Who Am I?

I saw this online today.

Who am I?

I am under 45 years old,
I love the outdoors,
I hunt,
I am a Republican reformer,
I have taken on the Republican Party establishment,
I have many children,

Did you guess?

I am Teddy Roosevelt in 1900
Oh, I love it.

10 Comments on "Who Am I?"

Rich

Haha, I totally fell for it and guessed Palin! That’s awesome!

As a fan of Teddy, I saw the similarities when Palin was announced and I admit I am excited. Then again it is kinda morbid in a way. Let’s just leave it at that.

If anybody wants to read about Teddy, I recommend 2 books: The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt and Theodore Rex both by Edmund Morris. He was an amazing man.

Kinda amusing, but Palin compares to TR about as well as Dan Quayle compared to JFK.

qlajlu

Have you seen the more recent e-mail going around that claims an inside Obamarama source let slip that on or about Oct. 5, Biden will withdraw from the VP Nomination and The Queen Hillary will become the VP selection? This is, of course, after the VP debates scheduled for the 3rd.

Remains to be seen but with the splash that Palin made, Obamasiah probably feels he is up against the ropes and will do anything to counter it. Old NFO had it on his Blogspot today. (http://oldnfo.blogspot.com/2008/09/what-if.html)

I’m suspicious of chain emails that claim an “inside source” just on general principle.

mlccomms

Theodore Rex is a great read.

TJ

Interesting.

However, TR was successful in private life LONG before he entered politics.

TJ, not quite. TR did not have a great mind for business, his cattle ranch failure was an economic failure but a great achievement politically as he earned the respect of the people. It was Edith who reigned him in and kept the finances in check since TR was generous to a fault. TR’s money came from what he inherited from his family and the money he made as author.

Let’s see.

Before he was the governor of New York, TR was a police commissioner in NYC, credited with cleaning up a lot of the corruption. He instituted formal weapons training for the first time to the NYPD. He also served as a New York state assemblyman (lower house of the state legislature)

He wrote a history of the naval actions in the War of 1812 when he was in his 20s, which became a standard reference work for many decades. Based in part on that, he was appointed as Assistant Navy Secretary, a job he resigned in order to go fight (at age 39 or so) in the Spanish Civil War.

All of that is no doubt far less significance than being the mayor of Wasilla, Alaska. [sarcasm intended]

(TR also graduated magna cum laude from Harvard, so that is a knock against him, since he went to one college, not six.)

You guys want to support Palin, that’s your right. But comparing her favorably to Theodore Roosevelt both insults his record and creates a thoroughly laughable argument.

[…] Larry Correia finds a find: I am under 45 years old, I love the outdoors, I hunt, I am a Republican reformer, I have taken on the Republican Party establishment, I have many children, I have a spot on the national ticket as vice president with less than two years in the governor’s office. […]