Commentary from our friends in Europe:

I just got this posted to the HK mega-thread.

Author : Blubby
Comment:
You guys are funny. “Fanboys” and people who are afraid that they cant buy guns as Civilians complaining about marketing of HK? Guys, what you do think whos doing the “marketing” for america? Not german people do that! That is the american HK who have to do such kind of bullshit and anyway, there is no need to discuss why you should need a full automatic HK416, or is there? Do you think we in germany can buy guns as civilians? No! Not a fucking stupid little pistol and that is how it should be in a civilized country!
Just in such “third world” countries like America you can still do so! A lot parts of the USA are as worse as the Iraq or Afghanistan. Just think about it and its a shame that people like you talk about guns like we do about cars! Fucking shame on you!

Let me break it down for you:

Author : Blubby

Blubby, may I call you Fritz?  Okay, let me reply, Fritz.

Comment:

Why, yes.

If only that had had the word “dildoes” in it, I would have sworn that it had been written by Skwisgaar from Dethklok.

Uhm… I may have to diagram that sentence, and then get back to you.

Do you think we in germany can buy guns as civilians? No!

Shouldn’t that be NEIN!

Oh, a “civilized” country… You really want to go there, huh?

Just in such “third world” countries like
America you can still do so!

Yep.  Because we retain some measure of personal freedom, we’re a 3rd world country.  Gotcha.

A lot parts of the USA are as worse as the Iraq or Afghanistan.

Where in the USA exactly is life worse than in Iraq or Afghanistan?  Ironically, I don’t have any kids in my local grade school missing limbs from landmines, nor has my local shopping center been attacked by a suicide bomber lately.  Our women don’t have to wear to wear sacks and my hourly wage is about equivalent to what a Pashtun herdsman makes in a year.

If you’re talking about violence, we do have some violence, but I believe that you’ll find that the places in America where you are most likely to be brutally murdered also tend to have the most restrictive gun laws.  Ironic, that.

And even then, I’d take Washington DC or Chicago over Kabul or Baghdad anytime. I believe what you did there, Fritz, could be referred to as “talking out your ass”.

You know, Fritz, while you guys do make some pretty snazzy cars, the main reason you are able to speak your mind freely at all (on the internet that 3rd world Americans invented) is because at one point in time, a bunch of Americans that liked to talk about guns liberated you from a bunch of fascist socialist scumbags. Immediately after that, a bunch of other Americans who were also mostly fond of firearms were stationed in your land of fine beer and sausage to keep you from being steamrolled by a bunch of communists.

There are lots of Americans that like to talk about guns. We’re the ones that get called up to kill bad people and to teach slackers like you how to use them when something horrible finally happens that makes you realize you need one.

Fucking shame on you!

NEIN, Fritz! Shame on you!

Here in free America I can own and carry a firearm for personal protection. I have carried a gun everyday for a decade.  I have used a gun exactly once to stop a violent encounter. I pulled a gun on somebody who was about to murder my neighbor. My wife was able to stop a would-be rapist because she pulled a gun on him while he was in the process of pushing through our screen door.

Perhaps, if we had been more civilized, like you guys, I could have let an innocent man die in 1997 and my wife could have been violated in 2002.  Now that’s progress!

But having guns is bigger than just the protection of the individual.  Our founding fathers understood that there could come a point in time where the government could become tyrannical and evil.  At that point the democratic process would no longer work, and the only possible way to secure liberty would be for the populace to take up arms against their own government.

Cover art for MHV
Go stuff the ballot boxes

36 Comments on "Commentary from our friends in Europe:"

Kristopher
Kristopher

They don’t teach kids in Germany about the Hitlerzeit. Before you can commit genocide, you have to disarm your victims first.

Which is why get hilarity like German schoolkids yapping on the internet about how armed citizens make people unsafe.

Aaron Spuler

Didn’t know you liked Dethklok Larry, good to know I’m not the only one. 🙂

Keep up the good work and I look forward to MHV.

Jeff
Jeff

Once again Larry, I am humbled by the eloquence which you use as does the surgeon a scalpel, to dissect the idiotic ramblings of some pasty-complected wuss in lacey-lederhosen. Sorry for the run on sentence..

