The President says we're soft

“This is a great great country that had gotten a little soft and we didn’t have that same competitive edge that we needed over the last couple of decades,” Mr. Obama said in response to a question about the country’s economic future. “We need to get back on track.” – Barack Obama, http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/278769/wait-malaise-french-soft-jonah-goldberg

Yep. That’s it, Mr. President.  We’re soft. We’ve lost that competitve edge. We need to get back on track.

Let’s see, business is noncompetitive… Yet, during the last two years of my professional finance career, we have been through 6 different audits from 6 different government agencies. (total dollar value found to be owed to the government? Zero). As far as finance managers go, I’m not that weird.

Wow. I wonder what value I could’ve been adding to my company during that instead of creating multiple phone book sized reconcilliations that no government employee will actually ever read. However, if I’d failed to spend hundreds of hours producing these useless documents, we’d have gotten fined and put out of business.

WARNING: I am about to go on an angry tirade about why American business is not competitive. Spare me the useless offended emails about how not all government employees are bad. Dur. Of course they’re not all bad. Many of them are truly awesome people. I’ve worked with many impressive government employees who have conducted themselves with the utmost professionalism…. But even then there are a ton of you, and you’re all up in our business too. And even if you are one of these good, solid, reliable, smart, hard working government employees, you are also probably the first to admit that many of your coworkers suck.

Ask any businessman, you’ll get the same story. Assuming you can make your way through the paperwork process to actually start your business, the fun begins and never lets up. Heaven help you if your business actually does something that might involve a committee of bureacrats somewhere, because then you get to waste lots of time begging for permission to exist.

You want employees? Get ready for the DoL. Better get your EEOC reports done on time (one of the only places left where anyone actually gives a damn what color you are). When I opened my first business, I was rather surprised to discover that I had to contact 5 different state and federal entities before I could hire my first employee. You want to actually build something? Get ready for OHSA and the EPA. The approvals alone will eat up an eternity of time you could be productive. And you’d darn well better make sure you do your quarterly filings with the IRS and your state tax commission, or they will eat you.

And every time you turn around, there is a new regulation. Since there are like twenty different agencies that can screw with you on a whim, you’d better keep up on all of them. You need to know every clause! Not that that matters in real life anyway, because I’ve personally witnessed government employees totally ignore their own regulations and jerk a business owner around, usually through laziness or apathy, because it is easier than just doing their stupid job by the book.

Remember, no actual wrong doing on your part is required. Your company pops up on a list and now you get to spend hundreds of man hours kissing butt and playing fetch the report for a bureacrat, simply to earn the right to stay in business. You can be fined or shut down, all without breaking a law.

Once upon a time, I sent in a mandatory report to a federal agency (which shall remain nameless, because I may have to deal with them again and I know they’ve got at least one spiteful bastard on the payroll). We were in full compliance with the law. The numbers where what they were.

The federal employee did the math wrong when he entered it into the database. We received a warning and were threatened with a huge penalty. It took me (literally) six seconds to see what he had entered wrong. I explained it, and had to reexplain it, and reexplain it, and even sent color coded spreadsheets over, and for the next TWO MONTHS had a terrible penalty hanging over my head…

Because this bureacrat had made a mistake, KNEW he had made a mistake, but it was too much work for him to go back and fix his mistake… In the end there were multiple levels of government supervisors involved, lawyers and independant experts confirmed I was right all along, and still he was grasping at straws to somehow prove that we were in fact wrong, and he was right the whole time (because he had already said so to his manager, who also couldn’t be bother to actually look at the report). This went on and on, with various new odd ball ideas popping up to show how I had to be in violation (because he’d already said so, and it is really hard for him to go back and change that) up to and including accusing me of fraud.

The fraud one really got my goat, because he sent over this gigantic e-mail about “OMG why don’t these numbers match!!!” This one took me literally, and I’m not joking, 16 seconds to figure out what he was doing wrong, and we’re talking some basic Accounting 101 level, are you f’ing kidding me, level math.

