OUT NOW! Monster Hunter Legion eARC is available!

I just found out that the Monster Hunter Legion eARC is now available.Β  http://www.baenebooks.com/p-1672-monster-hunter-legion-earc.aspx

Keep in mind that this is the Advanced Reader Copy. Which means that it will still have a few tweaks that need to be made, but this is pretty much it folks. You can now read MHL 4 months early. πŸ™‚

Tell your friends!Β  And then let me know what you think.

MONSTER HUNTER LEGION eARC is out
I forgot how fun this story was

66 Comments on "OUT NOW! Monster Hunter Legion eARC is available!"

bigdeville2000
bigdeville2000

Awesome, I am on my way to purchase it!!!! I already have the autographed dead tree copy pre-ordered, but your books are good enough that I am will to buy them twice.

Parrothead Jeff

I’ve been waiting for this for a long time πŸ˜‰
It’s now purchased and will be read ASAP! Now I just need to find the time to read it while packing and moving to UT…

Nicholas Tatum
Nicholas Tatum

Larry, the Missile Tech. division of the USS Pennsylvania thanks you for giving us the next installment of one of the most entertaining series ever. I am absolutely stoked to read Legion from cover to cover on my next duty day. Whats Memorial Day weekend with a bit of monster killing and mindless watch on the worlds most destructive weapons platform ever?

Boris Todorovic

Got it.Huraaaaaa

Joe in PNG
Joe in PNG

And just in time for the weekend…

Joe in PNG
Joe in PNG

…and done. Wow, it just keeps on getting better and better.

Desert Rat
Desert Rat

Well, there goes my weekend.

In other news, WOO HOO! Monster Hunter Legion is out!

WillamMT
WillamMT

I have a signed one ordered. Can’t wait for it so I had to buy this one too =P

JFM
JFM

Crap Larry! I have a list of things to do this weekend that’s a mile long and you drop this on us! Oh well, every marrige has it’s ups and downs. I’m sure she’ll forgive me, maybe, someday.

The only BOOK of yours I’ve bought was MHI all the rest are e-ARCs.

tuco
tuco

Does this mean we get to find out who the winners of the patch contest are?

CPTP
CPTP
4 years 1 month ago

Yes, though this is an e-ARC so there may be small changes between it and final copy.

Roscoe
Roscoe

The reunion between Owen and you-know-who was outstanding! I’ve been waiting on that for months.

Tommy
Tommy

To paraphrase Patton, Larry Correia, you magnificent bastard, I’ve read your book!
And it was awesome!
πŸ˜€

Scott
Scott

Larry,
See this time I’m going to be patient and wait until it come out in Sep…..dang it….how did it get in my kindle all of a sudden. Oh well, I guess since you went to all that trouble to write it, I’ll have to just at least take a peek…just a little peek…dang it….

πŸ™‚

-Scott

J Barrentine
J Barrentine

OMG YES. Bought, sent to kindle, causing great happiness πŸ˜€

peavybob
peavybob

Perfect timing. I just finished my copy of Alpha yesterday. thanks for the heads up;

Sebastian
Sebastian

agh I downloaded it, but somehow got monster hunter vendetta.

SirBrass
SirBrass
Larry, I have to ask (and no this contains no real spoilers of MHL): is there a restaurant like the one Owen & co. are visiting in their Vegas hotel? I’m not a huge eater like owen, but the imagery concocted got me salivating. Plus, huge restaurant rotating in a mini-mall kind of place… it’s plausible. Just wondering if you dreamed it up (nothing wrong with that other than…. damn it, I want a place like that to exist!) or was it based on some actual place you know of or been to? Also, one minor point from MHA: I… Read more »
Murgy
Murgy

Both the E-arc & the Great Big Book of Larry (Part 1) say “Two years.”

Pg 790 on my e-arc.
Pg 1187 in TGBBOL(p1)

Foreshadowing – yep you haz it.

Have you got your book tour planned out for MHL, yet?
Surely you still have Phoenix on the list, right?

Old Windways
Old Windways

I have a question about e-arcs. I realize they are “advanced reader copies” and that there will be edits made between this stage and the print copies. Does the e-arc get updated when the final print revision is done, or is it permanently in a “advanced” state?

I have already ordered a signed copy but am thinking about picking up the e-version this weekend.

P.S. do e-arc sales count at all in the stats as far as best sellers?

Desert Rat
Desert Rat

Just finished Legion. How freaking awesome is that book? You did a great job, Larry. Crazy excitement, fun, and cover-to-cover thrills. The MHI world is really become a strong, vibrant setting, full of great characters. Even the minor characters are strong and interesting.

So many good things I’d like to talk about, but I refuse to give out spoilers and ruin it for everyone else.

Thank you to Baen, once again, for releasing the e-arc and not making me wait another three months to read this. I hate waiting.

poobie

Loved it. Can’t say more without nasty spoilers. Roll Tide.

steve
steve

Larry, do you want to hear about typo’s and such in the eArc?

peavybob
peavybob

Read through MHL. Really loved it. I feel like I’m missing something though. I remember when you put the Tanya Princess of Elves short story up here, but was there another one I missed about what happened after that?

Mark Love
Mark Love

Just finished it. Once again, bloody good job!

Chris Sandvick
Chris Sandvick

You know you’ve spent to much time in Vegas going to professional conferences when you read about Ick-mip and go “I’d LOVE to read more about that!”. And who doesn’t love the fancy buffets!

