More reasons why the Occupy movement sucks and is lame

Best photo ever, from the NY Post/Matthew McDermott

The above picture is from when an Occupie interrupted the swearing in ceremony for newly elected congressman Bob Turner at a high school in queens. Who the hell heckles a swearing in ceremony? Adam Weissmann and three other clueless protestors, that’s who. (there’s Adam pictured above, looking highly befuddled) Turner is the guy that replaced Wiener in a special election, and Wiener was a dirt bag, so I don’t really know what they were protesting. Equal rights for dirt bags? Anyway, it is rather uncouth to interrupt a swearing in ceremony, so a former Marine, former NYPD, guy named Kevin Hiltunen (pictured above whooping ass, old school) dragged the Occupie out and tossed him in the street. “I guess you could say I sorted him out.”

I would have to agree, Kevin. He looks pretty sorted out to me. Good work. The half of America that works for a living is going to print this picture and frame it.

Clueless, whiny, obnoxious, annoying, smelly, and rapey… That’s a great recipe for success right there.

I keep getting told that the Occupy Wall Street is a legitimate political movement, every bit as legitimate as the Tea Party… Just with more rapes, murders, shootings, riots, tuberculosis outbreaks, public sex, rampant drug use, drug overdoses, and still no real coherent message other than “We want more stuff!”

I went by the Occupy Salt Lake encampment the other day. I was surprised by how tiny it was. It was just a little cluster of tents. I’ve been to ward scout camps that were bigger. The local Ren Fair is bigger… Yet, they’re still managing to have fatalities. That’s quite the ringing endorsement. Listen to our ideas, but as soon as you put us in charge people will die mysteriously, you’ll get raped but we won’t report it, and then you can catch a 19th century disease! Yay!

I’ve been told repeatedly by people on Facebook that I am wrong to insult OWS because they have some “good points” and how the Tea Party should totally work with them, because we want “the same thing.”

No. We. Don’t.  We can agree that cronyism is bad, but the proposed solutions are completely divergent. The Tea Party wants smaller government. OWS wants (as far as anyone can tell because they still don’t have a coherent message) a government that can do absolutely everything for them. Leave me alone vs. Fix all my bad choices for me. We pay too much in taxes vs. Eat the rich and give me their stuff. Freedom vs. Fairness. These ideals are opposite ends of the spectrum. There is no middle ground here.

The argument that they are the same because both sides agree that there is a problem is absurd. I’m sure plenty of Russians thought that the Tsar was wrong, but that didn’t make Lenin the right answer. Anyone who says that the two sides are morally equivalent is delusional.

Both sides agree that the body politic is unhealthy. The Tea Party solution is to replace the defective parts and put the body on a diet. The OWS solution is to transplant its brain with a cabbage. Then set it on fire.

Where were the cries last year that everyone who was unhappy with the current economic situation should listen to the Tea Party, because they had a legitimate complaint? Funny, I don’t remember those. Right wing group says that problem X exists, insult them and mock those crazies. Left wing group says that problem X exists, then we should all respectfully agree that X is a serious problem and have a dialog about what to do about X, even though the left wing solution to X rewards the people that caused X, and then makes X ten times worse.

That’s the thing that irks me the most about OWS.  Comparing how they get treated in the media narrative against how competing movements are portrayed. The Tea Party are violent, racist extremists, with an extreme agenda, who want to lynch minorities, and if the government does what they want then we’ll go back to the dark ages, all the old folks will die, children will starve, and so they can all burn in hell, those racist bastards.  On the other hand, OWS demonstrates that the government needs to do more, and that people are suffering in these tough times, and that greed is bad m’kay, and that we should totally feel sorry for these poor people, and if only all those awful rich people would give up their stuff, then everybody could be happy together.

Sure, that’s simplified, but look at how either side is talked about on any story, any issue, in the vast majority of the media and see if it doesn’t fit those basic parameters. Obviously it isn’t limited to just Tea Party vs. OWS. I’m still amazed by the comments about Herman Cain’s “Predatory Black Sexuality” on MSNBC, which was about the stupidest, most actually racist thing I’ve heard in a long time… Besides, everybody that reads this blog when I post my hate mail knows that I’m the one stealing all the white women.

The narrative gets repeated and repeated and repeated until all the stupid people just swallow it unthinkingly. The other day I posted on Twitter, “Remember when the Tea Party had all those rapes? Yeah, me too. Thanks CNN.”  And I immediately got a reply that “No, but I remember when that Tea Party guy shot a congresswoman in the face!”  What? Seriously? Okay… Bear with me, you ill informed ass muppet… If you will recall a lunatic dissatisfied nut job that was so in his own world that he really didn’t fit in with any rational political philosophy and didn’t belong to any particular group (but loved him some Karl Marx) shot some people because the voices in his head told him too, this was IMMEDIATELY shouted from the rooftops as definitive PROOF that the Tea Party was as evil as the media said they are.  (And it was all Sarah Palin’s fault.)

