mhi_blog_header2_0

Spellbound is now in paperback!

My wife just called to tell me that I got a package of paperback Spellbounds. Already? Has it already been out a year? Wow.  So I checked.

Sweet. :)  If you guys haven’t read Spellbound yet, you should, because it is awesome. And I’m not just saying that because I’m biased. I’m working on Warbound, the 3rd Grimnoir novel, now.

6 Comments on "Spellbound is now in paperback!"

Julaire

Can’t wait for Warbound! As much as I enjoy the Monster Hunter books, the Grimnoir books definitely appeal to me more. They’re awesome.

tuco

I look at the Monster Hunter, Grimnoir and Dead Six series like they’re bacon, pulled pork, and ribs. They all appeal to me with equal strength, but in different ways.

Got it as an ebook and am now eagerly awaiting the next book. ANY next book! Is there an ETA on when your next title(s) will be published?

steve

Got them in hardcover back when they were first released. I understand the hardcover/trade/paperback cycle is to recoup max revenue, but I really hate the hardcovers. They take up too much space in my library, especially vertically.

I’d be happy to pay hardcover price for trade or paperback on the date of release.

I might be in a minority, I might be one of a silent majority. I wish Baen would check it out, they might be missing something.

While we’re wishing, as at least one famous author has said before, ebooks should be bundled with paper books, for a slight premium. I want an ebook so I can search for the “Who was the guy that helped Owen on the zombie slushie maker?” questions quickly. And maybe spend a few moments while waiting somewhere, just pull out the Kindle and see how Owen’s doing.

But for curling up in bed at home, I want a paperback, period.

steve

But for the Grimnoir series, DON’T read them out of order. There’s an entire genetic magic system, and a bunch of people introduced in the context of that system. If you don’t start at the beginning, you’ll not be as happy as if you did.

Bob W.

I’ll be eagerly awaiting it. It’s a fantastic series. Can’t wait to see who’s ass Jake and Faye kicks next time.