinematic material I can. Then the real world insists on either duping it or topping it. I wrote about widespread demonstrations and the government collapsing… in Egypt… a month before it happened IRL. This story, this exact story, is something right out of Nippon Tech (the Martial Arts Technothriller Reality). Which (in the canon) is set in China, Japan… and California. It’s colossally insane, that the real world seems obsessed with throwing up current events… Read more »
illustar
illustar
The other day I happened to catch an NPR report (it interrupts my classical station) that was apparently about this story. I wasn’t really paying attention, but the only thing I remember is that they tackled the “Shrimp Boy” bit like a human interest story. They had a sound bite from some friend of his, explaining that it was a name his aunt/grandma/whoever gave him wen he was young, because he was really small. Apparently he’s 5’5″ as an adult. Maybe it’s just me, but….. I don’t think that’s really the approach a news organization should be taking on a… Read more »
Christopher
Christopher

Mr.: Correia, I’ve been a reader of your blog for some time now & like your political essays more than your books even. 😀

Is there any chance I could get you to help endorse Greg Brannon for NC senate? He’s been endorsed by your senator Mike Lee already but I’d ask anyway as this is really important to me. He’s the first person in 8 years that I’ve been following politics that I believe in enough to campaign for.

Money is great & useful, but just an endorsement would be swell too. 🙂

Fruitbat44
Fruitbat44

Errr . . . he’s been arrested, but he hasn’t yet actually been convicted of anything. Has he?

Kristophr

We are still awaiting the hilarity of his trial, fruitbat.

thewriterinblack

Besides, why do we have to wait for a trial? When it’s a Republican the accusation alone is sufficient for condemnation.

av willis
av willis

Heck it’s gotten to the point where they don’t even need to wait for the accusation. Any time something goes wrong-the boston bombing, a shooting at a mother’s day parade in New Orleans, the navy yard shooting- the default reaction is “it must be those dastardly Tea Party yokels”.

Expendable Henchman
Expendable Henchman

Read the 138 page complaint. It’s a fairly decent thriller, at least by current SF award writing standards.

Plus, it’s based on a true story! Seriously, he’s screwed.

Kozo

Cody Hutton
Democrat, Republican, it doesn’t matter. Nine times out of ten they are rotten to the core. Even the “independents” are the lowest of the low. This country used to elect people fresh from the street who knew the struggles of the “average man” now we are pigeonholed into electing people that come from long lines of wealth, privilege, or general “easy living”. How about we start voting for people that might actually know what it feels like to work for crap pay, to work for hours on end breaking one’s back just for a meager paycheck, or that knows that… Read more »
DaveP.
DaveP.

Care to name the last time Republicans enslaved with brute force?

Cody Hutton

I would say when Rick Scott tried to enforce mandatory drug testing to welfare recipients was a brute force way of adding another ridiculous standard.

Of course it does show how one sided people can get when the only thing they take from my comment is “We all know Democrats are evil but Republicans are stalwart defenders of good!”

The simple fact of my post is each side has a majority of terrible people running the show.

thewriterinblack

The question was “enslaved” by “brute force.” Requiring drug testing as a condition of receiving government funds does not meet either criteria.

So unless you’ve got an actual example, we’ll just chalk up your post to empty rhetoric, m’kay?

Cody Hutton

I’ll contest defeat when I see it, but I have noticed a lot of people haven’t really been calling any of my outrageous rhetoric against democrats “empty”.

If anything I can chalk it up to a social experiment. The fact remains being blindly faithful to either party is not intelligent. A two party system will destroy this country and as far as I can tell for the past 14 years that is exactly what it was doing.

Bush was horrible. Obama is horrible. The shame is whoever wins in 2016 we all lose.

thewriterinblack
but I have noticed a lot of people haven’t really been calling any of my outrageous rhetoric against democrats “empty”. The democrats want to control my medical care. They want to control how and for what I spend my money. They want to deny me the right to effective self defense. They want to restrict my religious practices. They want to control who I associate with, in particular with whom I can do business. And they are working assiduously as a party to accomplish all of those. They complain publicly about things like the “Patriot Act” while actually voting for… Read more »
Cody Hutton
“The democrats want to control my medical care. They want to control how and for what I spend my money. They want to deny me the right to effective self defense. They want to restrict my religious practices. They want to control who I associate with, in particular with whom I can do business.” I will try to take this one at at time but you have to realize you put up a lot of “black and white” areas and no grey. Our medical system SHOULD exist on a single payer system. Right now we are 33rd in healthcare. Not… Read more »
Tom

Did you seriously just defend single payer? Here?