Sure, afterwards it came out that the guy wasn’t affiliated with them in any way, shape, or form, but the narrative had been set, and here we are all this time later and morons are still parroting it. If you can’t find actual bad stuff, make some up.

However, we’re supposed to dismiss the over three thousand arrests at various Occupy movements? I’m supposed to be furious at the Oakland PD, because a poor, picked on, former Marine was severely injured by their horrid police brutality? (sure, he’d been drummed out of the Marines for drug abuse, ran a website about how the military sucks, and I personally find that I experience far fewer severe head injuries when I chose not to engage in battle with riot cops, but whatever).

We’re supposed to ignore that rapes and sexual assaults are rampant, and that the OWS people were trying to handle them without involving law enforcement? From the New York Post, “We don’t tell anyone. We handle it internally. I said too much already.” A few weeks ago when I posted that on Twitter I had several angry people demanding links, like I’d just made up these totally baseless allegations, because surely, if all these horrible things were so common, they would’ve heard about it on the regular news! My answer was to put Rape at Occupy Wall Street into Google and get ready for lots of reading.

I want you to imagine with me for a moment that one half of one percent of the same type of criminal activity that has occurred at an Occupy event were to have occurred at any Tea Party event. Now imagine the media coverage…

There is a fundamental difference in character between the two sides. By their fruits ye shall know them. Sadly, the media is totally incapable of understanding that concept.

And for my closing statement, here is video of someone at Occupy Seattle shitting on a public sidewalk.

Future book stuff from me, available on for preorder now
What my D6 coauthor did on Veteran's Day

65 Comments on "More reasons why the Occupy movement sucks and is lame"

Rob Crawford
Rob Crawford
5 years 20 days ago

The press coverage is the absolute most maddening thing. How can these people pose as “objective” when they’re so obviously in the tank?

michaelzwilliamson
5 years 20 days ago

So, Mr Weissman doesn’t like trade with China. I presume then he opposed Bill Clinton, who pushed through the current trade status. He doesn’t like bailing out banks. I presume then he opposes mr 0bama, who has done quite a bit of that.

richard mcenroe (@richard_mcenroe)

He doesn’t like trade with China but I noticed he wasn’t nekkid…

crazytuco
crazytuco

I love the video.

Finally someone makes a clear statement as to what this Occupy thing is all about.

An ugly public action where ultimately nothing comes out.

Monte
Monte
5 years 20 days ago

My solution for clearing these protests is;
1. Encapsulate and detain all perps, after one warning.
2. Process each twit in turn, ID check, Photo, DNA swab, fingerprint, blood test, and TB test.
Since there have been rapes, murders, illicit drug use, out breaks of TB and such, hazard waste disposal on public and private lands. The goal is to identify each and every person involved.
Bet the OWS’s would make a covey of quail look slow. 😉

Joe in PNG
Joe in PNG
5 years 20 days ago

Me, I’d put a fence around this zoo and charge admission.

“To your left is the Hippie Classic. This ancient relic hasn’t bathed since 1967, so I’d advise you to hold your breath.”
“Now over here we have the Unemployable Professional Grad Student… she’s rather angry that her degree in the Semiotics of Transgendered Polynesian Basket Weaving has left her with $65,000 in student loan debts and absolutely no job prospects…”

LepusKhan
LepusKhan

LOL

Joe in PNG
Joe in PNG

Caption time!

-“Don’t drag me, bro!”

-“HELP, HELP I’M BEING REPRESSED!”

-“Always wash hands after taking out the trash!” (seriously, I think it would be safer from a biological standpoint to soak your hands in sewage from a 3rd world cholera treatment center than to grab onto this guy’s coat)

NTNR
NTNR
5 years 20 days ago

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Couldn’t have said it better myself!

Joseph Capdepon II
Joseph Capdepon II

“Don’t repress me bro!”

Scott Deering
Scott Deering

When I first saw that picture I thought:

“Gee, someone is doing a live reenactment of what happens when some gets on Agent Frank’s badside…’Noooo…I didn’t say anything…i swear…'”

🙂

Joe in PNG
Joe in PNG
5 years 20 days ago

Great, now I want Larry to write a short story revolving around an OWS group, a zombie outbreak, and Agent Franks being himself.