Ben

Larry, I believe you covered it pretty well, but if I may-

Blubby, HITLER was your countries leader, and you DARE call America a 3rd world country? Bullshit pal, your country was largely responsible for TWO world wars. WHO THE HELL are YOU calling uncivilized?

pittofdoom
pittofdoom

To be fair, I doubt Blubby had anything to do with the World Wars. Besides, he’s probably a pussyfist. I mean pacifist.

luckytexan
luckytexan

“Now, of course, it would be IMPOSSIBLE for a tyrannical despot to rise to power in Germany… After all, it is a civilized country…”

I’m considering making that my signature in all the forums I participate in, with proper attribution of course. Here’s to the land of the free and the home of the brave!

Twistcut
Twistcut

Yep, a classic quote to be sure. Also a constant reminder of why the founders thought the 2nd Amendment was such a GOOD idea.

JKimball
JKimball

You’ve done it again, Larry. Nice work.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard about the 1997 and 2002 incidents. Have you ever written about them in more detail elsewhere?

criticaluniverse

“Where in the USA exactly is life worse than in Iraq or Afghanistan? Ironically, I don’t have any kids in my local grade school missing limbs from landmines, nor has my local shopping center been attacked by a suicide bomber lately. Our women don’t have to wear to wear sacks and my hourly wage is about equivalent to what a Pashtun herdsman makes in a year.”

Don’t forget our clean water, electricity, low income housing, law enforcement, public transportation, and wonderful wonderful Mickey D’s!

moose1942

His brainwashing is complete. Bwahahahahahahaha

People like this are so… ignorant.

But look on the bright side, they will be the first to be eaten by the Zombie hordes. 😛

Nightcrawler
Nightcrawler

“But look on the bright side, they will be the first to be eaten by the Zombie hordes.”

Mmmm. Bratwurst.

jselvy
jselvy

In this case it was less a washing and more of a fluff and fold.

Rick R.
Rick R.

I don’t want to think about Blubby getting fluffed. . .

Ted
Ted
Let us compare. In the ’40’s, both countries forced a group of people into prison camps. In America, it was the Japanese, because there was great fear that they were a real threat to our security. While it was a shitty thing to do, they did get fed, weren’t worked to death, if at all, weren’t shot for fun, and at the end of the war, were released. In Germany, it was the Jews, gays, gypsies, blacks, and whoever else they didn’t like that week. They were worked to death, slowly starved, starved and also quickly starved. There were experiments… Read more »
Ted
Ted

Oh yeah, Dethklok rules. 🙂

deadcenter
deadcenter

Don’t give Blubby a second thought. Within 3 generations he will have been converted to Islam or he will (probably) have been sacrificed on the altar of Islam or will be in hiding because he’s had a Fatwa dropped on him because he, after discovering he has a backbone and a pair of nuts. Whatever the case, he will continue to be irrelevant.

The Northwestern Diamondback of THR
The Northwestern Diamondback of THR
I suppose, Blubberbutt, that you believe a woman who allows herself to be raped, robbed, beaten and strangled to death with her own pantyhose is morally superior and somehow more “civilized” than on with a dead would-be rapist+murderer at her feet. Over here, we recognize that part of the basic human right to LIVE, to EXIST, is being able to resist someone who seeks to deprive you of that right… but what would you know, seeing as how you’re from a place where Der Fuehrer had the right to put anyone or everyone in the country to death on his… Read more »
dagamore
dagamore

The real odd thing, is that while living in Germany, and with in the German laws/rules/regulations I just registered a “fucking stupid little pistol” an early 70’s Ruger Service Six with a little 70mm (2 3/4th”) barrel in 357 Mag, and its a great gun. And it was just last October that i Bought a Colt 1911 in 38Super(because i am weird like that).

Grant
Grant
I will make one comment to the above umm…thought. First off, Blubby’s a wandering moron with a loose mouth, he represents the most visible portions of German people and the EU view of “Acceptability”. It amazes me that he even had the Balls to contact Larry.. However I for one can’t brand Germany because of what their grandfathers did in WW2. Thats like blaming all the White people for slavery in the 1800’s. Yeah, Germany royally S***** with the world. I just never got why blame is held for so long. It’s bad, but you can’t penalize a nation or… Read more »
Ben

Grant- Note who went broad brush initially. That’s why the comparison. I do have several friends from Germany, good folks. It’s just Germany, like all countries has their share of statist thinkers is all, and I can’t abide by it. That line of thinking drives me nuts.

As far as carrying guns for self defense goes, anyone who will not do so, but in turn fully expects a policeman to do so on his behalf, is both hypocritical and morally deficient.