Next question. Do you also enjoying slathering yourself in chum and then swimming with the sharks?

Cody Hutton

To be honest what scares me the most is people who want our police, military, and firefighting force to all be privatized. That terrifies me to no end.

Which right now our healthcare is privatized. If I ever break a bone in my life I’m going to be spending over ten years to pay back the medical costs. If there is an accident, or I need to call the cops I really don’t want the idea of having to pay thousands for a house call to come back on me. That is what scares me.

ThomasW
ThomasW

Mr. Hutton: You say “right now our healthcare is privatized.”

Our healthcare is in no way “privatized”. Our healthcare system is so highly regulated and controlled, with so many perverse incentives, that it is in no way an example of a private system.

This is not to say that a truly private health care system is the ideal, but don’t claim today’s system is in any way a failure of private markets.

Tom
First, no one asked you about privatizing military, police, or firefighters. I sure as hell didn’t, so you’d best not even try that shit. I’m really not in the damn mood. Second. our healthcare system is, at best, barely privatized. However, as for you complaint about how long it would take you to pay off a broken bone? Cry me a fucking river. Based on what you said your take home pay is, you make about 50% more than I do right now. You can purchase insurance, but have opted not to because of the cost. Then you come on… Read more »
Tom

Oh, but insurance companies will take 100% of our paychecks or something.

Cody Hutton
Angry much? Tell me what the difference is between your anecdotal evidence and my anecdotal evidence. Your “I know a few people that says it sucks” is automatically validated over the MILLIONS of Americans who can’t afford it? Clearly they should all just get better jobs right? Do you think I cry and complain if anyone has to call the cops, or the fire department, when they are needed? I pay taxes in every year just like everyone else does. The difference between you and me, it seems, is that when it comes to health care those who can’t afford… Read more »

Looks like it’s time for the Internet Arguing Checklist:

Tom
You’re right. I’m fucking angry. Any time an ignorant fuck comes to me and compares health care, that has always been private (relatively) in this country with police which has never been private, I get pissed. Of course, I love it when some asshole who wants single payer argues that because I oppose it, I’m somehow in favor of people just dying in a ditch. Nice straw man argument there. Never heard that before. [/eye roll] As for why I’m angry, it’s because anytime a cheap bastard who simply refuses to pay for health insurance thinks other people are responsible… Read more »
Tom

Based on what he’s saying here, I’m forced to agree with you.

Cody Hutton
“If you are bringing home $1,500 a month like you claim, then no, you aren’t paying taxes like everybody else. You will be part of the half of America that pays no federal taxes.” Please sir, do tell me that if I’m half of America that pays no federal taxes whose fault is that? Believe me when I say that if over half of the people in this country not paying taxes right now had enough money to do so they would jump at the opportunity. Do you really think that is what healthcare would be if it was single… Read more »
thewriterinblack
Please sir, do tell me that if I’m half of America that pays no federal taxes whose fault is that? Yours. Your vote has been bought with tax breaks, “earned income credit” and other things that make your “fair share” zero while having other people pay more just to carry you. In 2012 Romney said in a meeting that they didn’t need to worry about the votes of 47 percent of the population because no matter what he did those people would vote the party of bread and circuses (Democrats). He was right. You were one of the ones he… Read more »
thewriterinblack

The quote from which I created my own variation (“goodies that other people pay for” is a bit more general than “largess from the public treasury”) did not actually come from de Toqueville. It was in an article where someone quoted de Toqueville but that bit was the latter author’s own words. It just got conflated.

Doesn’t matter though who said it. It remains truth.