LittleRed1
LittleRed1
5 years 19 days ago

How about an Agent Franks vs. OWS Christmas (or whatever holiday observance you hold near the time of the northern hemisphere’s winter solstice) story? Please, pretty please?

Kristopher
5 years 19 days ago

I think Agent Franks vs. OWS has potential, as well.

Cathy
Cathy
5 years 19 days ago

I love that idea! We need a Franks vs OWS short story. Seriously!

Janir
5 years 19 days ago

Yes a short story of Agent Franks vs an OWS protester for a nice Christmas present for your loyal fans!

Robl
5 years 17 days ago

Spot on! Franks vs an OWS zombie horde.
He’s .gov right? The Owsers just luv them some empowered .gov action.

Fritz
Fritz
5 years 14 days ago

Agent Franks Cleans up OWS…..Zombie outbreaks of the unclean!

Guy Wheelock
Guy Wheelock
5 years 12 days ago

Q: “How do you tell a zombie outbreak from a OWS encampment?”
A: “The ‘zoms have better hygine; better morals and a friendlier disposition; but the OWS has better publicity”

Jennifer

Yes! Exactly.

Leon
Leon
5 years 20 days ago

Occupy Whatever should be called the “We want your stuff” movement.

NTNR
NTNR
5 years 20 days ago

It’s the crybaby movement.

Patrick Mullane
Patrick Mullane
5 years 20 days ago

Well, think of it as an experiment in Darwinian selection, especially if the winter snows arrive in NYC.

MikeGregg
MikeGregg
5 years 20 days ago

When this first started, the Democrats rushed to embrace the movement. They thought they had a counter to the Tea Party.
To quote:
Clueless, whiny, obnoxious, annoying, smelly, and rapey

Yep, they’re Democrats.

And Mr. Hiltunen, way to put the OW in OWS!

Otpu
Otpu
5 years 20 days ago

I’m currently watching FOX new’s coverage of today’s Occupy Wall Street They’re gone-They’re back-No they’re really really gone for good this time kerfuffle.

It goes much better if you have this little ditty playing in the background.

otpu

Otpu
Otpu

www(.)youtube(.)com(/)watch?v=kslHr7_9Zac

URL didn’t take. It’s the Eagles “Get Over It”

Most Fine!

Joe in PNG
Joe in PNG
5 years 20 days ago

One could also speed up the roust and play “Yackity Sax”…

RES
RES
5 years 20 days ago

The NY Post, like Fox News, is owned by Rupert Murdoch. Therefore everything they “report” can be dismissed as vile calumny and proof that the OWS are … oh heck, I can’t bring myself to type “the embodiment of sweetness & light” there even for satirical purpose.

kylagwolf
5 years 20 days ago
I don’t get the whole attitude by the mainstream press right now. How they can be all lovey dovey with the whole OWS thing is beyond me. I started to cheer when they started clearing them out of the camps.The one here in San Diego has cause some small business owners to almost lose their businesses. I have no pity for the protesters what so ever. I also find it funny they are screaming about the evil capitalistic system yet there are more big name brand name clothing and every digital gadget known to man at the protests. As to… Read more »
NTNR
NTNR
5 years 19 days ago

The media is biased, hence why they’ve made a circus out the OWS nonsense. Had it not been given any media attention it wouldn’t have lasted a week.

CC
CC
5 years 20 days ago

Good Lord, it’s bad enough that these OWS dipshits are already stinking up my town. But this dude his malodorous misfit morons have to come to my old neighborhood now, too?

Do us all a favor and occupy some gainful employment.

Guy Wheelock
Guy Wheelock
5 years 12 days ago

They ARE doing us a favor by NOT having “gainful employment”.

I mean – do you REALLY want to get your fries from someone like that?

DaCurlyWolf
5 years 20 days ago

Hmm..fundamental difference. Yep some of us can think for ourselves. As far as the Mainly Sewage Media? *shrug** I stopped listening to them for anything other than local news…oh..right about the time fox came into being. Strange coinkey dink that.

Netpackrat
5 years 20 days ago

Adam Weissmann: I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Newbius
5 years 19 days ago

“Rape at Occupy Wall Street” – 65,900,000 Google hits of actual stories and commentary about real events.
“Rape at Tea Party” – 9,000,000 hits, and all of them are either: stories comparing the non-violent Tea Party event to actual rapes at OWS events, or Left-wing stories about how the Tea Party intends to “Rape Government Programs into submission”. Really.

stevepoling (@stevepoling)
5 years 19 days ago

Isn’t there a line in Animal House where the dean says, “Clueless, whiny, obnoxious, annoying, smelly, and rapey is no way to go through life, son.”

