Well, look what just showed up on Amazon

Nick Sharp just posted about this in another thread on here. This was the first I knew. This is also the first time I’ve seen the cover.

EDIT:  I just found out that this is not, I repeat, this is not the final cover. This was just a place holder.   Whew!

And if you don’t know what it is, here are the sample chapters:  http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2010/04/07/7-days-of-grimnoir-sample-chapters-from-the-grimnoir-chronicles-hard-magic/

14 Comments on "Well, look what just showed up on Amazon"

Dillis
5 years 11 days ago

That cover is guaranteed to garner high sales, notwithstanding the writing gold inside.

Ryan
5 years 11 days ago

Ack – don’t like the cover. The gal reminds me of voldemort. Can’t wait for the book though.

5 years 11 days ago

Honest opinions on the cover? Alright, I’m not a fan of the cover. It looks odd, slightly cheesy, and not at all indicative of the story inside or the awesomeness it contains.

Now, I’ll be the first to say that I have no clue how you would go about making it better. . . but I do think it could use some work.

Dillis
5 years 11 days ago

I may be weird, but the combination of the Thompson being carried by the mobile mountain and the rather . . . intriguing lady would get me to pick up the book even if I didn’t know it was Larry’s. It seems to say “this is a gangster book with a twist.”

billc
5 years 11 days ago

If you check out John Nolte’s column at BiG Hollywod on Andrew Breitbarts site you will see that hollywood is going to do their best to wreck the new Captain America movie. Not much of a surprise really.

Ryan
5 years 11 days ago

Larry, as a graphic designer, I am not a fan of this cover. I am going to buy the book for sure, but if I were just passing it by, there’s no way I would pick it up. If I were polite, I would say that a minimum of effort was put into it. Perhaps it’s just a comp, I don’t know. If I were to be impolite, I would it looks like a 10th grader just discovered photoshop.

perlhaqr
5 years 11 days ago

I’m not a graphic designer, but I agree with this.

I don’t care for the cover. I don’t even like the text alignment of the sub-title. (If nothing else, “Book” and “I” should be on the same line.) The girl looks like some kind of alien.

They should have gotten the fella who did the covers for the MH books to paint this one, too.

Dannyboy
5 years 11 days ago

That’s a good thing. I wasn’t thrilled with the cover. TGC needs a cover with fire, explosions, a Maxim gun, and a zepplin, at the very least. ;)

Thor
5 years 11 days ago

Larry, not to be rude but, what gives on the pricing? There has to be a story behind it. $15 for a paperback, from a major publishing house?

Nick Sharps
5 years 11 days ago

Whoa! Props to me :P

BUFF_dragon
5 years 10 days ago

so when will the EARC be out for it?

David