16 Comments on "Deadlines"

Raptor
7 years 1 month ago

I feel the same way Larry; Love writing, hate editing. Which is odd, because I often start going back and editing my books before I’m anywhere near finished writing them.

And congrats again on getting MHV picked up.

Keith
7 years 1 month ago

Fall 2010 is a long time to wait. That’s practicly two Christmases. Congratulations, can’t wait.

Maku
Maku
7 years 1 month ago

Perhaps you should cheat and get some to do the editing for you πŸ˜‰

ctr
ctr
7 years 1 month ago
Fortunately for me, writing is just another skill I don’t have… On another note.. here is a little story about MHI. So a couple weeks ago I received my copy, read a good two thirds of it, and then forgot it in a transient barracks. I could not convince my commander that I needed to go back for it. With amazing luck, I visited the PX on JBB and found a single brand spanking new copy of MHI. So I bought it, and read it while waiting for the freedom bird.. then I lent it out. It’s gone forever. The… Read more »
Dannyboy
Dannyboy
7 years 30 days ago

I don’t want to sound whiny or anything, but…

We hafta wait until FALL of 2010 for MHV?

I hate waiting. My modern American entitlement attitude demands instant gratification.

Tell me there’s some traction on the Dead 6 front, though, and I’ll be happy.

Grant
Grant
7 years 30 days ago

Well, although it is a long wait, I am still glad there will be a second πŸ˜€ I didn’t doubt there would be, but everything I like is usually cancelled, out of production, or something….

What we need is some place for fan fiction. There’s the awesome work over on wethearmed, I got 3 chapters finished up on mine…I am betting there’s a fair bit out there πŸ˜‰

Chase
Chase
7 years 30 days ago

There’s two threads going at The Gun Counter.

Blake
Blake
7 years 30 days ago

Can’t wait for 2010, hopefully that burning question that we all share will finally be answered:

Monster Control Board- Good guys, or best guys ever?

clay
clay
7 years 30 days ago

Just bought the MHI from Baen… I read the first 7 chapters and wanted more… thank you for the writing and EDITing… lol..

Miguel
7 years 30 days ago

Larry, at least get us the MHI Employee Handbook!

You should ask help from some HR people with flexible minds.

Adam
Adam
7 years 30 days ago

Aww Crap! You mean fan fiction is all the MHI we get for another year?!? Looking forward to Christmas 2010 already.

moose42
7 years 29 days ago

This is my sorry attempt at fan fiction.

I double posted it at We The Armed, and The Gun Counter.

Enjoy.

Avenger29
Avenger29
7 years 29 days ago

Moose, why the hell do you keep demeaning your good work as “sorry!?”

Stop it. Now. No need nor reason to demean your own efforts.

moose42
7 years 29 days ago

Well I figure its better to say it in a humble manner than to say “My fan fiction is better than the original book!”

πŸ˜€