mhi_blog_header2_0

Deadlines

I’ve got a deadline to reach. I have one month to do my final revision of MHV and submit it.  If everything goes okay, then MHV will release in Fall 2010.

Now I’m off to edit. I love writing. Hate editing. Writing is fun. Editing is work!

16 Responses to Deadlines

1. Raptor says:

I feel the same way Larry; Love writing, hate editing. Which is odd, because I often start going back and editing my books before I’m anywhere near finished writing them.

And congrats again on getting MHV picked up.

2. Keith says:

Fall 2010 is a long time to wait. That’s practicly two Christmases. Congratulations, can’t wait.

3. Maku says:

Perhaps you should cheat and get some to do the editing for you ;)

4. ctr says:

Fortunately for me, writing is just another skill I don’t have…

On another note.. here is a little story about MHI.

So a couple weeks ago I received my copy, read a good two thirds of it, and then forgot it in a transient barracks. I could not convince my commander that I needed to go back for it. With amazing luck, I visited the PX on JBB and found a single brand spanking new copy of MHI. So I bought it, and read it while waiting for the freedom bird.. then I lent it out. It’s gone forever. The end.

5. Dannyboy says:

I don’t want to sound whiny or anything, but…

We hafta wait until FALL of 2010 for MHV?

I hate waiting. My modern American entitlement attitude demands instant gratification.

Tell me there’s some traction on the Dead 6 front, though, and I’ll be happy.

6. Grant says:

Well, although it is a long wait, I am still glad there will be a second :D I didn’t doubt there would be, but everything I like is usually cancelled, out of production, or something….

What we need is some place for fan fiction. There’s the awesome work over on wethearmed, I got 3 chapters finished up on mine…I am betting there’s a fair bit out there ;-)

7. Blake says:

Can’t wait for 2010, hopefully that burning question that we all share will finally be answered:

Monster Control Board- Good guys, or best guys ever?

8. clay says:

Just bought the MHI from Baen… I read the first 7 chapters and wanted more… thank you for the writing and EDITing… lol..

9. Miguel says:

Larry, at least get us the MHI Employee Handbook!

You should ask help from some HR people with flexible minds.

10. Adam says:

Aww Crap! You mean fan fiction is all the MHI we get for another year?!? Looking forward to Christmas 2010 already.

11. moose42 says:

This is my sorry attempt at fan fiction.

I double posted it at We The Armed, and The Gun Counter.

Enjoy.

12. Avenger29 says:

Moose, why the hell do you keep demeaning your good work as “sorry!?”

Stop it. Now. No need nor reason to demean your own efforts.