In the aftermath of the Rittenhouse trial there are a bunch of posts like this floating around social media. They all work off the same talking points so they are basically interchangeable. These are all being shared to bamboozle the gullible and shore up the dedicated idiots. I picked this one because of how many lies and distortions it packed into one post. Going into detail on all of his fuck ups would take a book, so this is kind of a turbo fisk, and it’s still long. I know I’ve got a ton of lawyers who read these, so if I screwed anything up let me know.
As usual, the idiot I’m fisking is in italics. My responses are in bold.
From a military legal worker:
– after you read this you’ll agree that’s almost certainly a lie or a bit of exaggeration.
I’m seeing a lot of ignorance and misinformation flying around about what happened in Kenosha,
– so he’s about to add to it.
and I’m going to set the record straight from a professional legal position…
– as you will see, this is a horseshit. Instead he obfuscates the law to sell a narrative.
as well as from a former military position.
– utterly irrelevant appeal to authority. Military experience has nothing to do with civilian self-defense law. That’s like Neil DeGrasse Tyson syndrome, where you know about astronomy, so obviously we all want to hear your dumbass opinion on every other topic.
I’m going to explain some things from a more technical angle derived from my many years as a paralegal and from my experience working in federal criminal justice and prosecution.
– Let’s see how that shakes out for him, shall we?
Legally, if you are in the process of a commission of a crime, it negates your ability to claim self defense if you kill someone. As in, it can’t even be entered as your official defense in court.
– except this trial needed to determine if KR was in fact in the commission of a crime or not. Related, and I’m surprised this guy didn’t bring it up is the claim that the judge was “biased” because he wouldn’t let the rioters be called “victims.” Well duh, that’s because the purpose of a case like this is for the jury to decide if they are victims or assailants.
On that note, since I’m shooting down all the other stupid talking points, here’s a common one. Whenever some prog says the judge was biased, ask how, and then watch them choke. If they respond, it’ll be the “victims” bit, or it’ll be that the judge yelled at the prosecutors for saying that invoking your 5th Amendment rights makes you guilty, or when they got caught not giving the defense the right evidence. But none of that was bias. That was embarrassing levels of prosecutorial misconduct. They didn’t deserve to be yelled at, they deserve to be disbarred, and then sent to jail.
It is similar to getting rear-ended at a red light through zero fault of your own, but you were driving without a license or insurance. It automatically makes you at fault because you weren’t even legally allowed to be driving.
– as you will see, this guy loves to torture analogies. Too bad they don’t actually apply to this case.
That 17 year old in Kenosha had committed two crimes and was not even legally allowed to open carry the rifle he used to shoot three people. This means that he legally cannot claim self defense.
– Demonstrably false. He was legally allowed to be carrying that rifle in Wisconsin. So that whole opening argument was moot. The weapons charge was dropped because the Wisconsin law did in fact allow KR to carry that gun, in that way, in that place.
I’m glad he didn’t bring up the whole hE cRoSsEd sTaTe lInEs!! talking point though, because that’s just stupid. He drove in from the suburbs to a place where he works and a bunch of his close family live.
Another key discussion is the Castle Doctrine
– thus begins a super long digression into a law which doesn’t really have anything to do with the KR case in an attempt to sound smart to low information types.
Some of you may be vaguely familiar with it,
-More than this jackass, obviously.
as it is what allows you to use deadly force when someone comes into your house unlawfully, etc. But there are some finer points most people don’t realize that you generally have to do some formal legal studies to know.
– as in formal legal studies, he means reading tweets from blue check mark dorks on Twitter.
First, as soon as someone sets foot inside the threshold of your home uninvited that you believe intends to commit a crime, you can legally use deadly force and it is immediately considered self defense, even if they haven’t made any violent threats or actions towards harming you. This is because in every instance outside your home, you are required to retreat and extricate yourself from a dangerous situation if possible.
