Do you guys want MHI on audio book? Now's your chance.

Readers have asked me before about the possibility of an MHI audio book, but I didn’t really follow up because I didn’t really know how that stuff worked. Recently, I was inspired to ask when I saw that my friend Sarah Hoyt’s excellent novel Darkship Thieves was going to get an audio book version. So I investigated, and basically it is a question of demand. Baen has an agreement with Audible to do Baen books on audio CD in stores and electronic download on Audible.com.  If Audible thinks that there is sufficient demand for an audio book, they’ll produce one.

EDIT: Apparently I was given the wrong contact info! Whoops. We’ll try this again later.

If you could mention title (Monster Hunter International), author (Larry Correia) and publisher (Baen Books) that would be great.  If they get enough interest expressed, then they may produce one. If they ask why they are suddenly getting a bunch of calls, you can refer them to here, and just say that I really like to communicate with my fans. :)

I like Audible too. I learned about them from their ad on the Writing Excuses podcast. It is a convenient way to go.

19 Comments on "Do you guys want MHI on audio book? Now's your chance."

Skip

Darkship Thieves is getting one? That’s awesome, I enjoyed that book and will gladly spend an audible credit for it.

I’ve really liked how Audible is expanding the available SF&F on audio. I thought when Amazon bought them they were probably going to go over to the dark side, but it hasn’t happened yet.

Shamrock Jim

Dude, I think I have made my views on this very clear. I would LOVE the MHI books in audio format. I loves me some audible.com.

Just make sure you get the right voice. I hate when you expect the hero to be hard core and he sounds like he should be doing hair at supercuts.

Nominated to read the book:
Gilbert Gottfried
Roseanne Barr
Carrot Top
Adam Sandler
Fran Drescher
Quentin Tarantino

And the winner is (drum roll)
Jean Claude Van Damme!

Seriously.. MHI is a mix of action and fun so I would vote for Bruce Willis.

That list is missing Adam Baldwin.

Scott Deering

It also helps if people go to the audible.com website and do searches for Larry, Monster Hunter International, Monster Hunter Vendetta, Monster Hunter Alpha, etc.

-Scott

Scott Deering

Larry,

One more note; you might want to go to Amazon.com and update the default Author’s page they created for you:

They only have one book on it and it looks kind of drab…

-Scott

[…] Hmmm, I’ll have to shoot him an e-mail. Readers have asked me before about the possibility of an MHI audio book, but I didn’t really follow up because I didn’t really know how that stuff worked. Recently, I was inspired to ask when I saw that my friend Sarah Hoyt’s excellent novel Darkship Thieves was going to get an audio book version. So I investigated, and basically it is a question of demand. Baen has an agreement with Audible to do Baen books on audio CD in stores and electronic d … Read More […]

Done and done. Just called the 800 number; the woman was quite polite and said she’d pass my request on.

I just wanted you all to know that the contact information in the original post is wrong for Audible.com. The address above goes to my company AudiobookStand. Not Audible.

We are not affiliated with Audible.com. We can certainly pass information along to Brilliance Audio.

This is contact information for AudiobookStand: consumerhelp@brillianceaudio.com Or call, 1-800-854-7859 (8 am to 10 pm ET, M-F; 9 am to 1 pm ET, on Saturdays).

I much prefer the printed word to an audiobook. I can go at my own pace and tend to use my imagination more when reading a book.

Nick Sharps

I have to agree with ya, I’m not big on the whole audiobook thing either.

On another note, Halo: Reach comes out in two days, anyone interested?

Darren

So this is what I got in response when I emailed them:

Dear Mr. Dayton:

Thank you for your interest in Brilliance Audio. At this time I do not show any plans to produce this title in audio, however I have forwarded your request on to our Acquisitions Department for further consideration. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Lisa Mastenbrook

Customer Service Representative

AudiobookStand

1-800-854-7859

Just fyi.

Brian

It would be fantastic to see this in Dramatic Audio.. Like Graphic Audio, or Atlantic Radio or something.. That would be nothing short of orgasmic..

Brian

Also… I hate audible. The quality is abhorrent and plain. Find an independent group to take this out, audible.com would be selloutish.

Bob W.

Larry;

I have a request.

Is it possible for the MHI series to be available in a ebook and Kindle formats?

I subscribe to Kindle and have purchased two of the MHI in paperback because other people seem to want your book so bad they take mine! Says alot about your book – I work for the Army at the Command and General Staff College at Fort Leavenworth, KS.

I have read the MHI about 10 times and am anxiously awaiting (13 days and a wake-up) for the new MHI Vendetta to come out. I pre-ordered it and cannot wait!

Keep up the great work – and be ready, the Zombies are coming!

We need bigger guns – great big f****** guns!