Geeky Hobbies, Skorne Warlock Zaal for Hordes game

This guy is coming out pretty nicely. I still need to do a few little touch ups and clear coat. The writing on his cloak is Skornish for “Howard Tayler’s troll army is delicious and tastes like chicken.”  Photo snapped last night on my iPhone. He’s looking good enough that I’m going to have to bust out the light box and real camera.

The dead guy and shield on the base are styled after Steve Diamond’s Menoth army. Go figure.

Edit: And here are some Karax

Do I have fans in the Ft. Belvoir Virginia area?
Another take on F&F from Bill Whittle.

14 Comments on "Geeky Hobbies, Skorne Warlock Zaal for Hordes game"

We need to have an MHI Warmahordes tournament at a con you attend. I can bring both Khador and Circle.

BTW, your painting is great.

Very nice paint job! I play Khador and Trollbloods myself. And I’m with Tim… an MHI Warmahordes would be awesome :)

tuco

Khador and Skorne here.

Your painting is improving big time. Zaal is one of my favorite casters for no other reason than the image of an army of automatonic statues marching to war powered by the spirits of the living who get cut down. Rules-wise he can be tricky. Hakaar is a must with him in my opinion. You can transfer damage to him and he can heal from killing stuff. This reminds me that I need to check out the Titan and Cyclops plastic kits first hand.

Chris

Great job- nice transitions between shade and highlight.

What did you use for the base?

truckerbob

Very nice paint job. ‘Nother Khador player here,though I do dabble with Menoth and Retribution. Don’t normally do tourneys, but a mhi warmahordes one I’d make time for.

I’m a Warhammer 40k guy myself.

tuco

Then you must be looking forward to the end of this week, I’d guess.

Matt Power

Great paint job, and nice touches on the mini-diorama (is the skeleton’s arm attached to the shield on the base?). Have you experimented with ink washes at all?

Todd Williams
3 years 14 days ago

Love what you did with the “old man”. As a skorne enthusiast, and Zaal in particular, this brightened my day. I find the old man to be a hoot to play. Plus a well-painted “Zaal army” gets coolness points for apearance alone. Two thumbs up.