– Wrong. Holy shit, you fucking mope, insanely wrong. The first part is kinda right, but dumbed down, and the second half is just fucking insane. He’s mixing up Castle Doctrine with Duty To Retreat, and most states have no Duty to Retreat.
It is a legal mandate, not a suggestion.
– It’s bullshit.
Your home is considered the final retreat point, and legally you should be safe in your “Castle.” There is nowhere else to retreat to, etc. This is why you are able to immediately use deadly force. However, it is NOT to protect your property, it is for protecting your LIFE.
– Depending on what state you live in, this is also wrong.
And once the burglar, for instance, has left your home… the threat to your life is considered neutralized, and deadly force is no longer authorized. So if a burglar runs out the door and down the street with your TV, you are no longer allowed to shoot after them because they are not threatening your life. You call the police, you file a claim with your insurance, and you get a new TV. If you shoot a burglar in the back down the street, you can and should be charged with murder.
-So he went through all of that stuff explaining the law wrong, just to get to a tortured analogy that has nothing to do with the KR case… What that actually was, was an attempt to sound like a big smart legal expert on the internet to bamboozle the gullible.
While you are out in PUBLIC, this means a lot of things obviously. It means that there is far more scrutiny and boxes that must be checked in order to claim self defense.
-Sorta, but this porkchop could have just explained how self-defense law actually works rather than his goofy bit about Castle Doctrine, but if he’d done that honestly it would later be clear that clearing KR was the correct decision. How it actually works in most of America (super brief version) – does your assailant have the ability and opportunity to cause you serious bodily harm, and are they acting in a manner that a reasonable person would believe they are an immediate threat?
Here is an article I wrote 7 years ago that goes through all this in a little more depth. https://monsterhunternation.com/2014/11/25/the-legalities-of-shooting-people/
Note. Nobody who knows the stuff in that article was surprised by this verdict. If you follow our social media our biggest doubts about the verdict concerned jury intimidation, and just how much prosecutorial misconduct Flufferboy2004 and Fatlock would be able to get away with.
You must be in IMMINENT danger of losing life and limb.
– True. And at this point I’m actually amazed he got one!
Getting into an argument and feeling scared of being punched by an unarmed person? Not likely to be a situation where deadly force is authorized.
-But then right back to the lies. If he was such a legal expert he’d know that it is well established that you do not need a weapon to have ability to cause serious bodily harm. Personal Weapons (hands, feet) are used in more murders in America than rifles.
You MUST retreat.
– A particularly galling lie, and also irrelevant to this case because KR did retreat repeatedly. First he ran from Rosenbaum and did not fire until cornered. Then he tried to retreat to the police when he was intercepted by Huber and Jump Kick Man.
If someone shoots at you or pulls a knife on you in the street, that is deadly force and can be met with deadly force.
– partially true, but dumbed down. See above about ability, opportunity, and jeopardy. They can have a knife or a gun, but they also have to be acting in a manner that suggests they are an immediate threat of doing something with it. So no, leftyprog dipshits, your silly memes to the contrary you can’t just attack people who are openly armed. That’s illegal and a quick way to leave the gene pool.
But if the person is unarmed, you cannot shoot them because you’re afraid of a little scuffle.
– A filthy lie. I guarantee that with my bare hands I could place this individual into a situation where he would have no choice but to use lethal force against me or perish. The Prosecution tried this idiot argument on the jury, with their “everybody takes a beating sometimes”. No. Legally, you do not have to “take a beating”. Fuck off with that nonsense.
That is why Rittenhouse illegally shot the first protester, and it is one of the many reasons it cannot be considered self defense.
– Lie. Rosenbaum had the ability and opportunity and was clearly presenting a threat of serious bodily harm. Rosenbaum made verbal threats of serious bodily harm. KR did retreat. Rosenbaum pursued and then tried to take the rifle. Video, witnesses, and forensic evidence are all in agreement.
The man threw a plastic bag with trash in it at him AND MISSED, and Rittenhouse shot him.