Finally after hundreds of man hours of very expensive per hour dicking around, we got it all cleared up, “Oh… Yeah, I guess I did put that in the wrong column to begin with… Sorry. Oh, but since you showed up on the poopy list, next quarter you have to fill out this super gigantic poopy list paperwork that is totally mandatory.”

But at least I never had to deal with that employee again… Because he got promoted.

Yes, Mr. President, it must just be becasue America is soft.

Let’s see… We’ve lost our competitive edge… Even though Canada’s unemployement is lower than ours because they are actually tapping their natural resources instead of throwing billions of dollars at mythical green energy projects. In the same time period my little company got audited half a dozen times and passed, Solyndra got audited once by Price Waterhouse, failed miserably, and got half a BILLION bucks. One of these things is not like the other.  Maybe we need to start building solar panels, (or donating money and photo ops to the president).

Ken Salazar put thousands of men out of work in eastern Utah with the stroke of a pen. Then they did the same thing in the gulf. Now Canadians are having to hire Americans to fill all their many job openings. Think about that… Canada. Friggin’ Canada is kicking our asses! They were all like, “Hey, we’re all out of jobs, eh? But under our feet is stuff worth money. Maybe we should dig it up and sell it, eh?”

But we can’t do that, because global warming or something. Let’s see, liberals are the scientific ones–they are always quick to tell you–but their response to global warming is mandating energy products that don’t exist, cars that don’t run, and poisonous light bulbs, while we funnel billions and billions of dollars to crappy countries that don’t like us. BRILLIANT!  So, assuming that you guys are totally right on the science (which you aren’t) and that the whole thing isn’t a gigantic scam–like unto eugencis back in the day–to grab up more political power (which it is), the only possible solution to this huge problem is more government control of everything?

The same politicans that have saddled us with millions of pages of regulations, suck up all our time, and harrass us with bureacrats are also in bed with the unions, an institution which made wonderful sense back in ye olde tymes of child slave labor and rat flavored sausage, but now primarily exist to take money from their employees to funnel through their very wealthy leadership to democrat politicians, in order to ensure that the guy that sweeps the floor makes at least $60,000 and has full benefits from the day he retires until he dies in thirty years.

Yes, because that is going to keep you competive, Mr. President!

Look, you’re in a union, and you think it is awesome. Whatever. We don’t live in ye olde tymes. You think your job is treating you bad or your work conditions suck? FRIGGIN’ QUIT. The whole business model of working for one company for eternity and they take care of you until you die? It doesn’t work out in real life. Quit expecting it to. And now the companies that have fallen prey to this mentality are floundering and dying, you are out of work, but your leadership is still collecting dues to donate to the same politicans that ruined everything to begin with. They don’t love you. They aren’t looking out for you. You are a statistic to be used, nothing more.

Despite all of this nonsense your kind has thrown at us, American business keeps on trudging along, being the best creator of wealth in the history of the world, and you have the audacity to say we’re soft? Everything this nation has ever accomplished has been in spite of your kind, you self-righteous academic narrcisst, not because of you.

Not just that, but you say that America is a little soft?  Does this guy look soft to you?

They don’t make soft Marines.

Maybe your golf buddies are soft, and your union thugs are soft, and your legion of academics that have never held a real job are soft, and the societal leeches that depend on the democrat’s perpetual welfare state are soft, but most Americans are not soft.

My best friend and coauthor, Mike Kupari, is deployed to Afghanistan right now. He volunteered to be an EOD tech and defuse IEDs, a stupidly dangerous job, because he is an American who is anything but soft. His first published novel, Dead Six, came out this week, but he’s too busy not being soft to be home to enjoy the fruits of his labors.

The reaon I think of Mike right now is because I got a long email from him this morning about how depressing the news is from back home. About how everything seems to be falling apart. About how people like you seem fixated on doing everything in your power to drive us into the ground. About how your side wants us to turn into yet another failed, bankrupt, pseudo-socialist, all controlling, nanny state.

And normally I’m the optimistic one in our friendship, but for the life of me I couldn’t think of anything good to say. Because he was right.

I do however agree with the last line of your quote, Mr. President. “We need to get back on track.” Yes. We do need to get back on track. Luckily, we know exactly what got us off the track to begin with, politicians, regardless of party, that believe the solution to everything is more government meddling.  The first step to getting back on track is throwing you, and your ilk the hell out of office.