Cody Hutton
It’s a by product of the idea that healthcare, as we have it, is a decent system. Do not even think for a moment it is. Explain to me how waiting hours on end right now, as it is, along with paying an endless amount of cash every month to a company that, chances are, won’t cover you because you had chicken pox as a child, is a good system. I have to admit I have been blessed to actually own a home on making only around 4k a month, if that. If I were to actually invest in insurance… Read more »
Tom
So, you think our current system isn’t decent, so therefore it’s so? Others have shared links illustrating that our system is pretty damn good. So, we have to wait a couple of hours at hospitals? Do you understand how that works? You see, hospitals use something called “triage”. What that means is that the people who are at the most risk get seen first. When we were dating, my wife came down with bacterial meningitis. Guess how long she waited to be seen at the ER? About three minutes. When people wait for hours, it’s because they’re not really emergencies.… Read more »
thewriterinblack
I took my wife to the hospital with chest pains (I could get her there faster than an ambulance could get to me, so driving her was a no-brainer). Pulled up at the ER door. Started assisting her into the waiting room. Cop on duty came over, and took over assistance, including getting a wheel chair for her. He told me to go park the car. Plenty of room in the lot, no more than two or three minutes later I walked into the ER. My wife was already back in a treatment room, hooked up to a monitor, blood… Read more »
Tom

Well, there tends to be a wait at my local hospital, but I live in a poor community. People use the ER as their family doctor. That’s on them though.

Tom

I’m not sure Cody’s ever met a straw man argument he didn’t like.

Cody Hutton

I meant to say 2k but that was just bad proofreading.

As for my example that came from Tennessee, a republican run state if I remember correctly so it was the city who decided to put that service fee in.

So it’s absurd to think that the government isn’t trying to disarm the entire country of America, but I am batshit loony toons when I say both Dems and Republicans are trying to turn this country into an oligarchy.

Pot, meet Kettle.

thewriterinblack

Thank you for proving my point. You made my case for me far better than I could. The greatest irony is that you probably don’t even realize it.

Cody Hutton
Oh by all means go ahead and point out every single way I proved your point. Everyone I meet who uses the “hah you’re so stupid I’m not even going to show you how!” are usually the ones that have no argument left to stand on. What I find disturbing is the fact a lot of people cannot seem to admit that their party “affiliation” is absolutely worthless here. I’ve known Mr. Correia to be a Republican from reading the very first MHI but I had absolutely no idea that even offering the idea that Republicans have faults while simultaneously… Read more »
Cody Hutton
I think there was a disconnection in what was said. Republicans, last time I checked, believed that a corporation should be counted as a vote. Be counted as a tax deduction. Be counted as a LIVING ENTITY ALL ON ITS OWN. Tell me how that makes any sense at all. By that logic I would say my house should be allowed a vote because why not? If the local Wal-mart building is seen as a living person why not? That is why that comment is ridiculed and people find it to be ridiculous. Many people may run a corporation but… Read more »

Cite?

David Lawson
Don’t be a idiot. Corporations are people. Only a fool would say so. However, corporations are comprised of people. Those people don’t forfeit their basic rights simply due to the structure of their relationship. Citizens United was a group of people that wanted to pool their resources to express their right to free speech. Corporations are a democratizing force. No more is the power to create a movie, build a monument, etc limited to the wealthy. The ability to fuel the engines of production, commerce, and so on is not limited to the Barons anymore. Common people can pool their… Read more »
thewriterinblack
Regarding corporations and speech, as it happens I’ve written a blog about that very thing: consider: I decide to speak in favor of a politician or cause in which I believe. I decide to buy ad space/time on TV, Radio, or Print media to favor a cause I believe. I, and some friends who agree with me, decide to pool our resources to buy more time/space, or time/space in larger (or more) markets than we could do individually. I, and some friends, decide to donate our pooled resources to someone else to do the kind of political activity I describe… Read more »
Joel Salomon

You mean to say corporation can’t write off its daughter corporations as dependents? Why do I even bother voting Republican then?

(Poe’s Law says I need this: 😉 )

thewriterinblack

2. The democrats bungled the shit out of the ACA, yet you think they are going to do something more complicated, and this time it will work out better?

I have to question this one. What makes you think it isn’t doing exactly what it was designed to do, that is, break the “system” so thoroughly that a great hue and cry will be raised to “so something” leading them to bring forth single payer as that “something.”

