HARD MAGIC eARC available NOW!

SQUEEEEeeeee! That link will take you to Baen’s Webscriptions. The Electronic Advanced Reader Copy has just been posted for download.

For those of you that don’t know, an eARC is something distinctly Baen. On books where this is a lot of demand, they will release a super early electronic version to read off your computer or to download to your Nook or Kindle. You guys want to know how early this is? I just got my PDF printouts to check for errors and typos TODAY.

eARCs are more expensive ($15) than a standard Baen eBook ($6), but you get it several months early. So if you’ve been itching to read the rest of The Grimnoir Chronicles: Hard Magic, now is your chance to get an early peek.

Oh, and of course you totally have to post here to let me know what you think of it. Try to avoid spoilers for everybody else.  :)

EDIT: Once you read it, please post honest reviews on the Baen Webscriptions page and also anywhere else, blogs, tell your friends, graffiti, etc.  Thanks!

Be the First to Comment!

PURCHASED!

warpcordova

sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t! I don’t have money this week. Argh!! I’ve been waiting for this one for a oloooong time now, damn it.

NOOOOO!!!!
I just ordered my autographed copy…must hold out until pre-ordered one arrives from Amazon…must not succumb to temptation…

John Matus

Bought it! Man, I love downloading e-books, it’s like WINNING THE FUTURE!

Joe

Larry, I’ve been waiting what seems like FOREVER to download this. Purchasing it now and I’m definitely starting reading it tonight. I’ll let you know what I think, but based on your previous books it’ll be awesome.

guy

WOOT!

I bought the ARC two weeks ago before i realized it wasn’t actally available yet.

Now I have something new to read. I had been re-reading all my Niven Ringworld books, but ‘rishing’ gets a little old after a while, you know?

buying now.

The only problem with earcs, is that they reduce your bestseller footprint on release.

Or would if I hadn’t already preordered three copies…

Kristopher

Amazon sold more electronic editions of books last year than paper.

Methinks dead tree editions are just about to become a specialty market.

Joe in PNG

There goes my day…

Joe in PNG

Done!
It was awesome.
Now is it wrong to imagine Toshiro Mifune as the Chairman?

Right, time to read it again.

Dannyboy

Yeehaw!

A Friday release means I can read this all weekend! I was hoping things would turn out this way.

Unistat76

Squeee, indeed. Been waiting for this for a long time.

Purchased and I’ll be reading it later tonight ;-)

Alex

Hah, great ending to a prefect story. I don’t think I’ve ever read a book that fast before. About 2 1/2 hours.

I loved the blurbs at the start of each chapter I think they added a lot of flavor, lots of show little tell.

The book had some really great mental images, right before Sullivan left the airship in the final scene was my favorite. Everyone loves multi-tasking carnage.

The only thing bad thing I can say about it was that it was not long enough, we need more!

Any hints as to what the next Grimnoir will be about?

George Metz

Bought and downloaded and on the Nook, but as I’m reading Legacy of Gird for the very first time, I figure I’m kinda committed to finishing the last quarter of that.

Someday, possibly as early as next week, I may actually get to sleep again. Yay!

Salgak

OK gang: to cut to the chase, here’s the end:

Colonel Mustard, in the Conservatory, with the Lead Pipe.

(evil grin)

Chemech

Naw, Miss Scarlet in the Ballroom with the Dagger… ;^>

staylor

Well thanks, you just killed my Friday night.

About half way through and loving it.

Joon

I just finished the book! Honestly, just as good as the Monster Hunter novels if not better. Hope you’re working hard on the next one Mr. Correia! Can you have one of the characters, maybe Heinrich use a Stg44 in the next one?

John Matus

Larry, I’ve read your other books and liked them a lot, but Hard Magic is really, really good. Easily your best work to date and I’m only 3/4 through it.

Thanks for writing.

AJD

Just finished … AWESOME!
So …
When can I read the next one?

Sam Oldham

So how does GC stack up to MH? Also, do the liberal diatribes regularly smashed by Larry on here have to be truly heartfelt or can they just be quality acting?

Matt

Wow, that was better than the Monster Hunter books, and I’m a big fan of those… I’ll be buying at least one of these in DTF too. Great work, keep it up!

Kristopher

Ermmm, you had Sullivan use the word “gunsel” to refer to a gunman.

This usage is incorrect. The word gunsel = the word catamite.

I assume your character was not referring to an passive position preferring homosexual?

Orson Wells used the word correctly in his movie, The Maltese Falcon. Everyone, including the Hollywood censors, made the same mistake you just did, and assumes it meant “gunman”.

Kristopher

I did like the novel, BTW.

Got it tonight, enjoying it, Thanks!

Bought it and sent it to my Kindle but won’t get to read it until later this week. Can’t wait to get started on it though!

I am resisting ordering this on my Kindle. There’s just something about reading a good book, and actually holding it in your hands that can’t be replaced.

Maybe the Kindle will make a good paperweight.

Hey Larry, downloaded Hard Magic from Baen.com on Saturday morning. Finished it that day. Good job man. I totally didn’t see the ending. I like how you made it hard to distinguish the good versus bad guys and vice versa. I’m also impressed that you didn’t wimp out on what happened to the Pale Horse. You didn’t go all love and sweet forgiveness.

I think this is your best book yet. Of the three of yours I’ve read, ranking from best to worst (sorry man they’re not all equally good) I’d rank this first, MHI just a nose behind and MHV the last.

I don’t want to swell your ego too much but I want to tell you that you’ve been an inspiration to me. Last year after I bought MHI from my local barnes and nobles I looked you up on the internet and got linked to your ‘Welcome back Mr. Nightcrawler’ thread. Reading how you got started self publishing helped convince me to write my own book. My book is now in the top 100 paid for Sci-Fi on the Amazon Kindle store.

I’m glad that you’re continuing to write great stuff (this must be true if I’m willing to pay $15 for an pre-edited digital copy). I’m probably not the only guy that you helped inspire to self-publish.

Eric

We all know how much your followers love the Monster Hunter series, and to hear a lot of them saying that this is ‘as good, if not better,’ is definitely a tribute to how awesome this book is. I loved it as well and can’t wait to read the next one.

Brian

I just finished the book. It is pretty freaking awesome, now all I need to do is wait for the next one to come out………

rdevoe

as i usually do i started this one in the morning got caught up with where I left off and COULD Not put it down. Thanks Larry for another pleasant monday spent reading instead of working!!! Very good book. Hopefully you are working on a sequel.

James Walworth

Excellent Read. The Monster Hunter books are good reads, but this takes the craft to a different level. Truly an original concept and well written. Great story, good character development — the whole nine. I also REALLY appreciated that fact that the book is internally consistent. When I read fiction I like to “fall” into the authors universe — so for me there is nothing worse than an author that creates a really interesting universe and then breaks that universes rules. Again, excellent read. I plan to post a similar review on Baen and Amazon. Simply stated — this book should be read.

peter holmberg

i really dont know where to report errors and stuff…
found this witch might be an error:
“valuable asset, one which Inot prepared to lose.”
Inot?

peter holmberg

Albert tried to say something, but then his read rolled forward, limp.
head

peter h

chaper 13 “it was probably because he couldnstop itching”

Larry,

Finally finished it today (was reading another book when the Arc came out). Awesome! I love Faye and Sullivan, I hope the next one comes out super quick :-).

Found a 50-60 typoes / grammar issues but i’m assuming the editors found most of those already since this is an advance copy. You write pretty cleanly if this is unedited stuff!

I’m not sure which I like better now, MHI or Grimnoir, keep ‘em both coming and i’ll keep buying them!