Or was it John Wayne who said, “Life’s hard. It’s harder when you’re clueless, whiny, obnoxious, annoying, smelly, and rapey.”

I think you’ve got something.

Brian Lewis
Brian Lewis
5 years 19 days ago

These OWS assclowns would make a zombie puke.

Monte
Monte
5 years 19 days ago

Here’s a scene for Larry; A pack of werewolves attack a an OWS encampment. As the werewolves start eating, they start throwing up, rolling in the dirt, twitching, etc.
It’s MAD COW disease ! 😉

Wilhelm Durand
5 years 19 days ago
The Tea Party believes in the system, I think foolishly, and thus tries to participate in the noble way that they’ve been taught works (but totally doesn’t). I used to be a part of the Tea Party, but am no longer affiliated, and I know a bit of what it’s like to be on the ground floor. OWS understands the system as it actually works, if only on an unconscious level: Shit on the sidewalk, piss off police officers, and then whine and cry as they drag you away. These images get sent off to the media, embarrass law enforcement… Read more »
winc
winc
5 years 19 days ago

It saddens me to think you may be right. Conservatives have never been as apt at fighting dirty as liberals. I don’t think I could act like this OWS rabble — my parents raised me to believe it was just wrong to behave like that.

DaCurlyWolf
5 years 19 days ago

Re: the video. Wow. Where’s a boy walking nearby with an air rifle, a knack for ironic amusement, and a sense of justice when you need one. *pop* ‘ow that stung!” *pop* “ow what the fuck?” *pop* ‘clean up after yourself animal’ *pop..pop..pop.*

Overload in CO
Overload in CO
5 years 19 days ago

Look at the press coverage of Oscar Ortega-Hernandez, the guy who shot at the White House. One says he wasn’t a member, but that he infiltrated the group for a few days. Another says he may have spent time with Occupy DC. It doesn’t matter if he was or not, but it’s how it’s being reported in these first few days.
So different than the AZ shooting.

richard mcenroe (@richard_mcenroe)

That old Marine ain’t so freaking tough. He threw the guy underhand.

Please tell me Oscar used a Fast and Furious gun. Because that would be AWESOME.

DaveP.
DaveP.
5 years 19 days ago

Oh, I just LOVE the OWS folks, and you should too. They’re like Mike Moore back in 2004: they’re worth a good half-dozen electoral votes for the nonObama candidate just standing there.

SETH STRONG
5 years 18 days ago
Larry Doesn’t have a clue about this movement and obviously neither do many of the people posting here. Love his books though. The Following Written By William Rivers Pitt: Let’s get a few things straight right from the jump. First of all, despite all the gleeful obituaries that have been appearing across the scabrous landscape of the “mainstream” news media, the Occupy movement is not, in fact, over. Mayor Michael Bloomberg may have sent in cops like thieves in the night to dispossess peaceful protesters and destroy books in New York City, but there are hundreds of Occupy camps still… Read more »
Desert Rat
Desert Rat
5 years 18 days ago
So, Seth, what you essentially are saying is: “I don’t have any actual ideas of my own, so I’m just going to post a long-winded communist screed by a long-winded communist activist because I haven’t got the ability to define my personal beliefs in my own words or come up with any decent arguments of my own.” Gotcha. Thanks, but no thanks. I don’t care about anything this commie douche thinks about anything. If you want me to be interested, tell me what YOU think, in your own words. Show me that your words are worth reading. Don’t just say… Read more »
RES
RES
5 years 18 days ago

Crikey, Seth, the Occupants even lost The Daily Show: http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-november-16-2011/occupy-wall-street-divided

BTW, Seth: Econ 101 – corporations don’t pay taxes, ever. Corporate taxes are just one more cost, like labor and raw materials and regulatory compliance, that they pass along to the end user, aka the consumer aka the 99%.

Ron Boutwell
5 years 13 days ago
Blah blah blah, more liberal “I don’t have the balls to compete so I will simply try to take what you have” horse dung. Grow up. Your parents raised you to believe you were something special and you believed it. So you got a worthless degree in Women’s Studies or Sanskrit and now you cannot figure out why you didn’t get the $100K a year job with a company car. Boo hoo! Learn from the mistake, step back, make a new plan and do a better job this time. Stop crying and realize what your parents failed to teach you.… Read more »
Kristopher
5 years 10 days ago

Hey Seth …

They don’t have a message! They need a message! They’re nothing without a message!

You can try to slap me at any time, buttercup.

John Brown
5 years 18 days ago

Larry, this is one of the funniest posts you’ve written, buddy.