Cody Hutton
Trust me Mr. Correia I am a huge fan but the fact of the matter is as a country we care more about the 2nd amendment than we do about any other amendment at all. I hate the phrase “gun culture” just as much as anyone else, same with all the various “cultures” we have come up with in this nation. I am against the idea that anyone shouldn’t be able to protect themselves, do not get me wrong on that, but the line HAS to be drawn somewhere. What I don’t quite understand is why everyone suddenly believes “limited… Read more »
thewriterinblack

Response to the “limited magazine size” (and other BS about so-called “assault weapons)

Response to the implied “Nobody wants to take your guns”:

As you’ve pointed out before, the gun-grabbing freedom deniers (whether forthright or the “concern troll” variety) really have nothing but a limited palette of “arguments”, all long refuted.

Cody Hutton
That was quite the read. Though the one thing that I keep seeing in common with yourself, and your other posters, is that it is fine and dandy for one extreme to be used to throw your facts around. screw everyone else. Right? I do apologize if my statement about insurance didn’t make sense to you. My company offers health insurance, but to be on that plan I must pay 500 dollars a month. I make 1500 dollars a month. Can you understand why I might not think insurance would be the best idea? I put my 40 hours in… Read more »

#1,
#2
#3
#4
#5
#6
#7

I guess we’re just waiting for #8

Come on Cody, you can do it. Make it a perfect score.

B
B

Larry, please make “Justify the Moon Ferrets” be David Pitt’s new band in a future MHI novel 🙂 🙂

jabrwok
jabrwok

Nonono! Mosh’s new band will be Unearthly Forces, with Ed on drums (you *know* he can handle sticks!) and Tanya on vocals. They’d be bigger than the Beatles!:-D

thewriterinblack

As for “single payer”/socialized medicine (excuse the language, Larry): No. Fucking. Way.

I’ve had too much experience with it.

Cody Hutton
Okay let’s go with your theory that everyone needs to “pick themselves up by the bootstraps” and get jobs that pay a comfortable eighteen dollars an hour. Everyone in America suddenly does not need welfare or financial aid for any reason. What happens to all those jobs you depend on? What happens to the lower end of the totem pole? I’m willing to bet this country’s foundation runs on the very same people you would like to just grind your boot in and say they are worthless. This is why I’m not a Republican. So now we are all in… Read more »
Tom
What happens to all those jobs you depend on? What happens to the lower end of the totem pole? I’m willing to bet this country’s foundation runs on the very same people you would like to just grind your boot in and say they are worthless. This is why I’m not a Republican. First, those jobs would be done by people just entering the workforce…AS THEY WERE INTENDED. Not people in their 30’s with families. It’s not an employers responsibility to make people do better with their lives, yet a great many offer tuition assistance to help employees better themselves.… Read more »
Draven
Draven

From all reports, if they keep pushing for $15 an hour then most of the major chains will go to burger-flipping machines. McD’ s out here already has drink-filling machines.

thewriterinblack
Lordy, that was a dumb post. Look the claim that everyone would make… yadayadayada was pure straw man. Yes, there are low paying jobs out there. The term used to be “Entry level.” Because people would get those jobs when they were just starting out. They then use those jobs to learn skills, develop good work habits, and act as springboards to better arrangements. Look, I’ve worked minimum wage jobs. I’ve worked part time minimum wage jobs. I’ve lived in a rented room in an apartment shared with five other guys. I’ve lived on corn meal and beans. I’ve lived… Read more »
Cody Hutton
I am all for getting traffic to your blog, Mr. Correia, but I have actually found out that I am getting some pretty good traffic to my own blog because of this. Now I’m no where near the thousands you bring everyday, which I mean that with no sarcasm, but this little discussion/fight/tift is actually a win win for the both of us. Since I will be self-publishing my very first novel here soon I think you can appreciate why I continue to interact with you. When were you when you first started your novel? 28? I mean sure you… Read more »
Cody Hutton
Writing has been hard work. It’s also been one of the most profound learning experiences I have had in my life. You have self-published before so you know the ins and outs of how difficult it is and I am more than prepared to put in the work to get my stuff out there. I really do apologize for the inane amount of idiocy that I have brought to the table but I have a feeling that if I would have jumped on the bandwagon and been like most who would just simply agree with every point made I wouldn’t… Read more »
Cody Hutton
Okay I have stated several times that in my opinion the fourth amendment is one of the most important amendments and it keeps getting chipped away far more than the second amendment. I do not feel that the second amendment is under that much attack. The fourth amendment is. Because I feel one of our rights are under worse treatment than the other does not mean I’m against you. In fact I would say if the fourth amendment gets destroyed THEN I would fear for the second amendment. The people should own the government. I agree with you there. No… Read more »
Tom

I do not feel that the second amendment is under that much attack.

