Romney's travel guy tells reporters to shove it

Read the whole link. The first paragraphs (the part that most people actually read) is all mew mew mew, poor reporters… And then read the rest of it, where you can see the reporters were being their normal douchey selves and Romney’s guy told them to kiss his ass.

I don’t know who this Gorka guy is, but promote him. He simply said to them what most Americans would like to say to members of the press.

No time to fisk the whole thing, but the level of bias and snide insinuation is hilarious. But the press totally isn’t biased. Not at all. Michelle Obama was wearing a $6,000 shirt at the olympics so the press oohed and aaahed and Ann Romney wore a $600 shirt and they had a freak out about how out of touch those rich bastards are.

26 Comments on "Romney's travel guy tells reporters to shove it"

Napalm512
3 years 1 day ago

As usual, yahoo have removed the article. Can’t any anti-Obama articles out there can we! Fisk them and Fish yahoo

3 years 1 day ago

That article’s still around last time I checked.

3 years 1 day ago

Any candidate whose press person tells the MSM to shove off and to “kiss my ass” has my support.

JD Kinman

3 years 1 day ago

Remember when Obama flipped the bird during a debate before his election? I do.

NKR
3 years 18 hours ago

Yep. And I believe Teresa Heinz Kerry did something similar to what Gorka did. But, you see, they are from zee correct party.

NKR
3 years 18 hours ago

Okay, I looked it up. “Shove it” is exactly what she said. Here’s an article from MSNBC. There are lots of articles about it, but I chose the most leftist site I could find at a glance so there’s no mistaking … she said it:

They finish it up with a reminder that Dick Cheney used a dirty word. That it was in a personal one-on-one conversation with a senator who had falsely accused the Bush administration of all manner of misdeeds doesn’t quite make the final edit, of course.

draven
3 years 1 day ago

I love that they think that his statement re: the difference is culture is a gaffe and… well…I’m praising it for it…

NR Pax
3 years 1 day ago

If I were Mitt, I’d take Mr. Gorka aside and hand him a phone while explaining why he should apologize to the press. Then I’d give him a bonus check and the promise of 30% extra if he told the reporters that he was sorry that they were offended.

RandyGC
3 years 1 day ago

An apology that should serve as a model for the Romney campaign in this situation:

3 years 23 hours ago

One of my favorite B-5 scenes ever and the show is full of great scenes and lines. It’s why it’s my favorite TV show ever. Although at the moment Dr Who runs a damn close second.

Kristopher
3 years 22 hours ago

Fucking Presstitutes …

They needed a pimp-hand slappin’.

Kresh
3 years 21 hours ago

One could accuse the media of double standards, but that would be assuming that the media HAD any standards.

NKR
3 years 18 hours ago

I wonder if Yoshua, recently going bonkers on your FB, is equally incensed at the made-up-out-of-whole-cloth “gaffe” story about Romney? Yeah, I didn’t think so.

I don’t blame Gorka for being pissed off. Heck, I’m pissed off and I don’t even like Romney.

Josh C,
3 years 16 hours ago

Yeah, in this case I agree that the media seems to be dedicated to the narrative that Romney has a gaffe in every country. He was a bit of a dick in England but his press secretary was right on telling those reporters to shut up. In Israel, meanwhile, people seem pretty dedicated to construing his comments about culture to being an insult to Palestine (made up country) instead of a complement to Israel. None of this really matters scince he’s running for office in the US and diplomatic ability will always come a distant second to domestic issues for American voters especially during a recession. Still voting Obama though.

NKR
3 years 8 hours ago

I don’t see how he was a “dick” in England. He’s not only a presidential candidate visiting the Olympics, he’s an expert at organizing them. His comments aren’t just off-the-cuff “the police acted stupidly” bullshit, they’re an honest assessment. He was also referring to things that have recently been reported throughout the mainstream media, so it’s not like he made it up.

And guess what they’ve been reporting this week? Problems at the Olympics. Shoot the man for telling the truth.

Josh C,
3 years 6 hours ago

True, he didn’t even say that much. I suppose that it’s just my opponion that the possible (hopefully not) future president didn’t need to say anything. That is just my opinion and its not worth very much that’s why I said “a bit”. The PM’s response was amusing though and explains why the press got so attached to the narrative of Romney gaffes in another country. Explains, not excuses.

Fred2

And “disconcerting” regarding the security debacle in the UK, probably counts as a “diplomatic understatement of the year” candidate.

Gaffe? I think not. Heck even a notorious bed wetter like Piers Morgan defended Romney on that.

George Mills

I came here to praise a book of yours and check on release dates, but I can see that’s not what this site is for.
I suppose you can keep up the left-bashing, but it wouldn’t hurt to remember that a sizable chunk of your fans would be dems.

peavybob

Given that his books tend to be heavy with guns and against big government, I don’t think he worries too much about the Democratic demographic.

Josh C,

Yes, in his books Republicans are often right. There are also werewolves, vampires and Old Ones. I like urban fantasy because sometimes the more ridiculous the premise, the more fun they can be.

Napalm512

Help someone, the link on article is missing because of Yahoo. Love the “Rants” Larry, please keep it up!
Luke Dedicated reader of rants and your books. Though I buy the books. (You are going to need something when the powers out.)