Panelist at more Sci-Fi Cons

I will be on a creative writing panel at http://ltue.byu.edu/2009Home.html on Saturday, Feb 21 at 4:00.  I get to meet Tracy Hickman! How cool is that? I was reading Tracy Hickman when I was a teenager.

I will be on some panels at Conduit on the weekend of May 22nd. But I don’t know which ones yet. http://conduit.sfcon.org/ Eric Flint will be there. I’m going to have to get him to autograph my copy of 1632. We should hang out or something. He’s a Baen author, I’m a Baen author, except I’ve published one novel and he’s published like 50 best-sellers. Okay, maybe he’ll let me buy him lunch or something.

6 Comments on "Panelist at more Sci-Fi Cons"

Tim Covington

It would be amusing to see you and Flint meeting. He is an ardent Trotsky communist.

I’ve met Eric Flint and several others in the 1632 support group. I host the 1632 Search Engine (http://www.crucis.net/1632search) used to track ideas/events that are “canon” in that universe.

Eric is a communist and has no qualms people knowing it. That said, he much more republican and gun-friendly in his books than during his earlier life.

Medikman

Hopefully I will see you at Conduit then, I am going to try and do medical and security for them this year since MountainCon is probably not going to happen

Scotty T

I will be at the Y for the Feb. 21 lectures/panels for sure! Between Hickman, Sanderson and you, how could I stay away!

I would love to get a word in with Sanderson, as the Wheel of Time is my favorite series EVER (MHI isn’t a series until #2 comes out!).

Scotty T

I think you and NC should do the “collaborating with another writer” panel discussion.

Scotty T

I promise this is my last post!

I will think up a great question for your World Building panel that will make everyone rush out and pre-order MHI!