Not helping yourself with the image of someone who lives in fantasy land. Of course it’s under attack. Just look at the subject of this thread for a simple example. The attacks have lessened, but that doesn’t mean they don’t exist.

Tom
What started as an argument that both sides are equally to blame for the state this country is in (instead of just going right to what everyone here wants to hear and blasting one side) I was met with firm opposition that if I am not with you guys I am against you. Which is fine No, you were met with firm opposition because your arguments were shit and you were supporting positions we, almost universally despise. However, there are plenty of us here to take issue with Republicans as well. I’m one of them, although there are a couple… Read more »
jabrwok
jabrwok

“Trickle down”? Wow, someone hasn’t done his research: http://www.tsowell.com/images/Hoover%20Proof.pdf

Cody Hutton

I’m even getting hits from Korea. I have to admit this has been actually more than productive for me. Thank you for allowing me to play the bad guy in this. If you want to actually use me in one of your blog posts just make sure to indicate where people can go if you could. If not it isn’t a big deal.

Cody Hutton

Actually if you go to my blog I don’t think I have one political post there.

Cody Hutton

I’ll take that hit. I’d rather be known for writing than politics. You’re more than welcome to take a look at some of the few shorts I’ve laid out and rip them to pieces. I’d actually welcome it.

B
B
Let me tell you what happened the last time a real Republican ( a conservative) ran “the show” in America. In 1986, I was still in college. I was buying gas at 38 cents a gallon and had a couple of jobs to pay my way through college. Both jobs paid minimum wage because it was unskilled labor but it afforded me a wage without killing me to the point I couldn’t study when I got off work. I was driving a 70s era Camero which I promise you made Gaia cry every time it got into third gear. It… Read more »
Draven
Draven

Yes, apparently we just don’t “get it” and there is the same amount of money now as there was during the Roman Empire.

Shrimp
Shrimp
11 months 22 days ago

“Once again, two parties. One side has some browncoats, the other doesn’t.”

Or put another way, one side has browncoats, the other side has Brownshirts. But I guess that would ‘Godwin’ it…

B
B
I am against the idea that anyone shouldn’t be able to protect themselves, do not get me wrong on that, but the line HAS to be drawn somewhere. What I don’t quite understand is why everyone suddenly believes “limited magazine size” is equal to “the government is taking away all our weapons!” It’s that kind of ideology that doesn’t help and it doesn’t get anything done. *** The line has to be drawn somewhere? Why? To make you or others like you FEEL better? There’s not a shred of empirical evidence that limiting magazine capacity does a damn thing other… Read more »
Julaire
Julaire
Well, let’s see. There were the Japanese internment camps– oh wait, that was a Democrat: FDR. How about the WWII draft? No, still FDR, a Dem. The Korean War draft? Truman. Also a Dem. The Vietnam War draft? Johnson, also a Dem. Also: Democrat-controlled congresses (both houses) in all cases. NDAA in 2012 that restricts the right of habeas corpus? Split Congress and a Dem president (Obama) who signed it. Those are the only instances of ‘enslavement’ I can think of in the last 100 years or so (and the last one is a bit of a stretch, admittedly, to… Read more »
Ad Astra
Ad Astra

So not wanting someone to kick back and use the public dole to get wasted “adding another ridiculous standard.”?

Ad Astra
Ad Astra
“The civil war, which I thought was arguably the largest American casualty war by definition, was started by a Republican. Though you could argue Republicans back then were the democrats of today if you’d like.” Ummm…no it was started when Carolina opened fire on Fort Sumter. “As far as healthcare goes would you like to point me in a direction that says America is great? Every single source I try to find, I feel, will be barked down because of “agendas”. If you can find me an unbiased source then by all means I want to be educated.” The fact… Read more »
C.S.Gilmore
C.S.Gilmore

Now I could be wrong about this but as I recall there was a major difference in how wars were done back in civil war times compared to today. As such I believe that using death counts to counter number of wars started really is a bad approach towards proving a point.