-Are you an underpants gnome? What happened to the entire middle part of the story, you dishonest fuck?
He chased his victim and instigated a fight by brandishing and flagging people with his rifle,
– More lies. There is no evidence from video or witnesses that KR chased anyone. Having a slung rifle is not legally brandishing. The prosecution tried to make the flagging argument, but the only way they could do so was to show a super grainy picture that A. was created using software that is specifically NOT to ever be used for evidentiary purposes. And B. in that AI created picture, KR magically turned left-handed for a second, which is a neat feat considering the rifle was slung (as in attached to his body) RIGHT in every other video.
The prosecution also tried and failed to make the instigation argument, because KR used a fire extinguisher to put out an arson fire started by Rosenbaum, thus provoking the fine and upstanding citizen. HOW DARE HE!?!
because he is an untrained idiot with a gun.
– A profoundly disingenuous argument. Training is awesome (I love taking gun classes, and used to teach some) but training is not a prerequisite for exercising your right to self-defense. Most defensive gun uses in America are done by people with little to no real training. And despite that lack of professional training KR still kept a cooler head and a better hit percentage than many police departments.
The protester was not a threat,
– Another lie. See the link about reasonable man assumptions. You are not required to assume the best about the angry crazy guy who earlier promised to murder you.
and even if he was, all he had to do was retreat back to the police line.
– a foul and loathsome lie, because KR clearly tried to run away from Rosenbaum, who CHASED HIM.
He rushed at protesters with a gun drawn to pick a fight,
-Lie. You guys sensing a pattern to these narratives yet?
and people are acting as if he were just there to keep the peace.
– As established by all the witnesses, his giving first aid, and the putting out fires, he was. And even if he wasn’t, and he was just hanging out, that doesn’t negate his right to self-defense.
He fired INTO A CROWD,
– He did not. He fired at individual targets. Most of whom were at contact distance because they were actively striking or grabbing for him at the time. The only one shot past conversational distance was actively pointing a firearm at KR and admitted so under oath.
and it’s a miracle he didn’t hit more people.
– true of any gun use in a chaotic urban environment, however that doesn’t negate his right to fire the gun in an act of self-defense.
More people that hadn’t thrown a plastic bag.
– note how this dishonest piece of shit once again leaves out the verbal threats, the chase, and the attempted weapon snatch. None of this is in question. Even the prosecution’s own witnesses cop to this. Even the prosecution admitted to the attempted snatch when they tried to make the claim that because the gun was slung KR would be fine… Which just shows that Littlebinger knows as much about weapon retention as he does gun safety. Because someone gets ahold of your slung rifle, and you don’t know how to lock it down, you’re gonna end up as the tetherball.
More people that were just trying to protest police brutality,
– Calling this a lie is too generous. That’s fucking asinine bullshit. I’m sure the decent human beings who were there to peacefully protest bail when the assholes start setting garbage trucks on fire. There is a difference between protestors and rioters, and America is sick of you disingenuous fucks purposefully confusing the two. So take your “fiery but mostly peaceful protest” and shove it up your ass.
which is a real issue in this country.
– Police brutality does happen. And I’d bet that if this guy really is in law enforcement (lol) he would be one of the problems. It’s always the guilty assholes who posture and project the hardest who do nasty shit. His writing shows a clear lack of integrity and character. Anybody with this much ego and dishonesty would have zero problem giving a suspect a little stick time and covering it up later.
And then when he did finally run away, some more protesters attempted to subdue him after he had already murdered someone, he tripped, and shot two people trying to stop him from shooting others.
– More lies and leaving out the inconvenient bits. KR was retreating toward the police. I believe the RIOTERS who tried to intercept him hadn’t seen him shoot Rosenbaum (can’t confirm this though because it appears the prosecutors hid Jump Kick Guy from the defense), they were acting off of the word of the mob, and they tried to intercept him BEFORE HE COULD GET TO THE COPS. He was struck. Kicked in the head. And beaten with a skateboard.
