Tanya, Princess of the Elves: The REST of the story

The entire Tanya story has been published over on the Baen page.  I continue the epic saga of a young trailer park elf and her quest to be more like Elvis Presley. Will Tanya ever realize her dream of becoming a Hunter? Why do orcs like talk radio? Why won’t bacon stay crispy in milk? FIND OUT!

Baen recently revamped their page. Each month they will be releasing an original work of short fiction there. I sold two stories to them.  Tanya, Princess of the Elves, and The Grimnoir Chronicles: Detroit Christmas. Both of which came out great in my not so humble opinion. They are pretty big too. With Tanya being over ten thousand words and Detroit Christmas being over 12K.  Basically I’m incapable of writing anything short.

I hope you enjoy reading Tanya as much as I enjoyed writing about her.

REMINDER: Post on the previous blog post if you want an autographed copy of Hard Magic!

Be the First to Comment!

Laughingdog

“Basically I’m incapable of writing anything short.”

Ironically enough, this was said in what I think is the shortest blog post I’ve seen on here in a while.

Larry, if you ever need a name for a reluctant monster hunter, please use TONJA. That’s my wife’s name. She’s a labor and delivery nurse but a mama bear when her family are threatened.

the Northwestern Diamondback

Hmmm… I suspected back when you first wrote her that Tanya was gonna hook up with an orc. Can’t wait to see what’s next!

The LDGE sounds interested in MHI, maybe I should shoot her this to help set the hook…

As always, that was awesome, and funny, which is the best combination.

matt

dude… you’ve got to find away to include Tayna in more MHI stories…

i’m not going to say more so as not to spoil anyone… but yeah, that bit about the telephone number at the end…LOL…

El Coqui

Larry:

I want to read more of Tanya and Edward, the odd couple of the Faerie world but why stop there. There are more young red-blooded elves that I am sure would love to do their patriotic duty and be Army Strong. :)

Click Click D'oh

Awesome work Larry.

That went on my Kindle in about record time.

BrianC

Awesome, get some, Edward! In more ways than one.

Gerald

So is that Tanya on the Cover of MHA?

Jesse

I wonder why there always seems to be an “Edward” around whenever inter-species romance happens?

Hmmm? :)

Jesse

Well, at least this one doesn’t sparkle.

Dannyboy

Nice.

I like this little side trip into the MHI universe. It’s good stuff.

Twistcut

I KNEW IT KNEW IT KNEW IT!!!

TANYA AND EDWARD!!!

I KNEW THIS WAS FREAKING COMING!!!

The Tanya, Edward combo, killing machine was just too much for you to resist! Way to much fun to be had here!

Now send them out to sic some of the freaks that show up on Coast to Coast!

Michael Ankenbrandt

That was the perfect start to my work day!

Dave2

I think this is a fantastic draw into the MHI universe.

Well that was just awesomeness on toast. I thought we wouldn’t get to hear any more of Tanya when you posted that you were editing that part out of the book. Let’s hear it for Baen buying short stories for the website. All hail Baen!
I hope we get to hear more about Tanya and Edward in the future. That was just big buckets of fun.

That was great. You had me rolling quite a few times.

NB

Great stuff. Ever think of doing a short story compilation like Niven’s Man-Kzin Wars books.?

You’ve already got a rough time line and a set of “rules” for how to kill things. I would love for you to flesh out characters with unrevealed backgrounds, (Earl, Orcs, etc.). Hell, I want to know what happened to the crotchety farmer who helped kill the gargoyles.

Other writers could kick in short stories set in the MHI universe either current day but set amongst other teams, competing companies (or govt’s. There has to be a Russian MCB), or set in the past. You know the Titanic wasn’t sunk by an iceberg.

Rich Swift

Read “Tanya” over on the Baen site. Really good stuff. Want more!

When they finally make MHI and MHV into movies, or a mini-series, this little thing is going to be an extra in the Collector’s Edition set.

Please tell me you’re working with some scriptwriters.

pittofdoom

Edward sure does like to cover himself with stabbimg implements. Now that’s what I call…
*Puts on sunglasses*
A sharp-dressed man.

YEAAHHH!

LepusKhan

(groan) You should be PUNished and sent to the PUNitentery for the maximum PUNalty of the law… :P