Like I said I could be wrong, I don’t remember how the tactics had evolved at that time and I am too lazy right now to go look it up, not to mention the technological advancements that have changed how warfare is done since then. 🙂

bubbasrelm
So for those of us, like myself, who made it to the end of this chain and kept asking our selves what the hell single payer is, here it is 🙂 Single-payer health care is a system in which the government, rather than private insurers, pays for all health care costs.[1] Single-payer systems may contract for healthcare services from private organizations (as is the case in Canada) or may own and employ healthcare resources and personnel (as is the case in the United Kingdom). The term “single-payer” thus only describes the funding mechanism—referring to health care financed by a single… Read more »
Joseph Capdepon II
“Okay let’s go with your theory that everyone needs to “pick themselves up by the bootstraps” and get jobs that pay a comfortable eighteen dollars an hour. Everyone in America suddenly does not need welfare or financial aid for any reason. What happens to all those jobs you depend on? What happens to the lower end of the totem pole? I’m willing to bet this country’s foundation runs on the very same people you would like to just grind your boot in and say they are worthless. This is why I’m not a Republican.” Let’s see. I’ve worked plenty of… Read more »
Sean
Sean

Larry? One thing on your list.
#6 ” Your actual expensive drugs are expensive because drug companies have to recover the millions and millions of dollars and years and years of time it takes to get a new drug through FDA approval.”

It’s BILLIONS with a capital *B* . 5 Billion and about 15yrs or so of finding, testing and jumping through gov’t hoops to get it to market per drug.

pavepusher

Cody Hutton wrote: “And is it such a farfetched idea? http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/news/local/Firefighters-watch-as-home-burns-to-the-ground-104052668.html

When cities start running services like a business more and more of these stories will come to light.”

You’ve completely misrepresented that story, either deliberately, or through complete bone-headed ignorance or blatant stupidity. Which was it?

joecrouse
joecrouse
Vote for me. My party platform is a normal work week hiring the best person to do the job regardless of race creed color religion Ethnic or social proclivities and Public beating by a corps of grandmothers who know how give a proper humiliating beating then for two weeks the government will Place a bilboard of current picture and your most embarrassing baby picture on a highway somewhere where you live And what you did wrong. This punishment will be in lieu of putting you in jail where it will be less productive and cheaper than housing you in jail.
Cody Hutton
You know Joe I could actually get behind all of that. Do not get me wrong, however, as I do not believe anyone who is working 40 hours+ a week should receive such little compensation that they need welfare from the government in order to live. I also do not believe a secretary should make as much as a cop or someone who climbs up power poles to work with equipment that could kill them in a fraction of a second. What this country needs is balance but sadly we are too hung up on “Democraps r sissies” and “Republitards… Read more »
Ad Astra
Ad Astra
Cody Hutton, on March 31, 2014 at 12:05 am said: “What this country needs is balance but sadly we are too hung up on “Democraps r sissies” and “Republitards r evil” to actually get to that balance.” Cody Hutton, on March 31, 2014 at 10:36 pm said: “Democrat, Republican, it doesn’t matter. Nine times out of ten they are rotten to the core. Even the “independents” are the lowest of the low. This country used to elect people fresh from the street who knew the struggles of the “average man” now we are pigeonholed into electing people that come from… Read more »
Cody Hutton

I’m not too sure how you arrived at that conclusion. As a country we are two halves just butting heads with one another. The fact of the matter is both sides are so twisted that we need a complete and utter reboot so we can start to actually get this country back on track.

Are there politicians out there who are actually heard that don’t come from wealth or easy living? I am sure there are some but they certainly do not get any floor to talk.

Ad Astra
Ad Astra

Cody Hutton, on April 3, 2014 at 4:23 am said:
“I’m not too sure how you arrived at that conclusion.”

Because your second statement is the exact behavior you condemn in the first one maybe?
You are also aware that many of the Founders came from wealthy backgrounds?

tuco
tuco

You also know someone’s full of shit when they say, “I like guns as much as the next guy.”

Sean
Sean
How odd Cody… I worked for Wally World too. Walmart? They employ over 2.2 million people world wide in just a few dozen shy of 11000 stores in 27 countries. Under 71 different banners aka store names. 1.3 million alone in the US as of their websites last update at the end of February. *Note..I’ve looked that one up so many times to refute anti walmart bullshit I have it fucking memorized…didn’t even have to google it. If you didn’t get beyond minimum wage…says something about you I think. See as I said I worked for em too. I STARTED… Read more »
Julie Frost
Apparently Cody has never heard of volunteer fire departments, which exist in places that can’t afford to have full-time fire departments waiting around for fires to start. Guess what? Those volunteer fire departments work just fine. As for the rest of his unmitigated bullshit, well, others have already eviscerated him quite well over that. This whole moral equivalence “everyone is terrible” “argument” is ridiculous on the face of it, but I guess it makes it so that people like Cody can just throw up their hands and not have to think for a bare second. I cannot get over the… Read more »
GunDoc
GunDoc
3 months 28 days ago

You, too, must live in Virginia. All I can say to advocates of gubmint (yes, the spelling is intentional) is to look at the bang up job that the VA has done.

Cody, you are either a self aggrandizing cum guzzling asshat, a deluded fucktard without even a passing familiarity with reality, or a Bernie supporter. If not all of the above. And I say this as a heavily tattooed, pierced, long haired Heathen (Asatru, specifically).

Elias Rostad
Hi Cody! Just wanted to introduce myself. You know those terrifying “privatized” public services you fear? Well, i’m working for one. I’m a paramedic with a job at a private ambulance service covering a town of around 100k people. Sometimes, sick people call us, and we go there. Then, before we can touch the patient, we need insurance and payment information up front. I gotta say, though, things have really taken off since we got Square for our phones. Just a single swipe of the card, and you can be healed! Er…no. Wait, sorry, it’s late and i’m confused. We… Read more »
Don McKinley
Don McKinley
Bah! You all clearly don’t get it. Senator Lee is not a criminal, he is a victim. All the reports I have read say he was literally forced to take bribes because of the debts accumulated in a failed run for higher office. He owed these millions to the individual hardworking citizens of California who believed in him. How could he possibly default on the money he owed to the widows and orphans of that great state? The conflicting pressures inside this honorable man built up until, in moment of stress induced weakness, he agreed to accept a bribe –… Read more »
mekadave5

I see what you did there.

Ad Astra
Ad Astra

Oh Don had you help on for 7 hours and 43 minutes your timing would have been perfect! lol

trackback

[…] Richardson finds a Leland Yee business card. He’s a super villain! Meanwhile, the media is all “Hey, did you hear that a fatty-fat-fat Republican maybe did and […]

alanstorm
alanstorm

So Yee is both the Baptist and the Bootlegger?

RedJack
RedJack

If you are going to be a villian, might was well be a super villian

the Northwestern Diamondback
the Northwestern Diamondback

Indeed. “Go Big Or GO HOME.” lol

thewriterinblack

But remember, aim small–miss small. 😉

jabrwok
jabrwok

If you miss small, then you leave evidence that you tried. Fail big enough, and all that’s left is a smoking crater…

misereremeideus

Yee who? Hey, you gotta go see Noah. That global warming is a bitch!

Carole
Carole

Believe it or not, the LA Times did a front page spread on all three of our corrupt senators yesterday – and it must have just killed them to id them all as Democrats Not only do we have supervillian Yee, but we also have Ron Calderon, who accepted 1 million in bribes (say it like Dr. Evil, it helps), and Roderick Wright, who can’t even be bothered living in his district. But we are going to keep paying them, because, well, would you want them out there loose in the world?

C.S.Gilmore
C.S.Gilmore

I’m sure some duct tape could fix the loose in the world part. much cheaper to afford also. 🙂

Grayson
Grayson

Wild rumor of the week: someone in San Francisco is trying to sell t-shirts with a message on the front:
“Leland Yee hates California gun owners and likes MILFs!”
“Re-elect Leland!”

Any sightings of such a shirt, please advise us ASAP, please.
Cheers. 😀

trackback

[…] Correia/Monster Hunter Nation –Leland Yee, Super Villain submitted by The Noisy […]

trackback

[…] Correia/Monster Hunter Nation – Leland Yee, Super Villain submitted by The Noisy […]