When Diplomacy Fails

Just a heads up, Mike Williamson’s new novel is out.

Alex Marlow and Ripple Creek Security’s best personal security detail return to action. This time, they really don’t like their principal, World Bureau of State Minister Joy Herman Highland–a highly-placed bureaucrat with aspirations to elected office. Even worse, Highland’s assistant wants to publicize every movement and action for her boss’s pending campaign, which is anathema to good security.
With a person of this status, it’s not a case of someone wanting her dead. The only question is how many people want her dead, and what are they bringing to the fight?

The enemies are from without, within and all over. They have resources, funding and political cover. Ripple Creek needs to be cautious.

But the enemy also needs to worry. They’re going to be getting in each others’ way in the process of carrying out their plans. And Ripple Creek has no qualms about explosions on galactic news. In fact, they enjoy it.

About Michael Z. Williamson:

“A fast-paced, compulsive read…will appeal to fans of John Ringo, David Drake, Lois McMaster Bujold, and David Weber.” – Kliatt

“Williamson’s military expertise is impressive.” – SFReviews

From Barnes & Noble

icon
icon

From Amazon

10 Comments on "When Diplomacy Fails"

Josh

It also has the audible book available….. I’ve been listening to it while waiting on the legion audiobook

andonsage

Larry, don’t forget to mention it’s available as an e-book at Baen e-books. I’ll be getting this one with the August monthly bundle next week :) Also, I normally wait until the end of the month to buy the bundle, but since the new MHI book is in the September bundle, I’m buying that at the end of August when it’s released :) I heart Baen and it’s authors!

andonsage

Larry, I’ve been meaning to ask you about this, since a) you’re a Baen authoer, and 2) you’re conservative… Have you ever spoken with Eric Flint & Mark L. Van Name, and asked them how they can be Democrats? :) I love their books, but jeesh! How can they be that ignorant about what Obama’s done to their party?

ppaulshoward

Well, I don’t know about Van Name but Eric Flint is not a Democrat. He considers both the Republicans and Democrats “Right Wing”. [Wink]

Steelheart

I finished this book over the weekend and it rocked. There’s more political stuff in it but it’s also the nature of the storyline.

Steelheart

Dave

Bought it as an E-ARC back in late May. Loved it.

A new Mad Mike book, cause for celebration!

Ray McCune

And MZW is shameless.
Another book I’ll have to get and read veraciously!

*Sigh!*