Ding dong, the witch is dead!

Awesome news. Osama Bin Laden is dead. Personally, I thought that he had died a long time ago and his corpse was just buried under a bunch of rock thanks to a JDAM or something. So long, and good riddance, to a vile, wretched, evil man.

And to my friends in Naval special warfare. You were cocky before, but now you will be completely unbearable. :D God bless you! You guys rock.

Be the First to Comment!

Dillis
4 years 26 days ago

He tried to outshoot a SEAL. The last in a long line of very bad decisions.

4 years 26 days ago

The paranoid guy in me wants some DNA testing or something so we don’t have the obligatory “Ha! That was just a body-double!” later on.

4 years 26 days ago

As soon as I posted this I saw they did DNA testing. Huzzah.

Adam
4 years 26 days ago

One can only hope that his promised virgins are large, sweaty men with a penchance for dominance.

Holmwood
4 years 26 days ago

@Adam, the Taiwanese Next Media Animation TV (nma dot tv) had an even better interpretation of Osama’s 72 virgins. I’m not sure I can really say too much on a family-friendly site, but suffice to say they were large, male, and of the porcine persuasion. Oh, and their boudoir seemed kind of hot and filled with flames.

If you do seek out the video be warned it’s not terribly work safe. (They are the same guys who did the Al Gore not-so-happy-ending, and the Tiger Woods animated reenactment).

As for the act of war that someone mentioned in this thread… I’m Canadian, and not a big fan of the US messing around with our sovereignty, much though I generally respect and like the USA.

But if OBL had been hiding somewhere in Canada (no doubt living on welfare), I’d have nothing but praise for Seal Team 6 dropping in and ventilating him.

It’s a stretch, but under international law, I’d call this a “creative interpretation” of the doctrine of hot pursuit.

God Bless the USA, Canada and all their allies, and massive kudos to the USN.

Remjin
4 years 26 days ago

Well, unlike in the middle east, we can’t be stringing the body up for everyone to see and then messing with it. I heard they had DNA and pictures, so hopefully they can prove it to everyone’s satisfaction.

Give those boys some medals and some cash prizes, I say. They just took out a rallying point/cry for the crazies.

4 years 26 days ago

According to many of the articles, this was all thanks to Obama’s effort. I found it humorous that some articles said “Obama was awesome. He was Great. He led the task force personally. It was all him! Oh, and those SEAL guys were good too.”

Right, because I’m sure that without Obama’s “expertise” in covert ops and military strategy SEAL Team Six wouldn’t have been able to be as awesome as they are.

Like you say, the SEALS have earned their place in history. Studs.

peavybob
4 years 26 days ago

from what the articles say, this has been a super top-secret operation running since at least 2005. And Obama’s most notable contribution to the mission was probably keeping his mout shut about it until it was over. On the other hand, opting for bullets over bombs was a pretty smart choice since it allowed us to make a positive ID. If he made that decision then kudos to him

Adam
4 years 26 days ago

*penchant. In my defense, i’m sick as a dog.

Doug Jeffreys
4 years 26 days ago

I kinda like the idea of his carcass being dumped at sea. The thought of all the “unclean” bottom feeders feasting on his bloated, festering corpse brings a smile to my face.

D Abbott
4 years 26 days ago

Proud of our Tier 1 guys for dispatching his sorry ass.

Still disappointed about CIA taking this long to find him…and apparently wanting him taken alive (really don’t want to be right about that).

peavybob
4 years 26 days ago

why wouldn’t you want to take him alive? After we interrogate him to get all his terrorist connections, we can put him on trial so the whole world can see what a cowardly peace of crap he is. And then we execute him.

D Abbott
4 years 26 days ago

Because the trial would’ve been turned into a circus, even if it was a military tribunal. Better to let the SEAL teams who lost hundreds of their JSOC buddies over the course of this war give him due process with a double-tap (just the way it went down).

We’ve learned a ton about his connections just by knowing where he was holed up. ISI and the Pakistani military were in this up to their eyeballs.

TJ
4 years 26 days ago

As much as I despise Obama and what his ilk have done to this country, I have to admire that he had the balls to make the call to off Osama. Of course, a wombat on meth could have made the same call.

Harry the Horrible

I hope it hurt.
A lot.

And I wish they’d saved the head (and his son’s) in a block of lucite for a memorial:

They made a pile of their trophies
High as a tall man’s chin,
Head upon head distorted,
Set in a sightless grin,
Anger and pain and terror
Stamped on the smoke-scorched skin.

Subadar Prag Tewarri
Put the head of the Boh
On the top of the mound of triumph,
The head of his son below,
With the sword and the peacock-banner
That the world might behold and know.

Thus the samadh was perfect,
Thus was the lesson plain
Of the wrath of the First Shikaris–
The price of a white man slain;
And the men of the First Shikaris
Went back into camp again.

LittleRed1
4 years 25 days ago

Harry, that’s exactly the lines that have been going through my head since I read the news yesterday morning.

Although the closing lines of ‘Growltiger’s Last Stand” also fit: “Oh there was joy in Wapping when the news flew through the land;
At Hammersmith and Putney there was dancing on the strand;
rats were roasted whole in Binford and Victoria Dock;
And a day of celebration was commanded in Bancock.”

T.S. Elliott “Growltiger’s Last Stand”

Mike
4 years 26 days ago

1) Massively ballsy play by the SEALS. Major props on a job well done.

2) From an international relations standpoint, though, I really hope people hate Osama enough that there isn’t any fallout from dropping a helicopter into the middle of another country to assassinate somebody :( That sort of thing has “act of war” written all over it.

Also, confirmation that Pakistan has been sabotaging our attempts to find him for years? I bet the Paki’s are damn happy they have nukes right now or they’d be next on the list. I’m pretty sure that was the original justification for invading Afghanistan…

Eric
4 years 26 days ago

A fox news station had a little mix up about who died:

Kind of funny.

Wes S.
4 years 26 days ago

Whichever SEAL capped Osama will never, ever again have to buy his own beer.

Personally, I would have preferred that Osama’s corpse was fed to hogs – with video of the event sent to al Jazeera for broadcast, so as to discourage future would-be jihadis – and Osama’s surviving family in Saudi sent a hundred and fifty pounds of hog scat for burial, again “pour encourager les autres,” but I suppose “sleeps with the fishes” will have to suffice.

It is the Chicago way, after all…

Max Rawls
4 years 26 days ago

Ok, this is completely unrelated, but I figured this the best way to share with you.
So, to get a break from every channel replaying the same Bin Laden news in a straight loop, I convinced the wife to go let me go pick up a copy of Hard Magic.
While in the big box book store I noticed a section labeled “Best In Paranormal” which I of course had to check out. It was (unsurprisingly) filled with books about teen girls that want to seduce sparkly 100 year old virgins, and books about vampires that sell their blood in 40 oz.malt variety out of diners. The situation had to be rectified immediately, so after heading to my original destination I scooped up every one of the true “best in paranormal” books on the shelf, and left them for potential new readers to happen upon in the area they should have been in to begin with.

Monte
4 years 26 days ago

Osama’s pucker factor probably shot through the ceiling when he heard that Black Hawk coming in.

4 years 26 days ago

40 dudes went in. bang, bang, bang. 40 dudes came out.

Between this and smoking pirates at sea with head shots, recruiting for the Navy Seals has got to going through the roof.