The Northwestern Diamondback of THR
The Northwestern Diamondback of THR

And for the record, my ancestors were German, too… aside from coming over before the Civil War.

Ben

“If it could happen in the 1930s-40s, then it can happen in the 2010s-20s” Don’t forget what happened in Cambodia as recently as 1975-79. Current- Look at North Korea. Wouldn’t take much at all to start something similar.

Kristopher
Kristopher

Victim-disarmament countries have genocides. Armed citizens don’t have to put up with this barbarity.

Pretty simple, really.

The German government’s supression of all mention of the Hitlerzeit, and their victim-disarmament laws, makes it all the more likely to happen there again.

So yes, I do blame the current generation of Germans.

Beaumont
Beaumont

To Larry and all the commenters: BRAVO!

Blubby reminds me of the Jewish zealot in “Life of Brian” who whines, “What have the Romans ever done for us?”

HankH
HankH

Point, set, match. Well put!

HankH

Blubby
Seriously, you guys made my day in making my comments into a post. xD It is really funny. I didn’t put much effort into backing up what i have said there and sure it is pretty much written in less than a minute. It is written on a way that will offend people of the USA a lot, so that it will attract attention. It worked out pretty well as you see. It attracted attention a lot, but it got taken to serious and went into a direction which it was not supposed to go. The real message was about… Read more »
T.Stahl

You got no idea what Waffenbesitzkarte means, do you?
I’m in Germany, too, and I DO own guns. Just today I bought my seventh. Oh, and they are all “real” guns, not air rifles. Seven guns, from .22lr to .308Win, single shots, bolt-actions, semi-autos, pistols and rifles.
Educate yourself!
There are ten million legal(!) guns in Germany – and twenty million illegal ones. (according to the BKA)

JRS
JRS
“The last thing that we invented was the MP3 format.” No. MP3 for which the format was finalized before you entered Kindergarten (a nice German word) was DEVELOPED by a working group of universities and corporations including the University of Hannover, AT&T-Bell Labs, Thomson-Brandt, CCETT and Fraunhofer IIS. That is kind of like proclaiming that the Chinese won WWII because Ip Man, a wealthy master who needed no employment, defeated a Japanese general in a prison yard uniting the Chinese in their fury and bringing retribution. Oops, they did make that movie, didn’t they.. but the truth is Yip Kai… Read more »
Blubby

Hello Larry Correia,
it would be nice if you would may add my response as a new post or to merge it into this post.

thank you.

Larry
The real message was about that you can buy guns pretty much without any real control in the USA, for the most states at least. Thats what i know. You don’t know half of what you think you know. In every state you have to pass some kind of background check to buy a gun from a dealer. In my state (North Carolina) you have to get a purchase permit from the county sheriff to even buy a handgun from anyone, dealer or private individual. What you probably don’t know is that this law came into being, not as an… Read more »
Another Dumb Yank
Another Dumb Yank
I just LOLed me butt off. XD Nicely done, Larry. Oh, and hi Fritz. You should come hang out in the U.S. of A., where we are still mostly free. We had a German exchange student stay with us when I was a kid, and he left here a good trap shooter and a decent pistol shot. Remarkably, nobody was killed or maimed or otherwise injured. Heck, there weren’t even any close calls. I’ve been carrying a pistol since concealed carry laws were passed in my state, and I have yet to hurt myself or anyone else. And it won’t… Read more »
Hess
Hess

Most of the “jokes” made could elicit the response, “Oh, I get it. He’s German.” Pretty clever stuff.

Zack Yezek
2 years 1 month ago
I agree with it all up to the last part. An armed populace is a deterrent to tyrants taking power in a place like Germany or America. It also ensures any despot’s forces- foreign or domestic- will have to contend with an armed insurgency outside the cities. However, it takes more than just having weapons to stop despots. Certainly a war pitting the US gov’t versus the public would not be won by personal firearms alone. They’re necessary to make it possible at all (a necessary condition), but in such a nightmare scenario victory for freedom would ultimately depend on… Read more »
jabrwok
jabrwok
2 years 1 month ago

Assuming that the military, or enough of it, stayed loyal to the government, the government would likely win, but the price would be insanely high and the damage to the national identity would likely be irreparable.

It’s not so much a matter of being able to overthrow tyrants anymore so much as having a Sampson option. Push the citizenry too far and we have the means to bring the whole edifice down.

Of course given an arrogant enough Executive who thinks “apres moi, le deluge”, MAD might not be sufficient. Oh well, no perfection this side of Heaven.