@ SETH STRONG

Here’s the difference between the Tent People and the Tea Partiers.

The Tea Partiers went to work and got something done. The Tent People whine and take dumps in the park.

You want to help the poor?

Get to work.

Nobody’s stopping you or any of the other Tent People from becoming a banker or wall street scuz with money popping out your eyeballs. Or (the horror, the horror) a corporation. Or even a dentist.

You want money?

Get out of the porta potty and get to work.

John Brown
5 years 18 days ago

To help you and the other Tent People see the possibilites, look here. The Wall Street Journal posted data on majors and pay and unemployment. Make a smart choice and retool.

Or start a company where you actually provide some value lots of people want.

Quit bellyaching about people who were rewarded for their efforts.

Joe in PNG
Joe in PNG
5 years 18 days ago
Set, do you want the truth? Wall Street, with the help and nudging of the Government, just gave the people what they wanted. People wanted houses they couldn’t afford, so here’s a goofy ARM (backed by Fanny) to get you started… even though your credit rating is in the single digits. People wanted college degrees in the fluffy sciences, so here’s a Federal Government backed student loan so you can get that Masters in the Semiotics of Transgendered Polynesian Basket Weaving. No, the college prof won’t tell you that the market for those with this degree is exactly nil. And,… Read more »
Mister_V
Mister_V
5 years 18 days ago
Seth Strong, Here’s a reality check for you. Nobody’s afraid of you, you aren’t bringing down the evil corporations, and you aren’t changing the face of America. You are not Rosa Parks. You are not Che Guevara. You aren’t even Guy Fawkes. You are smelly hippies living in tents. At best, you are an annoyance. Get over yourself and stop masturbating over how heroic you think you are. The only effects you are having are negative ones. You aren’t hurting corporations; the only people you are hurting are the cops who have to be pulled away from real work to… Read more »
John Brown
5 years 18 days ago

General Electric can’t get $3.2 billion handouts from the taxpayers if you don’t support the politicians who make it happen.

Amen, to that!

Nick
Nick
5 years 18 days ago
LittleRed1
LittleRed1
5 years 17 days ago
Seth, I agree that corporate money and political interests have infiltrated government to the point that it is harming the truly private sector. So have government (Federal and to an extent state) unions and government-supported (UAW, IBAW, SIEU) unions, and federal regulations. However, I heartily disagree with 1)the OWS groups’ tactics. 2)The lack of instant condemnation for the neo-N@zis and hard Communists and anti-Semites who have pledged support for OWS. 3) The destruction of private property and vandalism that serves no purpose. “But those are not really members of OWS,” according to “real members of OWS?” Then why was nothing… Read more »
Rauðbjorn
5 years 17 days ago

#1. Rabble without even the will to riot properly are not a political movement.

#2. If you really want to see how to properly occupy something, read up on the Bonus Expeditionary Force.

#3. Stop whining, it makes you look like a child and really pisses off people that are able and willing even, to help you deal with the crushing debt that your degree in “Left-handed Lesbian Eskimo Albino Midget Studies” saddled you with.

Corey
Corey
5 years 17 days ago

Danny Elfman summed up the OWS types nicely in song over 20 years ago:

Caution, F-bomb at 2:08, otherwise safe.

Gordon
Gordon
5 years 17 days ago

The solution is not sleeping in a tent, it’s voting with your dollars. Today’s technology gives us all the ability to research the behaviour of corporations, right down to what they pay their CEOs. Build yourself a blacklist and stop supporting these corporate bad guys.

DON’t BUY THEIR STUFF!!!

Then make a green list of organizations whose behaviour you do support.

BUY THEIR STUFF!!!

Thus endeth the lesson.

Kristopher
5 years 10 days ago

Please publish this list of yours, so that I can support them fully by buying their stuff.

Kristopher
5 years 10 days ago

I also need your green list so I won’t make the mistake of supporting them by accident. Thanx.

Darcy
5 years 17 days ago

I live in Fort McMurray in Northern Alberta, so I figured we could expect a bunch of hippie protesters up here railing against the oil sands…..so far not a single peep which I find very telling.

Kristopher
5 years 10 days ago

They only protest seriously in places that have libtard governments.

They tried in Salt Lake City, got ordered out, and when they failed to leave, the cops hauled them off and the city used top loaders to level their Obamaville and haul it to the dump.

trackback

[…] was willing to pitch some grade A ridicule in the pinko / hippie movement’s face. “More reasons why the Occupy movement sucks and is lame” is […]

Scott Deering
Scott Deering
5 years 4 days ago

Here is another take on this, though I thought Larry’s was just as good…

-Scott