The MHI STI 10mm longslide

A friend put up a pic of his new 10mm on Facebook, and I couldn’t find the pics I’d taken before of my custom 10mm, so I snapped these just now.

MHI STI

It started as an STI Perfect 10. Then the guys at STI went crazy on it. The trigger is amazing. The slide to frame fit is literally the smoothest I’ve ever felt on any pistol in my life. Where bull barrel touches the slide, it is so well fitted that you can rub your finger on the crown and not feel the line. It also has a fitted .40 barrel and recoil spring.

MHI STI 2

Accuracy? Capable of way better than I can shoot, and I’m pretty darn good.

28 Comments on "The MHI STI 10mm longslide"

Dave
1 year 5 months ago

Does this mean you have no objections to fans having MHI logos engraved on their firearms? Because an MHI engraved AR15 lower would be really, really awesome.

RightWingProf
1 year 5 months ago

When looking through the recent posts on SWFA douchebaggery, I somehow clicked through to someone’s blog. He had a pic of his daughter’s pink rifle. I think a MHI logo on a pink AR15 would be awesome. The sheer amount of cognitive dissonance that would cause with Persons of Vaginitude (great phrase, there) might actually split off an alternate universe.

1 year 5 months ago

That would have been Michael Z. Williamson. I believe his daughter has had her own pink AR since the age of 7 or 8. I think he said she was 16 now.

jsf001
1 year 5 months ago

I believe he has said in the past that he is alright with that under two conditions. One that you are not making any money off it, and two you send him a picture. Whether or not that still applies (or if I am even remembering that correctly) I am not sure.

Winter
1 year 5 months ago

I am in the same boat with Dave. Although I’d love to stencil the MHI symbol onto the buttstock of my FAL… because .308 ftw

Book
1 year 5 months ago

This is so awesome. I’ve actually thought that putting the MHI smiley on a gun would be awesome. Even know a guy who would do it. Is that cool with you, Larry?

Brian
1 year 5 months ago

I see new grips for my security-six in the near future…

Dave
1 year 5 months ago

Aha! http://www.yorkarms.com. They do custom engraved AR15.com lowers, and about 1/3 of the way down the page is one with MHI’s logo.

Expendable Henchman
1 year 5 months ago

Those engravings are hilarious!
The picture page is:

The MHI version is:

For those not familiar with AR-15/M-16/M4 select fire switch, it’s a rotating switch, the pointer is either 2 or 3 way (optional #3 is auto).
Left is “safe” – won’t shoot
Straight Up is “Semi Automatic” – one shot at a time
Right is “automatic” – “repeat fire while trigger is down”
or Right is “3 round burst” – fast burst of 3 shots.

I have got to get them to do me a Rainbow Dash, Brony edition. The tears and screams will be worth every penny. Maybe I’ll ‘vajazzle’ it too.

Testing to see if I can embed the pic:

Test link to MH Homepage

Expendable Henchman
1 year 5 months ago

Images don’t seem to embed at all, and comment awaiting moderation. Wonder if this reply will hang too?

Troy
1 year 5 months ago

Sorry but you got it wrong that should be a MCB Agent Franks gun. it is in 10mm after all. One in .45 would be correct for a MHI.
but really that is one bad ass gun.

av willis
1 year 5 months ago

Or you could get a task force unicorn gun. One horned steed framed by the initials S.T.F.U has a certain appeal to the notion

C.S. Gilmore
1 year 5 months ago

Wow, I could almost see it as having bragging rights to get shot by that gun, or to own one such as that, the last probably being more proffered.

1 year 5 months ago

Wow…. that is just all kinds of awesome. That is a sweet, sweet gun.

Cadeyrn
1 year 5 months ago

I think I shed a single manly tear upon seeing that. It evaporated from my leathery face before it could be noticed by anyone.

Also to those who only noticed the grips, clickie-through for the big pictures. I didn’t know Gloria was sick.

Cadeyrn
1 year 5 months ago

Although – If I was getting engraving done it would probably be on my Sage-stock Socom-16 “Evil Looms, Cowboy Up, Kill It, Get Paid.” I mean, if evil is looming and all, it could be at any range, and I’d just hate to not be able to send enough high-velocity love toward it…

C.S. Gilmore
1 year 5 months ago

I especially like the “He Transit Gloria Mundi” Part on the barrel.

1 year 5 months ago

Larry, what I think you fans and friends are saying is Combat Wombat guns needs to start producing and selling MHI gear itself. And you thought you got out of the business long ago…mwuahahaha! I can see it, Manatee reviews of the new MHI 10mm long slide – 3 Awwrooos. You could even sell interdimensional insurance spoof papers worthy of an I love me wall decoration.

Pete Sheppard
1 year 5 months ago

VERY NICE! I’m not into such personalized guns myself (I’d keep telling myself they were too nice to shoot), but there are several ‘common’ guns I’d cheerfully buy with the money that beaut cost!

1 year 5 months ago

IMHO, the optimal holster for such a weapon would be the Alessi Fieldmaster shoulder holster.

Expendable Henchman
1 year 5 months ago

Not off topic, but certainly a veer of direction, the following headline is straight from the New York Times:
The Go-To Congresswoman on Gun Control Packs It In

Carolyn McCarthy is calling it quits.

Bruce
1 year 5 months ago

bah, when I read that headline I first thought it was going to be about Feinstein having a California concealed carry permit (she does and has for many years).

1 year 5 months ago

Berry’s is sponsoring a big steel match the first week of April down here in southern Utah. Come on down and shoot with us and bring that beautiful STI!

1 year 5 months ago

Good looking piece of iron. I love my Glock 20 but this clearly has a lot of love and care in it.

1 year 5 months ago

Completely off topic: When I log onto Larry’s blog, I get a pop-up at the bottom of the screen that reads:

Blog at WordPress.com. The Digg 3 Column Theme

Does anyone know how to make this go away?

me
1 year 5 months ago

This is a lovely example of ironmongery. Is that an STI 2011 frame? I am assuming that STI built it using their own parts.

Is there any chance of a spec list, for those 1911 geeks who read this blog?

Thanks.

RDC
1 year 4 months ago

10mm is my chosen caliber and the STI Perfect 10 is my dreamgun. Well done!