Detroit Christmas – A Grimnoir Chronicles short story by Larry Correia

You can read it now over on the Baen webpage.  http://www.baen.com/DetroitChristmas.asp

Let me know what you think. I really enjoyed writing this one.

Be the First to Comment!

AJD

You know, Larry, for a nice guy, you have an awful habit of keeping us book-junkies on the edge of strung out.
A little taste here, a whiff of a great read there, and a few times a year, a nice full book to read.
But, this was another awesome story, and I’ll probably end up reading it 3 or 4 more times while waiting for TGC2. (And D6, and more MH, and don’t even get me started on the torture from waiting for the collaboration between you and John Ringo!)

Dannyboy

Oh hell yes!

This story couldn’t have been more fun. Hard-boiled whodunit with full-auto firefights and magic. I love this Grimnoire world you’ve created, Larry. It’s much more interesting than regular history.

I can’t wait for TGC Book 2 to come out.

Very well done Larry, I just finished the HM ARC and it was excellent! Keep up the good work! :-)

Brian Lewis

Loved this little taste of the Hard Magic world. Just enough of an appetizer before the full book comes out in a few weeks.

bigdeville2000

Loved the story, I can’t wait for TGC 2.

Everitt Mickey

That was pretty good! Guess I’ll have to buy the Grim(whatzit) chronicles now.

I like it. It reminds me quite a bit of the early Dresden Files novels, which let me assure you is no small compliment.

I do have a question – forgive me if I missed seeing this answered elsewhere, but does this take place before or after ‘Hard Magic’?

Brian Lewis

You’ve hit the nail on the head with the Dresden Files novels comment. And would add that it has a Wild Cards novels vibe to it as well.

Joe in PNG

Before.

I suspected as much – Thanks for the confirmation.

guy

Mrs. Brooks wouldn’t have a husband named ‘David’ would she?

Ralph

I haven’t even looked yet, but if it’s a MHI story, then there’s bound to be massive calamity – can’t you do a fictional service to all of us and put it in DC? Even Baltimore would be special.
Saving pocket change every day for your next book in May.

Matt

That was awesome Larry. I cant wait for my copy of Hard Magic.

Pyromaniac Midget

Truly awesome. I am so anxious for Hard Magic I can barely contain myself.

Joe in PNG

It’s a terrible pity that Robert Mitchum’s dead. He would have been the perfect guy to do the audiobook of this story.

Greg Wirtala

Always enjoy your work. This was a great read this morning, over a cup of “joe”. As a big, ugly guy myself, your protagonists always make me smile.

TJ

I really enjoyed this one Larry. The description of Detroit as America’s Paris was spot on and made me wonder what the hell happened to our version.
Keep it up!

Kevin Goodrich

I love the way you mix reality and fiction. A few weeks ago I was in a hotel in Detroit reading about the Purple Gang. Fun to see them in the story. It decided me.

I’m buying the Nook version of Hard Magic and fighting my wife for possession of the reader (her birthday gift of 3 weeks ago). You are the current threat to my marriage.

CarryingColoradan

Very fun read! Thanks! :^)

4 years 1 month ago

Late to the party, but.. wow. Just. _wow_. Looking forward to the rest of it.