MONSTER HUNTER LEGION eARC is out

The Monster Hunter Legion eARC is out now! http://www.baenebooks.com/p-1672-monster-hunter-legion-earc.aspx

Okay, I know. I posted this a couple of days ago, but lots of you weren’t on the internet this weekend, so this is to get it out there again.

Reviews so far are very good.  Sweet. The first couple of days after an eARC comes out always kind of freak me out a little bit. :)

27 Comments on "MONSTER HUNTER LEGION eARC is out"

Greg Wirtala
3 years 1 day ago

Bought it Friday. Read it Friday. Even if you are a little bit nuts on politics you sure a damn fine writer. Really enjoyed the ride. Can’t wait for more MHI and Grimnoir!

Thom Shartle
3 years 1 day ago

Just finished it – GREAT Ride! Thanks! So Larry, why is there no MHI RPG?

peavybob
3 years 1 day ago

wouldn’t it have to be a first person shooter?
Grimnoir Chronicles seems more like RPG material

Rob

You can combine the two, ala Fallout 3.

3 years 1 day ago

Read it on Saturday – awesome. Just freakin’ awesome!

3 years 1 day ago

Bought it Sunday afternoon. Finished it very, very early Monday Morning. Un-put-downable. If it isn’t the best book in the series, it’s frakin’ close.

On a completely different note, when is Swords of Exodus going to be released?

Fox3
3 years 1 day ago

Great read, when is the next one out :-) :-) :-).

Love ‘em!

tuco
3 years 23 hours ago

When can I read a “review” of this on Amazon by my favorite reviewer Arthur W. Jordin? I love how his reviews are totally spoiler-free. Larry, have you considered sending this guy a PDF version of the books so he can just copy and paste the entire text of the books into the body of his “reviews?”

LepusKhan

I hadn’t heard of this reviewer until you said that so I looked him up. Holy moly! You weren’t kidding! Sheesh!

3 years 22 hours ago

I checked the Baen website on Saturday and saw the eARC was available, but decided to wait until the published copy is listed.
Then I saw that the first 7 chapters are available now on the Baen website and figured WTH and stayed up late to read them.
Curse your hide, Larry, but that was good!
Of course, I bought the eARC.
I did have the self-control (barely) to wait until Sunday to start reading the rest.
Awesome!

Javahead
3 years 5 hours ago

I meant to wait for this weekend to get it. Made the mistake of reading the free online chapters early this morning. Skipped breakfast & read till time to head to work Now suffering acute how-will-it-finish-itis. Thanks, Larry.

Chris
3 years 4 hours ago

Just downloaded mine. This is what is called a happy dilemma. It’s great to get it now, but in Sept. there will be bit of a let down because I will already have it. The obvious solution is for Larry to hurry up and have the next one ready by then!!! Vite, vite,schnell! :-)

JP
3 years 1 hour ago

I just finished!! I was great! BUT DAM YOU!! YOU BETTER HAVE THE NEXT IN THE PIPE LINE SOON!!!

You done good Larry, but damn your hide for the cliff hangar at the end… :-D

Stuart Brown

Curse you Larry! It’s 3:05 in the morning and I just finished MHL. I could not put it down. It was fantastic, but now I’ve got to wait a year or more for the next one. Write faster!

Lee

Finished it last night, want the next one NOW!
What a great book.
Since I went to the effort of complaining about the quality of the proof-reading/spell-checking in the digital release version of Dead Six its only fair that I compliment you on the really high quality of this e-arc.
No notable spelling mistakes/ wrong words, no fractured sentences or characters answering themselves that I noticed.
If every digital book was this well presented I’d need to go find a new soapbox to stand on.

I just got it yesterday (I had to wait for payday), and I’m about halfway through (I had to recharge my Nook – what a time for the battery to run dry, but it probably kept me from staying up ’till 3am this time). I’m loving it so far.

And without giving too much away, I have to agree that when an EOD tech, a demolitions expert, and the company’s weaponsmith are improvising a device, and the phrases “Ooh, good idea.” and “Brilliant!” uttered, a wide perimeter is probably a Really Good Idea. I was giggling even before the denouement of that little scene!

Keep ‘em coming!

Thanks for the “heads up”. Saw this today. Bought it today. ‘Will have to wait ’til Friday night to read it, because work is insane right now.

Jay

Hey Larry. Excellent read as usual. Next time you’re in Las Vegas doing research you should check out the Atomic Testing Museum. It’s a couple miles off the strip, but way more interesting than the usual Vegas stuff. http://www.nationalatomictestingmuseum.org Seems like it would be right up the alley of many of your readers.

CPTP

Excellent read! One of the best in the series. As one of your blog followers it was particularly neat to see all the contest teams showing up (sticks of fire, grim Berlin, white eagle (not Cerberus? Even with the big Greek guy? Damn you Larry!!)) Very captivating and well paced. Could work as a stand alone novel, but readers must read the first 3 and the Tanya short to get the full experience. Looking forward to the next one and seeing what comes from (SPOILERS?) the demon mentioned in the epilogue of MHZ. (END SPOILER) Thanks, and keep up the good work..

Kristopher

So … when is Gretchen going to fix Mosh’s hand?

Frank

Resisted the urge to buy the eARC as long as I could. That would be a length of time measured in hours.

Then stretched the reading of it out as long as I could. Again, that would be a length of time measured in hours.

Now, I have to wait for more new material. I HATE that it’s not a length of time measured in hours.

Sigh.

Noreplyguy

Fished Vendetta last week and Alpha yesterday and I thought it was awesome! Looking forward to more. I guess I’ll have to check out your other stuff.

Well done sir. Well done.

King

I find myself in a very uncomfortable situation here. I’ve only ever bought the audio books for MHI and I don’t want to break the chain by getting this, but this forces me to remember how far away the release really is. I know if it bothers me so much I should just bite the bullet and read one of these for a change but it feels like slapping tradition in the face.

dyingearth

Larry, you must not want this book to be adopted into a movie. The scale of the set piece combat you got in this book will be too expensive to be make on screen. Well, I got a pretty good mind to paint the picture in my head, though I’d love to watch it on the movie.