Variant by Robison Wells, out today
My Geeky Hobbies 3.5

123 Comments on "The President says we're soft"

Dillis
Dillis

And all the people said “Amen!”

Miguel

And Amen!

Kristopher

Being an atheist, I don’t pray … but Psalm 109:8 might get an amen from me.

Obama is the only one here who needs to go. He is way to soft and thin-skinned for the job.

Janir

I’ll see that and raise you a hallelujah!

Laserlight
Laserlight

Well said

Raymond McCune
Raymond McCune

Amen!

bigdeville2000
bigdeville2000

Amen!

SirBrass
SirBrass

A-friggin-MEN

Raptor

Glory, Glory, Hallelujah! Amen!

Julie
Julie

“And you’d darn well better make sure you do your quarterly filings with the IRS and your state tax commission, or they will eat you unless you’re Warren Buffet.”

Fixed that for you. 😉

wowbagger
wowbagger

Abso-friggin-lutely dead on. I was almost in tears when I saw the pic of the Marine.

Russell

“The first step to getting back on track is throwing you, and your ilk the hell out of office.” Too soft, Larry, too soft!

Reading your post I kept thinking of the quote attributed to Lavrentiy Beria, Stalin’s head of the secret police “Show me the man and I’ll find you the crime.”

Fritz

..and kick him in his soft parts…Repeatedly!

Phil
Phil

Speaking as a .gov employee, your story about the mathematically impaired bureaucrat is entirely too familiar. The phrase heard around our office is “f*** up, move up.”

Rev. Paul

Amen!

Lin W

Larry, this is just the most righteous rant, evah! Love it!

arhooley
arhooley

Hire an actor to read this into a camera. Put it on YouTube. Strap Pelosi, Jarrett, Obama et ux and half the MSM into chairs and do a Clockwork Orange on them.

James Stephens
This will not work. I would use my mother as an example as she is very much a Pelosi Obama type. Not that she is a liberal but that she is never wrong even when she is wrong. You can prove this wrongness. You can back it up with facts, examples, scientific data and the laws of physics. They still in their minds are not wrong because they believe they are right. People like this the voice of God could tell them they are wrong, send down a guy with flaming swords, strike them down and even use a talking… Read more »
Jeff Jones

And this is the reason these whack jobs in the government want to “regulate” the internet, people can’t be this blunt and tell it like it is on tv or radio cause all the p.c. liberals would jump down their throats and get them shut down.

jaspercounty1

D*mned if you do and d*mned if you don’t, because that’s the way the gubmint handles its problems.

Christof

weird timing, I just finished a post on my political blog about our need for a new yeomanry.

I agree with you. Great rant. And why don’t I expand my knifemaking? You nailed it. At least as a sole artist I can mostly fly under the radar.

Rock on.

oh-

Doug Jeffreys

Absolutely right, Larry. But I fear you are preaching to the choir.

Raymond McCune
Raymond McCune
I think many will start going the way of the barter system. Entrepreneur; “Income? Absolutely $0 this quarter.” IRS/State Auditor: “But…but…how do you pay for your bills and supplies and food and stuff?!” Entrepreneur: “I don’t pay anything. I trade service for service. No cash involved at all. Equal trade.” IRS/State Auditor: “But we can’t tax that! How can you pay taxes if we cant tax it!” *Falls over in seizure style fits* I don’t think they could tax a system where you did equal trading for goods and services with no cash transactions. I could be wrong, but it… Read more »
perlhaqr
perlhaqr

You’re supposed to pay tax on the value of any barter you do. Legally speaking, anyway.

James
James

Actually, the IRS will tax you based on what THEY consider to be the fair market value of the goods exchanged.

Richard Mcenroe

Sorry, Ray, they got you beat there too. My girlfriend had a business a few years ago. When she was starting up, her first quarter, no earnings.

So the city of LA looked at how much the OTHER businesses in her area were making, averaged it out and tried to collect THAT completely fictional number from her because she MUST have been making at least that.

Eric Anderson

Got you one better: The California EDD lost my paperwork dissolving my S-Corp, and tried to collect payroll taxes for 3 quarters based on estimated income while I was working full-time for another employer, and paying the with-holdings through EDD from that salary.

They still send me notices trying to collect the penalties on the over-charges from their mistake! They did back off on the main amount of the taxes, but refuse to admit that they lost the paperwork…

Robl

Bravo!
Even if I didn’t love every book you’ve published, I’d still buy them just so you could keep these epic truth smack-downs coming.

sohmdaddy
sohmdaddy

And yet I, your esteemed leader, refuse to listen to any serious advice on how to make it easier for businesses to compete.

matt
matt
GOD BLESS AMERICA. Thank you Larry. Thank you very much for saying the same thing’s I, my employer and 90% of my coworkers have been saying since (in my case before) obama took office. Thank you for saying what i’ve been saying about unions since i was in High School. they were much needed force back in ye olde tymes, but nothing they do now cannot be accomplished by the Internet. Nor are you taking your and your familes lives in your hand when you pack up and move across country. WE DONT NEED UNIONS in the world of today.… Read more »
Harry the Horrible
Harry the Horrible

We’ve taxed and regulated away our competitive advantage.

We have good people, good infrastructure, and mountains of resources. But the dumbastids in the Government won’t let us exploit them.

perlhaqr
perlhaqr
Yeah, this is what I’ve been saying for years. We could fix the economic woes of the country, and hell, probably the entire world, if the government would just get the fuck out of the way and let us do it. But instead, we’ve got people like that mine operator down in Georgia who said “fuck it” and went Galt. And I don’t know how much longer America will still be America enough to innovate our way to the top if we live under this sort of state buried bullshit for much longer. I totally agree with this whole post… Read more »
Mark
Mark
Your rant is mostly based on anecdotal evidence – what may be true for you may not be true overall. We’re a first world nation – arguably the greatest power on the planet at this point in history. Of course we’re soft – we’re at the top, and haven’t had to scrap and fight for survival in quite a while. We’re in a bad place as far as the job market goes though – developing companies are cheaper for industrial labor, so we’re losing the market on industrial labor and gaining the one on white collar labor. If you’ve been… Read more »
Robl

Great theory but I’m going to go out on a limb and surmise that you haven’t had much experience running the daily affairs of a small business – haven’t had to finance raw materials, maintained equipment, and fend off ravening packs of government wolves from behind a wall of paperwork…All while meeting payroll.

perlhaqr
perlhaqr

Americans complain a lot though. The answer to any challenge shouldn’t be complaints but ‘haha, see you and raise’.

Screw you, bub. Why the hell should we have to meet the challenge with a 500 lbs ball and chain added on? Natural challenges we’re great at beating, but there’s no natural law that says we have to be burdened with all this bullshit–other, perhaps, than the Iron Law of Bureaucracy.

stevepoling (@stevepoling)

I think “anecdotal evidence” is code for “who you going to believe, me or your lying eyes.”

binky
binky

and this is why “foreigners” have street food stands, convenience stores et al…easy untrackable money!

Six
If they’re reading you I’d like to add in my two cents worth Larry. I want to start a business. I have skills, a plan, enough start up money and the desire to be my own boss and maybe employ a worker or two. Nothing huge, just another American small business. I probably won’t and Larry just perfectly enunciated all the reasons why. My accountant wife actually laughed at me when I brought the idea up. She’s dealt with the IRS, Franchise Tax Board, Workers Comp, etc., ad infinitum and she knows. When I took a look at just the… Read more »
Joseph Capdepon II
Joseph Capdepon II

You talk about paperwork and the headaches involved in business. I can’t even imagine what kind of paperwork and such the Krav Maga school I go to is going to be going through when they start offering Simunitions training to civilians.

All I know is that me and my “soft” friends will be going to the range tomorrow to stimulate someone’s economy.

James
James
Sing it, man! And I say that as a union member. Who doesn’t want to be. Wait, what? Well, you see the company I work for (large business) has a rule for my job classification. You can either join the union (and pay union dues) or you can not join the union… provided you sign a form say that you have a moral or religious conflict with joining a union… and you must pay the EXACT SAME AMOUNT as the union dues to some approved religious or charitable organization. Sadly, thinking unions have outlived their usefulness is not a valid… Read more »
Brian Lewis
Brian Lewis

Obama is a pontificating jackass who has no clue what he’s doing.

Rebecca H

Tell it, brother!

pdb

This rant is 100% why I am no longer a small business owner.

Dave2
Dave2
So, the one question I’ve been asking a lot lately is: what do we do with all of our currently unemployed? Manufacturing jobs have not only largely dried up in the U.S., but large scale is usually done more cost effectively and more reliably by industrial robots. Assembly line jobs? Gone. Hell, with 3D printers becoming more and more cost effective on a daily basis, we’re seeing people who can effectively manufacture almost anything in their own garage. So, for the unskilled worker in the U.S. what jobs do we have that need doing? I’ve actually been thinking that the… Read more »
joe
joe

Dave they already have whole generations who havent held a job in one family.
They have whole generations on STREETS in Baltimore who havent held jobs.

Richard Mcenroe

Obama citicizes America for being soft… then hops back in his golf cart…

Nathan
Have to agree 100% here with you Larry. Others say your rant is anecdotal, well I disagree. At the company I work for (Fortune 300 company) we constantly are wasting hours and hours every week doing SOX compliance audits and we pay a bunch of people to constantly audit us just so we can be in compliance. NONE of that produces anything useful other than reams and reams of documentation, paper trails, and stuff that nobody will ever really read. Over-regulation of the industry my company is in has driven costs through the roof just for getting our product to… Read more »
Quilly Mammoth
Here’s another one for you. Do you own a home built before 1974? Did you know that if you do so much as repair a piece of broken drywall you have to do a lead test? That if you detect lead you have to do remediation on the area? Did you know that if you don’t you could be fined over $1000.00? It’s true. That’s why I don’t work on old properties. I’ll sell you cabinets for your remodel…but neither me or my subs will work on your property. Because of the fact I’m a contractor I can fined $10,000… Read more »
Larry

I would say something but I have this awesome new book that just got here so I’m busy.

the Northwestern Diamondback of THR
the Northwestern Diamondback of THR

Actually, he is partially right… we ARE soft to have tolerated
him and his fellow Marxists’ antics as long as we have, prior generations would’ve run them out on a rail as soon as they started their crap.

HOWEVER, that is a mistake we don’t necessarily have to live with and many of us are working on addressing… Step one, make sure Obummer-lite doesn’t get the GOP Nomination.

TXGunGeek

“As far as finance managers go, I’m not that weird.”

Sorry Larry, YES you are!

Doesn’t make you any less right but you are definitely that weird.

A finance manager who used to deal in Title II Firearms, shoots a lot and is a New York Freakin Times Bestselling Author. If that’s not weird I don’t know what is.

James
James

TXGunGeek has a good point, Larry. 🙂

2Cents
2Cents
Both my husband and I were self-employed, and both did well enough in our respective industries to make a comfortable living. Taxes ate us up. Being forced to by insurance ate us up. The state of California chewed us up (maybe to soften us up?) before the federal taxes ate us up. Now I’ve given up my business. I’ve taken a low-paying job and perform work I’m not thrilled at performing to pay in enough taxes to offset my husband’s business. If this experiment fails, my husband’s business will likely have to go. We just cannot afford to be successful… Read more »
Kristopher

This is sounding a lot like a Hitler’s Bunker parody. He wants to send all his socialist buddies out of the bunker, and then yell at us for explaining reality to him.

It’s not Obama’s fault … it’s our fault for not wanting to follow him into the socialist Full Monty. If we would just harden the fuck up and follow him properly, we could all have skittle-shitting unicorns!

We are too soft for real socialism … our unwillingness to follow him blindly into Gulag-land is evidence of this.

LittleRed1
LittleRed1

If you can get a copy of the Oct.1 Wall Street Journal, look at Peggy Noonan’s editorial, especially the second section about “stories” versus “events.” In short, the administration was more worried about the story they wanted to tell than they were about solving a problem. Post-modern-politics in a nutshell.

DaCurlyWolf

@TxGunGeek-nay my friend. It’s doesn’t make him weird..just specially talented. 🙂

DaCurlyWolf

Larry I say unto thee something I’ve been saying everywhere, facebook, Baen’s Bar, my own blog etc…

Verily I say unto thee..Our government as it stands now..sucks diseased donkey dick. That is all.

Irving Kenneth Brawly
Larry, with all due respect to your giant intellect/ego, here’s a link that will go some distance toward explaining all those burdensome regulations: http://www.oregonlive.com/health/index.ssf/2011/09/defense_department_inspector_g.html I don’t expect you to understand because you’ve never worked where there is serious risk of poisoning, injury or death. I know, I know, in some earlier time you wrestled ninja alligators in molten lead – right… Ain’t buyin’ it, Bro. And, what’s with all the whining about your job? A wise(ass) man once wrote: “…just freakin’ quit”. The adverb you were after there was: “FUCKING”. Don’t be a language pussy. And, I’m sorry, you only… Read more »
LepusKhan
LepusKhan
“I don’t expect you to understand because you’ve never worked where there is serious risk of poisoning, injury or death. I know, I know, in some earlier time you wrestled ninja alligators in molten lead – right… Ain’t buyin’ it, Bro.” riiight… because everyone knows that pointless financial audits are the only way to protect our soldiers. And the first five audits in one year weren’t enough. So what if the taxpayers have to foot the bill, right? We can always just print more! Right? RIGHT?? “And, what’s with all the whining about your job?” actually, Larry has said time… Read more »
Go ahead and write me,you cunts

Looking for a point….
Let’s see your DD214, Fuckface.

Kristopher

Let’s see yours, anonymous coward.

Larry's permission to invoke the Marines
Larry's permission to invoke the Marines
Ok you drugged out hippie motherfucker. I think I know your problem. It’s pretty hard to say anything of real consequence while shlob’n someone’s knob for money. That’s right you worthless dick sucker, you have nothing to say so you rag on someone with enough intelligence to say it like it is. You’re nothing more than a zit on societies ass. If Larry wants to say that they don’t make soft Marines you will shut the fuck up and like it. Is that understood? Now, go crawl back under whatever rock you came out from under (and back to your… Read more »
Syril
Syril

You know Larry, Canada is accepting refugees….

Emerson
Emerson

Kamloops is a lot like Utah, just a little cooler and without the spectacular geological formations. And the votes for the current Conservative government on the rural side rode partially on the elimination of the Long Gun registry, something that has actually started happening.

I. Ken Brawly

You’re a pussy, Larry.

Kristopher

Fine argument there, internet tough guy.

Emerson
Emerson

And the “Attack Dogs” are about as threatening as a yappy chihuahua is to a pack of wolves.

Patrick Mullane

We in Europe are now living the projected Obama dream, Come join us comrades.

Go ahead and write me,you cunts
Not trying to be threatening, stupid. Simply realistic. Larry, wow, I had now idea you actualy knew who Smedly Butler was – and you mentioned him in one of your… books. Are you going to send his relations a copy? But, you missed the point, you dumb fuck. You really are too dim to reason with… and… Oh God. These other poor putzes – your “readership”; I just hope they have someone to wipe their asses for them… or… they’ll seriously reek… Ya’all know that – right? DON’T FIRE YOUR ASS WIPER! Fire the pool-boy first. And, you can find… Read more »
Robl

Plowshare…More like Plowedshare.

J
J
You know…it’s because of douchebags like you that I left Oregon. Too many hippie jackasses too full of themselves to open their eyes. You really are of less consequence than a gnat. You have no real experience, no life, and only enough common sense to not shit your pants. You throw around the word “pussy” enough that I bet you with you had one. It would make your life’s work as a fag prostitute so much easier. If you don’t like what Larry has to say, DON’T READ HIS BLOG you complete idiot. Shouldn’t you be getting back to work… Read more »
Patrick Mullane

whoops – the tags with irony in them did not make it into that previous.

DaCurlyWolf

@Patrick..it happens. but all the same. I think I’ll pass. 🙂

Michael Ankenbrandt
Michael Ankenbrandt

Here’s a bit of background on that photo:

joe
joe
But but but, Larry I am soft. I sit in an IT department all day. If I try to be productive I get yelled at because I littleraly did the work of 5 other people plus myself and now the 6 of us are sitting playing cards and goofing off with the Playstation that we smuggled into the building. Im soft I only get 5 hours of sleep a night because I go home and play more video games after work. AFTER i do my housework and commute 2 hours because they wont get me a voip line at my… Read more »
Boca Condo King
Boca Condo King
One regulation issue you leave out is the regulation they do not enforce equally. Why bother with the IRS, DOR, DOL, and WC? Just hire illegal immigrants off the street. Pay them cash, if anyone gets injured, drive them to the hospital (take some side streets and make a few circles) and drop them off. Need to write off this expense on your taxes, easily done, just ask. Here in Florida the mantra is “cheat to compete” so that jobs like roofing that paid $15 to $18 an hour now pay less then minimum wage and if the illegal worker… Read more »
Black Sabbath
Black Sabbath
Three years of Obama – the VERY BEST the Democrats have ever had to offer – has given us:
- $14 trillion deficit – US in a depression – ruined economy – US credit rating downgraded
- ignores the War Powers Act – gas/food/clothing prices skyrocketing – 5 wars, one with a record death toll – foreign policy disasters
 – raiding the public pension fund to avoid the debt ceiling
 – lost 800+ seats for his own party
- poll numbers in the toilet
- 44 million Americans on food stamps – Over half the states suing to get out… Read more »
Emerson
Emerson

Sooo… Palin? Maybe in another few years. She’s got too much home drama being a good mother.

Laserlight
Laserlight

Yeah, Emerson, I’d take Palin, Gengrich, Perry, Romney, Cain, or for that matter the sound tech doing the mike check at the next Republican debate. Anybody but Zero..

trackback

[…] I’m not going to excerpt even a sentence of it because you REALLY DO NEED TO READ THE WHOLE THING. […]

jaredgarrett
jaredgarrett

Larry.

P. Henry Saddleburr
P. Henry Saddleburr

Spectacular! It’s amazing how a rant comes to life. We suffer a thousand tiny cuts, day after day, pretty much in silence or just grumbling to ourselves. But then one more thing happens and KABOOOOOOM!!

I linked your rant. It’s a classic.

1389 (@1389)

“Soft”?

Them’s fightin’ words!

Only the presence of the Secret Service stops thousands – or perhaps millions – of Americans (of both sexes!) from challenging Obama to a fistfight to settle that issue once and for all.

Somehow, I don’t think he would last very long.

joe
joe

Hey 13

I think he might last longer than you think. Michelle might step in and that girl has arms almost as big as mine. She looks like a scrapper. I got the feeling that behind closed doors his two most used words are Yes Dear.

trackback

[…] I Had a Nice Rant Decanting There October 3, 2011 6:50 pm Jennifer Announcement, Current Events, Politics But then Larry Correia went and threw it in blender and made it better. So go read his. […]

joe
joe

Hey Laserlight? Yea I’d go with the sound check guy hes probably the smartest of the bunch in terms of really usefull practical knowledge and the most realistic.

Chris
Chris

Kinda surprised ol’ Nickwolf hasn’t CHIMED!!!!!………. IN WITH HIS TWO CENTS!!!!!11111!!………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………!

Nightcrawler
Nightcrawler
I was able to get on the internet and read this. Hooray for satellites! Larry, as you’re well aware, I’m in Afghanistan right now. I like your books. I wrote one with you. So you know what? Fuck it. Crazy people on the internet can call you a poser. They can call me names too I guess. Whatever. I’ve been called worse by better, and so have you. But Mr. “I have two honorable discharges” is safe at home, back in the world, ranting and frothing at you for being a poser. (I think? It’s hard to tell.) I’m pretty… Read more »
Fritz

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!
Amen!

