An illustration from the finale of Hard Magic

A little noir goodness for y0u. By Zack Hill.  You’ve not gotten this far with just the sample chapters, but this is a pretty good representation of one of the characters at the finale, all masked, coated, with a Browning designed weapon that sadly never existed in real life. :)

22 Comments on "An illustration from the finale of Hard Magic"

bulletdan
5 years 13 days ago

looks good… just need to publish it now…

5 years 13 days ago

I think what you mean is “just need to publish it NOW!!!”

bulletdan

lol, subtle

5 years 13 days ago

How hard would it be to get it to really exist now?

Nick Sharps
5 years 13 days ago

Mmmm wonderful representation. I didn’t get this far because after reading the totally awesome first three chapters I decided to save the rest of the book for when its finally published. What gun is this though? My curiosity is piqued.

Another question.

I haven’t had a lot of time to read new books. So what I have been doing is buying them from Audible.com. Any chance of your books being turned into an audiobook? And who would you like to be doing the reading.

BUFF_dragon
5 years 13 days ago

oh hell yea….. some audiobooks would ROCK
heck, its even kinda nice to have the audiobook to read along to, I think that’s how I’m going to start my 2YO out….
I have audiobooks of Dragonlance Chronicles, as well as my well-read copies, as soon as he gets old enough, he’ll start with those

5 years 13 days ago

Ooooh, where did you get those? How many of the Dragonlance Chronicles?

BUFF_dragon
5 years 13 days ago

I’ll try to find them on my other computer and get them posted somewhere….. someone took the OLD cassettes and recorded them digitally, they sound absolutely atrocious at times and are read very boringly at some points. But its still really nice to listen to books while at work. That is what got me started on podcasts which now fill everyday at work with typically gun related information. (Gun Rights Radio Network is awesome)
it’d be really cool to get Larry to guest on some of their podcasts…… most of the podcasters are big fans of his books

Lepuskhan
5 years 13 days ago

That is just soaked in awesome sauce! Zack is a great choice for an artist!

harm
5 years 13 days ago

Larry – that is AWESOME. Seriously Grimnoir is EPIC. Is it bad if I’ve been telling people to plan to buy it already?

Blast Hardcheese
5 years 13 days ago

Looks a lot like a Mike Mignola character – awesome!

(Now I”m picturing Lobster Johnson with a magic BAR…)

5 years 12 days ago

I dunno. Would Browning ever consider soiling his hands with a bullpup? ;-)

Chris
5 years 11 days ago

Go graphic novel with this, after the initial publication. The noir style could be the next ‘Sin City’ series. Hell, ask Miller to do it.

Blast Hardcheese
5 years 11 days ago

Only use Miller for the artwork. Under no circumstances should you let him anywhere near your plot or dialogue, unless you want to end up with about 257% more prostitute in your story than you had budgeted for.

harm
5 years 10 days ago

heh heh. Yeah that sounds like Miller.

Chris
5 years 10 days ago

*snirk*

Forgot about that- but does it count if they are prostitute NINJAS? On SKATES? With a KATANA?

Just sayin’, Miko was pretty badass

5 years 7 days ago

Looks like the drawing was based on the classic Sandeman Don: