Merry Late Christmas!

So the Correia family had an awesome Christmas. Here is a quick blog post catch up, because then I’ve got to get back to work.

My self imposed exile from the internet for a couple days was 99% effective, and I only got on to approve comments (which I only skimmed long enough to make sure they weren’t spambots) and to post a painted mini pic on Twitter. That’s pretty darn good for me, especially since my last blog post went viral.

For everyone asking if they can share that gun control opinion, please do. If I had realized that 300,000 people would read it this week I would’ve actually given it an editing pass. When I get a chance I will try to read through the 1,700 comments and try to respond to some of the FAQs. It seems that the mega post was shared a lot, helped educate, and even made some people rethink their beliefs. Awesome.

I met a lot of new, interesting people this week because of this blog post. I got retweeted by Adam Baldwin (very conservative) and ended up having a conversation with Sean Astin (very reasonable democrat trying to look at both sides of the issues, and really nice guy, so I gained a lot of respect for him),  so as a geek, that made for an interesting day.  Now I’m going to go wear Jayne hat and watch Lord of the Rings.

The rest of this week I will be working on Warbound, which is out in August 2013. It is coming along pretty well, and I think it is a great story.

I just wrote a bunch of stuff for the MHI RPG, including some really fun little bits of fiction, including Holly saving Christmas, Owen and Milo do an inventory, Ultimate Fighting Lawyer v. Undead Lawyer in LAWYER FIGHT (in an elevator), and a behind the scenes of how orcs find their talents in Reckoning Day.

I’ve been checking on the art work for the RPG, and let me tell you guys, it is absolutely awesome. We’ve got some amazing artists on this and the stuff they are turning in has blown me away. For those of you who missed the MHI Employee Handbook Kickstarter, don’t worry, because it will still be on sale in 2013.

Baen books are now available in the Kindle store as of last week, which has been nifty. I checked my Amazon affiliates stats for the month (whenever you buy anything through Amazon through any of my links off to the right, I get a % for the refferal) and I can see that a bunch of people have bought eBooks this week through there. Thank you. Anytime you buy through Amazon that gives me more money to blow on ammo and miniatures. :)

Speaking of miniatures, FRP had their super end of the world blowout sale, so I’ve got enough lead being shipped to my house that I’ll have stuff to paint until I die… And at my current Sunday afternoon painting rate, that should be sometime in 2185.

Everyone here had a great Christmas. The kids are getting older, but young enough that the “Santa” magic is still there for some of them, and the youngest was super happy to play with the wrappers.

My family has been truly blessed this year. Thank you, Monster Hunter Nation, for being the best readers and friends any writer could ever have. Merry (belated) Christmas. :)

An interview with me at Sci Fi Writer's Chat
And now for something fun, the cover of WARBOUND!

22 Comments on "Merry Late Christmas!"

Merry belated Christmas! I don’t have time to play RPGs anymore, but I’m excited about the books. I’m going to end up buying them for the background information. And I’ve done my part to spread that opinion blog post around to educate some people that really don’t know anything about guns, other than “they’re scary” and “shotguns blow people through walls and machine guns like the AR15 are full auto and hold 100 bullets (because that’s what they’ve seen on TV and in the movies)”.

Nice. But what sort of toys can TAKE the awesome superpower of Correias2.1-2.4??????

Well. worse case, you can melt the miniatures down to bullets, It’s good to have a back up plan!

So if I buy ANYTHING from Amazon by clicking on your links you get a %? Or only the Larry Correia books. Because if I could click on one of your links, then navigate away and buy something else, then I would always buy from Amazon only after connecting through your site.

NKR

Anything you buy through the link here will give Larry a %. So if you click one of the book links and then do a search at Amazon for the thing you want to buy, it still counts for Larry.

robitille

Actually, here’s another little present for you. I know a ‘redneck’ who has said with pride that the only book he has read since graduating high school was ‘Stranger in the Kingdom’. I told him about your books and your background and he’s going to be reading at *least* the Monster Hunter series. With enthusiasm. And he’s not even remotely a fan of anything ‘fantasy’ related. Seriously, this guy doesn’t even like fantasy related TV shows. Thank you for that, as seeing a non-reader’s eyes light up at the prospect of reading fiction – of his own volition – was a present for me as well.

And a retroactive Jolly Yule to you!

Alan – I’m pretty sure Larry gets a cut of anything you buy at Amazon if you go though his links.

Larry – I’m glad to hear you had as good of a Christmas as my family did! My daughter is 4 months old and just loves the Christmas lights ;-)

NKR

Merry Christmas! And thanks again for your mega post. I’ve forwarded the link to many people. You’ve done a great deed here at the end of the year.

Traye Steele

Merry Christmas, Larry. Thanks for keeping me happily entertained when I take breaks from writing my own stories. I’m always ready to read more of Owen’s story and the other guys from MHI, and eagerly wait for Agent Frank’s Book of Badassery. So far I’ve got every book you’ve done, and I’ll be a fan until one of us stops!

tuco

I can’t be the only person who thinks that Adam Baldwin absolutely has to play Sullivan in the inevitable Hard Magic movie, can I?

Julaire

tuco,

Larry thinks the same thing. So I hoped he mentioned it to Adam Baldwin when Baldwin was retweeting him.

” Now I’m going to go wear Jayne hat and watch Lord of the Rings.”

Merry Christmas Larry!

A Merry Christmas in return from the Cordova household!

Raymond McCune

Merry Christmas, Larry!
Did the YardMoose(s) get something for the Holy-Day Season???

David W.

Merry Christmas!

I got your MHI books for Christmas this year. I just finished the first one about 8 minutes ago (Whole family went to Kentucky or else I probably would have polished it off late Christmas day but we opened presents around 8pm on the 25th and I was up till about 8am reading it).

If the rest of your books are like MHI, then honestly I probably won’t end up using my new shotgun until I finish them… Reading MHI in the warmth trumped shooting in the cold. Though I did get a massive *Squee* moment whenever I read “Remington 870″ because now I have one hanging on my wall above my Mosin and below my Enfield.

I want to start Vendetta now so I’ll just leave with this:

Thanks for the awesome book!

Cathy

Meeowwy Christmas to you and your family.

LittleRed1

A belated Merry Christmas! My seven month old niece liked the tree, enjoyed her presents, and fought with the cats for the wrapping paper.

Look what was just mentioned in the news this morning:

Also, glad you a had a good Christmas and of course I am looking forward to the next book you are currently working on!

E. Griffith

I am a facts & figures kind of gal. I also was always very anti-gun. I want to thank you for that really long blog post about the issues facing our country! It was the first time that I have seen someone back up their opinion on guns with real statistics, instead of hot-headedness. I did not find it offensive in any way, rather extremely eye opening and educational. That all being said, you have changed my mind on the issue and I find myself agreeing with you on many points. Again, I thank you for that.
How does one go about finding and instructor with your level of education? I feel I would be even more comfortable on the subject of guns, if I had some first-hand experience. Thank you & Happy New Year!