Something kind of awesome

I just went over to see how my books were doing on Amazon, and I realized that I had just broken 100 five star reviews for Monster Hunter International. Sweet!  That’s a milestone for something I guess. Well, it makes me geek out a little.

Speaking of geeking out, I’m being red-shirted in two upcoming books from other authors. In one I’m a fighter pilot who dies heroically, and in another, I’m the head thug for an evil mega corporation. (make the title for that guy “financial analyst” and it sounds suspiciously like my first job…)

I’m going to LibertyCon next week, and really looking forward to it. A whole bunch of Baen authors are going to be there, so it will be a good schmmozing opportunity. Plus, Terry Brooks is the guest of honor, and Sword of Shannara was one of the first fantasy books I’d ever read.  So that is pretty darn cool.

I’ll have another Tom Stranger when I get back too. Ironically enough, this one takes place at a Con, and I’m giving myself the Clive Cussler treatment. Apparently there is one version of me in an alternative universe that has done really well for himself (the one that founded CorreiaTech and pioneered the deadly Combat Wombat) who has purchased Stranger & Stranger’s “Comprehensive” plan.

The Wombat: Inspiration for Terror.

And for your viewing enjoyment, the 100 greatest movie insults ever. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSEYXWmEse8 Warning, to say that there is some language would be a massive understatement. And they get better as they go to.  I was laughing my butt off by the end.

The Further Adventures of TOM STRANGER, Interdimensional Insurance Agent, live from ConKhanQuan XIV
You can now listen to me on the radio

13 Comments on "Something kind of awesome"

Dillis
5 years 1 month ago

I need to talk to you about another homage opportunity concerning Correia Tech. Any interest in being a “blatant opportunistic capitalist” who sees an opportunity to make millions by selling personal weapons to civilians, SWAT and military terrified by the realization that vampires are real, walk among us, and are legally protected from discrimination?

hmmm
5 years 1 month ago

The Wombat is the only animal with cube-shaped droppings.

guy
5 years 1 month ago

Can you get the Combat Wombat loaded into Gary Larson’s Dobie-o-Matic gun?

5 years 1 month ago

Wow – it’s like someone was making a video-montage of a Stingray rant.

David Kantrowitz
5 years 1 month ago

People know quality when they see it; congrats on all the great reviews!

5 years 1 month ago

Larry, the Monster Hunter series is exciting precisely because it defies the notion that spec fic must be angsty progressive social critique — that consumers want and are willing to invest in ‘fun’ spec fic that is adventurous, high-tempo, rock’em’sock’em, and has not been vetted by SF’s self-appointed political vetters. This is the kind of success I hope to one day have. MHI is proof that such success is still possible, as much as some people once thought (still think?) otherwise. MHI uber alles!

5 years 1 month ago

Speaking of Combat Wombats, are you familiar with Digger by Ursula Vernon? LawDog gave her Two Paws Up, which is what got me started

Nick Sharps
5 years 1 month ago

Hmmm I’m surprised there hasn’t been any blogs popping up in Germany titled “CorreiaTech. Because you suck. And we hate you.”

Nick Sharps

Panticles
5 years 1 month ago

Hahaha that top 100 movie insults was awesome!

Steve
5 years 1 month ago

Some of those insults made me want to see the rest of the movie just to see what kind of context they were set in. Some others, meh – jut strings of profanity.

5 years 1 month ago

Larry, I don’t have your email proper, so I sent you something via Facebook mail regarding your Combat Wombat.

Hope you enjoy it!

5 years 1 month ago

2:50 in. Billy Madison piece. AWESOME!!!