mhi_blog_header2_0

Fun with Photos Time

Edit: WordPress is being really weird with photos lately. I had these seperate with captions on each, but that post got eaten. Well, we’ve got guns, guns, and more guns, lots of new MHI tattos and misc MH logos showing up in various places, all from fans.

I always say the same thing to anybody that wants to use my logo for anything. Go for it, as long as: A. it is for personal use and you’re not making money off of my stuff, and B. You send me a picture to put on the blog.

The tattoos are awesome. I’m not a tat guy myself, but more power to you if you are into that. I’ve got to say that as a writer, seeing somebody put your stuff on their body kind of blows my mind. That’s incredibly humbling.

The jersey picture is from Craig Outzen, who will be one of the shooters on 3 Gun Nation next season. According to Craig, I helped introduce him to 3gun competition a long time ago. We competed together a lot, but then I got busy/lazy and fell off, while Craig got better and better, and now he’s one of the top shooters in the country.  Note the happy face on the jersey however. :)

The mini was painted this weekend while listening to the Spellbound audiobook. I’m getting better at this hobby. I call him My Little Oni (he seems like a jolly guy), and I’m sure he’ll be menacing Writer Nerd Game Night soon enough.

17 Responses to Fun with Photos Time

1. kylagwolf says:

I know Bill sent you a picture of the Monster Hunter shirts we made up for us and a friend and wore to comic con but not sure if you got it or not. If not let me know and I will see what we can do to get it to you!

2. Dave H says:

Have you licensed the M.H.I. logo to anybody who makes handgun grips? I don’t have the skill to make my own, but I’d sure like a set.

• correia45 says:

Not licensed, but many people have done it. I know that several people have done Alumagrips with it.

3. I like the bumper sticker, you should sell those.

4. JC says:

Not a happy face! Is inverted angry penguin!

5. I’ve ordered a York Arms receiver with the MHI logo (not the one in the picture – serial and safety verbiage are different); looks like it’s going to turn out great!

6. Pretty cool. Love your books, but the tattooed people, I would say those are true fans. From a person who decorates cakes as a hobby, I must admit I really like the cake that someone made. Completely impressed that you can paint those tiny sculptures at all. My hands would shake so much it would look like a 2-year-old hopped up on Mountain Dew painted it. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

7. joe says:

You need to get the wiki page for Sic Transit gloria Mundi edited.

It mentions not the motto of MHI.

8. Brian Lewis says:

In order to paint a figure that small you got to have the patience of a saint, the eye of an artist, and the steady hand of a surgeon. Which are skills none of which I possess.

9. steve says:

Brand loyalty:

It’s one thing when people will buy merchandise with your logo.

It’s another thing entirely when they’ll tattoo it on their bodies.

10. joe says:

We need MHI bumper stickers and auto Glass Stickers

I already have a Zombie Response Vehicle sticker I need an MHI campus pass and team sticker for the back window of my car.

11. Mike says:

I’m just waiting for the tabletop RPG based on either of your franchises. You know people, Larry, make it happen!