Peter O
Peter O

Just Finished. but GAH! leaving them MIA? You are a horrible, horrible bastard.

SirBrass
SirBrass

DAMN IT! No spoilers! πŸ˜›

Cathy
Cathy

Isn’t that a HUGE spoiler?? Maybe you could delete this comment for those who haven’t seen it yet.

peavybob
peavybob

That’s no spoiler. You have no idea who gets left MIA or in what circumstances. Thats just a premptive cliffhanger and makes you want to read it more.

Overload in CO
Overload in CO

Which would you prefer: I buy the eARC, or I buy the Hardback?

CPTP
CPTP
4 years 1 month ago

Both!

Actually if you read above Larry addresses this in his response to ‘Old Windways’ post. Basically he makes more money off of the E-ARC bus E-ARC sales do.t affect the best seller ranking.

gtashmore

I have been waiting a year to read about Owen & Jason ‘s reunion but I hate E-Books—-DAMN!!!

Graham

I know you’d rather we buy the hardcover, but since I have the first three in paperback and I’m OCD about a uniform collection, when will the paperback come out?

(If it helps to know, I’m buying all the Grimnoirs in hardcover πŸ™‚ )

perlhaqr
4 years 1 month ago

I have this same problem.

J Barrentine
J Barrentine

I’m going to go ahead and cast Jaime Pressly from ‘My Name Is Earl’ as Holly Newcastle right now. She’s perfect for the part and every time I read her in the books I hear Jaime’s firey southern drawl from Earl.

Old Windways
Old Windways

I always pictured her looking more like the buxom blonde from Reno 911, Jamie Pressly just seems a little too skinny for the role in my head.

Joe in PNG
Joe in PNG

Plus, Tanya seems a bit more like a younger Jamie to me- that whole ‘trailer park princess’ thing she has in ‘Earl’.

steve
steve

I think Tanya is a fantastic character, and I’m looking forward to all the trouble she’s going to get into with Edward.

Somebody needs to let Skippy know she’s part of the MHI tribe now, so he quits trying to kill her.

joe
joe
4 years 1 month ago

I was thinking Blossom Pear or maybe Sheila Hershey or maybe Sabrina Sabrok. (but then my motto has always been Go BIG or go home)

Collin Shaneyfelt

great now my whole summer reading list is gonna be pushed back

Scott
Scott

Is the Miami MHI branch busy in Vegas, cause it looks like the zombie apocalypse is starting without them:

Naked man killed by Police near MacArthur Causeway was β€˜eating’ face off victim – Miami-Dade – MiamiHerald.com

-Scott

Collin Shaneyfelt

Only in Florida

Cadeyrn
Cadeyrn
Read the eArc. Teriffic book! Now… we wait. Yes, the hardest part. You’ve been enormously busy with MHL and presumably Hard Magic III – Brute Harder. We’ll have to wait for Swords of Exodus before you cycle back around to MHI. Oh, woe is me, I must read all of the others, then re-read for new releases. Woe! πŸ™‚ Semi-seriously, if sending you that weird civet coffee will make the words fly faster, I’m all for taking up a collection. On the other hand, if it would make you retch uncontrollably, we’ll have to come up with another plan… maybe… Read more »
SirBrass
SirBrass

Or we could insist that Kupari take on more sections of the next Dead Six novel, so Larry would have fewer segments to write before he’s done with it and then get back to writing our addiction which is MHI πŸ˜›

LepusKhan
LepusKhan
4 years 1 month ago

You left out the Ringo collaboration… the good news is that his day job has hired him some help so there is that…

SirBrass
SirBrass
Okay, so even with going to Phx Comicon all day Saturday, I finished off MHL eARC this evening after church. LOVED IT. Aside from the mistakes which can be corrected after proofreading by Baen editors. A few minor errors, such as some word order stuff and voice change (improper messing with active/passive), but nothing a decent proofread by a fresh set of professional editing eyes won’t pick up. I do have to say that this definitely feels shorter than MHI, MHV, or MHA. True, it could be due to the amount of action and time simply flew by… except that… Read more »
akjfm
akjfm

You are a horrible, horrible man. Missing SHOT?

The book was great, looking forward to the war. I’m sure you have the books already plotted out, but I REALLY liked MHA and Earl as the protagonist. Maybe another book from the werewolf side?

Larry, may you have a long and successful writing career!

J Barrentine
J Barrentine

You’re not the only one. I really think Alpha was the best book so far.

LepusKhan
LepusKhan
4 years 1 month ago

The next one (Monster Hunter Nemesis) is supposed to be similar to Alpha in that it focuses on one character instead of the whole gang. And hearing Franks’ complete back story? THAT’S the one I can’t wait for…

CMB
CMB

For some reason I have trouble reading STFU as Special Task Force: Unicorn. Why do I think you planned it that way? πŸ˜›

Sebastian
Sebastian

Awesome story, quick question, in Legion I think it says that Trip’s zombies were a result of a vodoo priest, while in International it says “Priestess”. Just me thinking it?

Rob H
Rob H

Hey Larry, this is unrelated, but how might we contact you with questions not related to a recent post or not related to any post?

albucsfan
4 years 1 month ago

Big fun! thanks for another good one!

NTNR
NTNR
4 years 1 month ago

Just started reading the book and am loving it so far!

opfor6
opfor6
4 years 1 month ago

Bought the eARC. Can you please tell us who won the patch contest?