After shooting Huber, Grosskeutz (sp?) got shot. Only he did not get shot until he RAISED HIS PISTOL AND POINTED IT AT KR. He was even dumb enough to say this on the stand. (this was the funniest moment of the whole trial). Afterwards Prosecutor Lunchbox tried to argue that pistols aren’t dangerous when being used one handed. Between that and Flufferboy talking about exploding hollowpoints, all of us gun people got severe migraines while watching this amateur hour shit.
On a completely unrelated note Grosskeutz looks like a Great Value Hunter Biden. And from all the DUIs and falling out of his chair drunk during the pre-trial, apparently parties like Hunter too.
The fact that the police didn’t arrest him and take him into custody right then and there, even if they suspected it could be self defense, is a grave issue with that police department.
-This is the only inadvertently honest thing this piece of detritus has said. It is a bummer the cops dropped the ball and told KR to buzz off, because if they’d done their jobs then it would’ve killed that stupid lefty nonsense about “fleeing across state lines” (i.e. driving back to the suburbs). But if the police had been doing their jobs that night, Rosenbaum and crew wouldn’t have been out destroying things and setting other people’s property on fire.
I could further dissect this situation, but for now I’m going to end with people passing around misinformation about the victims being “criminals so they deserved it.”
-Oh, I’m sure he could go on, but if this dreck was what he lead with, I wouldn’t expect more analysis to get any better.
First, there are no actual records of Jacob Blake or the people shot by Rittenhouse being in the official sex offender’s registry. None of them raped a 14 year old girl years ago, that is complete fabrication being purposely spread by right wing extremist sites in order to try and justify the shootings.
-A total lie. Rosenbaum has been confirmed to be a total shitbag. I believe he was convicted of forcible sodomy of five boys, aged 5 to 11, and literally got out of a mental ward that morning. Huber was also a felon. Grosskeutz had an expunged felony and charges pending. Jump Kick Guy had multiple felonies and charges pending. And I believe the others two assholes who were with that crew, and fired the first shots, also had felonies. And none of those felonies were for tax evasion, if you know what I mean. That’s a hell of a ratio and says a lot about the nature of these “peaceful protestors”.
The fun part about all this is that the left has to simp for pedophiles and pretend these dregs of society were heroic victims, even though we all know the real reason the left is upset is they can’t abide the idea of regular people not being too terrified of the system to stand up to their terror mobs.
Jacob Blake was indeed awaiting trial for sexual assault and trespassing, and did have a warrant for his arrest. It was not assault on a child, because that is a different charge with a different title. On the charging document, it would literally say that it was against a child. From what is publicly known, he allegedly broke into an ex girlfriend’s house and allegedly assaulted HER, but he is innocent until proven guilty, and still deserves his day in court. He could truly be innocent.
-This bit is extra fucking stupid because Jacob Blake wasn’t there, so all that is irrelevant.
Rittenhouse’s victims do not appear to have had any record,
-I am in awe of the investigative abilities of this dolt who is supposedly in law enforcement. If he’s in your jurisdiction, good luck with that.
and even if they did, he couldn’t have known that at the time. You cannot insist a shoot was justified AFTER the fact because “that person was a criminal.” Criminals have rights too, whether you like it or not, and it is enshrined in the very documents that built our country.
-He’s actually right here, except in an utterly pointless way. KR didn’t need to know their life stories to know that they were trying to murder him in that moment. That’s what matters. And the judge didn’t allow the defense to bring up their long sleazebag records in the trial, so that’s irrelevant there too. However, in the court of public opinion, the nature and character of those men becomes extremely important. And despite liberals not understanding the difference, the court of public opinion is different than a court of law.
If you don’t like the constitution and bill of rights, I don’t know what to tell you.
This is also not MY OPINION, this is literally how the criminal justice system and our laws work.