Fritz
He fixed up the planet As best as He could Then in come the people And gum it up good The first thing you know They civilized the foothills And every weary put hills The mountains and valley below They come along and take ’em And civilize and make ’em A place where no civilized Person would go The first thing you know The first thing you know They civilize what’s pretty By puttin’ up a city Where nothin’ that’s Pretty can grow They muddy up the winter And civilize it, into a place Too uncivilized Even for snow The… Read more »
Fritz
Jordi might not have blinked at the rise of Australopithicus, the first apes able to stand upright. He might have raised an eyebrow at Homo Habilis, the first apes to begin accessing the realm of ideas and plans. He might have developped a more suspicious attitude when Homo Agasta began conceptualizing in a more complicated matter, and actually developped language. These early Humans were developping a perception of Words, which Jordi might have seen as something that animals shouldn’t touch. Homo Agasta’s offshoots the Homo Erectus began to worry Jordi as they spread across asia, encroaching into other animals’ territories,… Read more »
Joe in PNG
Joe in PNG
One almost has to feel sorry for the poor radical leftist these days. Just think what it must be like to be either a wrinkled, bloated hippie leftover or selfrighteous hipster ass right now. Back in ’08 they were told that they could have their little utopian dream land- where the sea levels would fall, and renewable energy farting unicorns would frolic with fluffy free health care bunnies as the shining happy people held hands in a world where they didn’t have to go to work at a real job(wow, man- this stuff is pretty good!). Sadly,in the past few… Read more »
MadOgre

Dan Brock, Ken Brawly, Plowshare Forge, Oregon Troll… He absolutely thrives on attention. I strongly suggest that everyone refrain from clicking any link to his blog… Everyone should do the very harshest thing we can do to him. Turn your backs to him and never mention him again. That’s the worst thing you can do to a troll like him.

Jay
Jay

You know, there seems to be some kind of a consensus. I used to work with this lady, liberal as they come, who had the misfortune to have worked with HUD. My workplace was full of pretty left-wing people, myself included, and everyone enjoyed more than their fair share of federal gubmint-bashing.

Chris Johnston

Great Post Larry…. one problem… the picture is U.S. Army!!! Go Army – Beat Navy!! (The soldiers in the picture are wearing Army ACU’s while the Marine Corp have similar Diggies they do not have the same Army grey tone.)

So they don’t make weak Soldier’s or (tho it pains me) Marines!!!!

Cheers
CJ

trackback

[…] blog on the expenses of running a business, the author also writes fun novels with lots of guns: http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/20…ays-were-soft/ "The President says we’re soft Yep. That’s it, Mr. President. We’re soft. […]

Scott Deering
Scott Deering
LepusKhan
LepusKhan

I… but… (sigh) I get dizzy just reading it with all the spin on that one. It’s like they’re not even trying anymore….
also
“he is against Republican attempts to defund the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) because doing so would “make us sicker and add to heart disease as well as everything else.” So the EPA is the only thing protecting us from heart disease? Really?

Wilhelm Durand

Sic imperium magistratuum

Big Bear
Hey Larry, I am a small business owner, sole proprietor no less (what can I say, I like living dangerously) I know exactly what you mean about regulations. I am a licensed pesticide applicator. Oh yes, I am in knee deep with the EPA. I am a bee conservationist, placing me in great familiarity with the USDA. I run a marketplace selling beekeeping supplies and equipment, honey and beeswax items to the public, I am an authorized dealer for two well known distributors in my area. I have that same special feeling about taxes and paperwork you mentioned. I am… Read more »
bigdeville2000
bigdeville2000

Larry both you and Nightcrawler rock, I loved Dead Six and can’t wait for a sequel, so be careful Nightcrawler we all want to see back home in one piece to write the next one and the one after that

Steve Kirkham
Steve Kirkham

I think Plowshare could guest star in a sequel to “Tanya, Princess of Elves”.

I wondered a while ago… if a trailerpark elf and an orc had offspring, would it be human? Just thinking….

Kristopher

You read that much of it?

joe
joe

That would be great. 2-3 punches and you would celebrated amongs all bloggers for actualy beating the stuffing out of an internet troll. SONGs would be sung in your Honnor and tankards raised to toast your name for actualy getting to demolish an internet troll.