Good News! Grimnoir release date earlier in 2011

It looks like The Grimnoir Chronicles: Hard Magic, will be out from Baen in spring of 2011, so in the earlier part of the year. When I know the month, I’ll let you guys know ASAP.Β  The feedback on the snippit rampage was excellent.

Also, I’ll finally be making it back down to the south. I’ll be attending LibertyCon in Chatanooga the first week of July.

2 free sample chapters from Monster Hunter Vendetta
Talking to myself in the dark

40 Comments on "Good News! Grimnoir release date earlier in 2011"

ScottTN
ScottTN

Hmmm, mayhap a trip to Chattanooga in July would be a good idea.

Just to ummmm, look around, of course.

Nick Sharps
Nick Sharps

Cheers! Oh and you should probably head To the East coast sometime

bluesun

**Ecstatic applause**

bulletdan
bulletdan

awesome. can’t wait

Nick Sharps
Nick Sharps

Hey Larry have you ever heard of Jonathan Maberry? I just picked up his novel Patient Zero and it strikes me as the sort of thing you might enjoy.

Linoge

Please let me know if you do! I could probably somehow manage to make the hour drive down… maybe… πŸ˜‰

Conversely, our house might be finished with its remodeling by then, if you need somewhere to crash (pending Better Half approval)…

thomas

just finished MHI and suddenly realized the need for MHI welcome mats.
let’s see if this works. if not, try the link:

thomas

nope. html is stripped out of comments.
well.
you can go to informatika dot us slash MHImat.jpg anyway.
what do you think?

moose1942

Score one for the interweb fans! πŸ˜€

Dannyboy
Dannyboy

Never let it be said that Baen Books doesn’t listen to their fans and respond accordingly.

Bravo, Baen, that’s why we love you. πŸ˜€

Tom Stone
Tom Stone

Larry if you ever decide to buy an estate in the wine country,drop me a line here in Sonoma County.

Adam
Adam

Alright!!!! Great news. Thanks for the update Larry.

Rudolph Meyer
Rudolph Meyer

hey, is there a web site that shows con’s? i’m really into sci-fi. and of course your jazz mr larry. i’ve never been to a con but i’ll really like to go to one. i’m from flint, mi.

i hear about random cons here and there. though they either pass me by or probably too far away to attend them ^^

LepusKhan
LepusKhan
Rudolph Meyer
Rudolph Meyer

well thank you friend πŸ™‚

Dillis
Dillis

I’d offer you a place to stay but I’m a bit too far to commute. However, I’ll definitely plan on coming to my first con in order to meet you.

Dillis
Dillis

Larry

Any chance you can get some MHI t-shirts going from cafepress or somewhere else? You could probably fill the place with horny smiley faces without any problem.

Ryan Horst

Chattanooga, TN?! Hmm… that’s only 550 miles away from me, and STRAIGHT down the interstate… could make for a nice weekend motorcycle trip.

trackback

[…] in July, I may ride back down to Tennessee to LibertyCon 23 in Chattanooga.Β  I just found out that Larry Correia will be there for the event!Β  It’s about 560 miles there, but it’s all pretty much straight down the […]

pittofdoom
pittofdoom

Sweet! Now the cruelty of posting the frist seven chapters of HM is not so bad. It’d be awesome to go down to Chattanooga in July… What day is the con?

Jon

Speaking of buy stuff, Larry I sent a paypal order for 3 patches your way a couple weeks back and haven’t heard (or seen) anything. Whats the word on the next batch of patches?

-Jon

Ralph Hoefelmeyer
Ralph Hoefelmeyer
Do you plan to come to Colorado at some point? More specifically, some where near Colorado Springs, CO? I have only met three of my favorite authors in person. I actually had the privilege of working with John Stith on several defense projects – he lives here, hard science fiction author, several books, TV screenplays. He’s a very nice man. If you like hard core science fiction, he is the Man. He also has this detective, Nick Naught, in short stories in Analog over the years, that is cripplingly funny. The other two authors were Laurell K. Hamilton and Dick… Read more »
Nick Sharps
Nick Sharps

You met Dirty Dick? Was he as tough in person as he is in his books?

pittofdoom
pittofdoom

So, Larry, what exactly will you be doing at Liberty Con? Book signings? Writing panel?

Also, I’m not sure if you have an answer to this question or not, but do you know if MHV and Hard Magic will be released in hardback first, or will they go straight to paperback?

Harm
Harm

Larry, you live in Utah. South for you technically is Arizona. And when are you going to be heading this way again?

James Raskob
James Raskob
Although overall I very much liked the snippets of Grimnoir, my head exploded at the descriptiong of the *armored* *dirigible* *warships*. Seriously? Magic is magic and you’ve carefully limited it, that’s fine. The macguffin is a Tesla artifact which may or may not work, and his Peace Rays (C&C Tesla Towers, perhaps?) may at least be theoretically possible (didn’t see any clues in the snippets), so that’s fine so far. Airships in commercial service actually offer some advantages – especially in that time period. No problem at all. But who in their right mind is going to use a lighter-than-air… Read more »
Scott
Scott

If you’re in mid-Michigan and need a bed or good meal, my family and I are happy to let you crash at my place. Backyard produce, venison, and little kids who love monster stories. Can’t get all that at the Ramada!

Francis

Just read the sample chapters. Can’t wait for spring of 2011.