-No. It’s an opinion. And it’s a fucking dumb one at that. And shithead knows it too, which was why this is getting shared across the internet with no real name attached to it.
I hold a degree in paralegal studies and served 8 years as an Army paralegal.
-So you fetched coffee for JAG officers who went to actual law school.
I’ve worked for the criminal division in the Chicago US Attorney’s Office,
-Chicago? Well that fucking explains it. Once Lori Lightfoot gets her ten thousandth shooting the Red Skull will give her the Soul Stone.
and currently work in federal law enforcement.
-Where? The TSA?
Okay, to be fair, looking at the incredibly shitty state of many federal law enforcement agencies now, this part is probably true. He’s currently waterboarding an 86-year-old grandma for taking a selfie in the Capitol on January 6th.
This is what I do for a living, and I am not pulling this out of my ass, and my knowlege is a culmination of working in the field and being passionate about justice for 16 years.
-Pulling this out of your ass would probably be an improvement from where you actually got it from.
But hey, at least he’s passionate in his dishonesty. I guarantee if this piece of shit is a fed he’s the kind who keeps his jackboots polished, and he thought Christoph Waltz played the hero in Inglourious Basterds. To all my LE readers, fed, state, and local, you know exactly what type of motherfucker I’m talking about.
I’d be happy to send you sources and opines and case law and statutes if you need it.
-SEND IT, MOTHERFUCKER. All my fisks go viral so you’ll probably see this. Post them in the comments. And also post your actual resume so we all know what jurisdiction to avoid because it’s LE is brain damaged.
I did not get this from “mainstream media,” and I am not brainwashed by the left.
-You lying piece of shit, that was regurgitated blue check mark twitter pontificating with some C- level essay answers about self-defense law tacked on. Mainstream media would be a step up for you, and that’s saying something because Brian Stelter is a potato.
I’m an independent progressive.
-Oh, EXCUSE ME. My apologies when I thought you were “left” when you’re an “independent progressive”, which is apparently a synonym for braindead ass-muppet who faps to Bernie Sanders speeches.
On that note, since so many dumbfuck progs have been saying KR was a mass shooter, if you see a dude with a rifle in a public place the best way to find out if they intend a mass shooting or not is ask them how they feel about Bernie Sanders. If they say they love Bernie, FUCKING RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!
May he face justice for what he did,
-And I hope you face justice for being a lying piece of shit, but I won’t hold my breath.
and may we find a way to get on common ground before more fuses to this powder keg are lit.
-The shit head arguing in favor of fiery riots is upset that the rule of law won out over jury intimidation, and he wants to chide us about “common ground”. We have no ground in common. Your fuckers are the ones who keep lighting the powder kegs, then you get butt hurt when somebody shoots them rather than getting blown up.
This has been my Ted Talk.
-That was a steaming pile of giraffe vomit.
Basically guys, all the outrage over this trial is because the left is terrified of losing another tool in their toolbox. They love lawless mobs terrorizing you and wrecking your stuff. They love having you too scared of the system to stand up to their dirtbags. So that’s why they are lying their asses off and shedding fake tears for pedophile scum. The jury’s decision didn’t just say Rittenhouse was not guilty, but by extension, it says their useful idiot rioters were guilty, which damages the narrative. And anytime the truth goes against the narrative, the truth gets a bullet to the back of the neck.
The problem the left ran into this time in the court of public opinion was that all of the actual facts of the case were out there for anyone to see. (I really recommend Rekieta Law, who had phenomenal and entertaining coverage with lawyers watching the live stream. I was glued to it for much of the trial). So with the independent media doing the job that regular media won’t, it’s tougher for dishonest fucks like this to spread their lies.
But gullible people still listen to the media and the blue check marks, which was why they were heartbroken on Friday. If you actually believed the narrative nonsense, this case seems like a travesty.
Sorry, leftist punditry. You tried to put your fingers on the scale again, but you failed.
Cope and seethe, you dishonest fucks.