mhi_blog_header2_0

Monster Hunter Alpha – New York Times Bestseller

I am the champion. My friends! Dum duh duh duh! And I’ll keep on fighting ’till the end! Dum duh duh duh! I am the CHAMPION! I AM THE CHAMPION!! NO TIME FOR LOSERS BECAUSE I AM THE CHAMPION!!!!!! and #23 on the New York Times Bestseller list coming out August 14th OF THE WORLD!!!!

0 Responses to Monster Hunter Alpha – New York Times Bestseller

1. theUnpaidBill says:

Congratulations! I finished my copy in about 6 hours.

2. the Northwestern Diamondback of THR says:

Congrats, amigo!

3. Nathan Major says:

FREAKING CONGRATS DUDE THAT IS AWESOME.
    Now if anybody tries to say you were a “one hit wonder” you can punch them right in their face. :P

4. Nice! That’s a little better than two years ago when you were bitterly cursing the shaft delivered to you by Best Seller List Gods. Good work. You deserve it.

5. Laughingdog says:

Sweet!

I know that I’ve learned that your books are so amazing that they prevent traffic from stopping, and keep traffic lights from going red. All you need is an open copy of MHA sitting on your lap, waiting for traffic to stop so you can read a little more.

The world is conspiring to prevent me from finishing this thing.

6. Just wondering, has anyone at the NY Times has read it?

7. 45er says:

Awesome. Still waiting for the signed copies from Hugo’s.

8. Don Gwinn says:

Larry, every time you blow something up like this it just warms my heart. You have no idea how much fun it is to watch you bask in this. Outstanding!

9. Robb Allen says:

Just finished it last night. Larry, you have a gift for this stuff and we’re all grateful for the books. You need to make a tour down here in the Sunshine state.

Oh and I, for one, welcome our new Lycanthropic Zombie Overlords.

10. Josh says:

So now Baen should do a hard copy of MHI to capitalize so that all the MH series would be NYT best sellers!!!!

11. perlhaqr says:

Whoo!

12. Skip says:

So when do we get the Susan POV book?

13. Awesome news! Really happy for you Larry!

14. dave says:

keep writing books, and i’ll keep buying them. Lets see if we can’t get you that #1 spot

15. richardmcenroe says:

I has to read mine faster’n a sumbitch cause I had two cranky wimmen waiting to grab it. So… Harbinger’s a werewolf, did I read that right?

16. Shamrockjim says:

Swweeeet dude….now get to writing them sequals. Them pages aint gonna fill themselves.

17. That’s gotta be sweeter than firing a Gustav, eh?

18. Thanks to your bestseller, the phrase “undead smoothie” is now stuck in my brain.

19. RainyDayNinja says:

It’s nice to see the success isn’t going to your head or anything.

20. Bayside EMT says:

Larry,

FInished My copy off in less than seven hours! My wife thought I was crazy. One of the best DAMN books I have read all year! I even went on Craigslist looking for a street sized snow blower! DAMN fine Work!!! Now My son has the copy now and he is reading faster than I did.

Regards
    Bayside EMT

21. Eagle says:

Great job, Larry! I’m still waiting for mine that I pre-ordered on Amazon a while back, so I might have to go buy one off the shelf if it doesn’t get here VERY soon. What’s that, you don’t mind if we buy multiple copies? ;-)

22. JW Manus says:

Congrats, Larry. Well deserved, well done.

23. Ray McCune says:

Damned fine job, Larry! I mean that! Way to go!

24. Pingback: EMP7 – M4gery | Empty Mags Podcast

25. Bob says:

Congratulations, Larry.

26. Larry says:

So that’s now 2x NYT Best Selling Author Larry Freakin’ Correia, is that right?
    Lets see if we can get the trifecta with Dead Six…

27. Scott says:

Congrats Larry, I knew it would happen!

28. LittleRed1 says:

Whee! Congrats and well done, sir. And it shows that your readers are obviously men and women of great discernment with excellent taste in reading material.

29. MichaelD says:

Sweet!

30. Chris H says:

Yeeha! Well deserved. Enjoy the moment. Okay that’s long enough, get back to writing :-)

31. That Guy says:

Con-freaking-GRATS!

32. joe says:

For your next Milo Anderson weapon I suggest a Silver thermite grenade.

Boom and FWOOSH at the same time followed by manianiacal laughter AND screams of the damned.

33. DanH says:

Awesome!
    Congrats Larry!

34. Jack Brown says:

Nice!

35. Awesome. I’m glad Amazon’s idiocy didn’t screw you. That would have been a huge bummer. Instead, you get to remain an alleged NYT Bestseller.

36. Linoge says:

Congratulations :). Happy to have helped! (Though Uncle Hugo’s has not sent me mine yet…)

37. K A G says:

I’m with Chris H – WELL DONE! (Big hearty pat on the back). Now stop slacking and get back to writing you big oaf!

38. Diamond Mair says:

My Spousal Unit {SuperFod, when you sign his autographed copy}, was upset – here ya give Earl a romantic interest, and then she LEAVES for 2 years – of course, I told him that was only fair, and we’re breathlessly anticipating the NEXT Monster Hunter installment.

BTW, just for S’s & G’s, for something to think about getting for Owen, or Julie, or Earl, or …………………………… ? Have you seen Beowulf?

I THOROUGHLY enjoyed all 3 MH books – the Spousal Unit & I have both read the first 2 multiple times ………………………… still have to get the matching Magellan shirts, to put our MH patches on ………………………… ;-)

Semper Fi’ & keep up the good work!
    DM

39. Deadboy says:

So awesome, I read the e-arc(darn Baen and their crack) and picked up a paperback so I can bring more minions into the fold.
    now tell me,.. where can I get my hands on the AS Val. and a couple thousand rounds of ammo :)

40. emdfl says:

Larry – any idea when Uncle Hugo’s is going to start shipping the signed copies? I ordered two and am just wondering.
    Thanks.
    emdfl

41. Jon says:

Excellent news!

42. The sheer awesomeness of your book blew me away. It’s great to see you on the bestseller list again.

43. Linda Jenkins says:

Hi Larry, (I suspect you’re not too into formality)

Just a quick question as I didn’t see this info anywhere on the site. Can you let readers know when the fourth MHI book will be published?
    I’ve enjoyed all three, and especially like the POV switch in this latest one and learning Earl’s backstory via his journal.

Linda J.

44. mattmayner says:

Congrats Larry that’s awesome news. As someone said earlier, “Monster Hunter isn’t a book, it’s a movement.”

• the Northwestern Diamondback of THR says:

“Movement”, hell–it’s a freakin’ WAY OF LIFE! MHI: Learn it, Live it, LOVE IT!!!

My preorder’s waiting for Baen/S&S to get their act together and get the rest of what Uncle Hugo’s ordered to ‘em…

• the Northwestern Diamondback of THR says:

Which is a knock on print/ship bottleneck, not Baen or Uncle Hugo’s or necessarily even S&S.

45. bogie says:

About done, and I’m disappointed on only one front.

It needs rock ‘n’ roll. CPKM rulez.

Briarwood listens to Top 40…

46. Insectress says:

I finally got my pincers on A copy of MHA. I was supposed to pick up two copies, but the bookstore only had one. And now I have to share it.
    *whine*